https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Hudson Odoi

Started by H4usuallysitting, September 18, 2023, 10:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Scored for Forest tonight..... anyone see it....was he any good

3rdgenfan

Great goal. Curled into top corner ala Willian. Didn't do much else during the game though

colinwhite

poor apart from his disallowed goal

NCSUWhite

Origi also played but didn't do much either

WolverineFFC

Scored a great goal. Was solid throughout. Based on the performance I think Fulham could've used him.

That being said the young Burnley LW Koleasho was the best player on the pitch. 3 million from Villareal! When are Fulham going to find a youngster like him for that low a price? He made Montiel look out of his depth. Glad the club didn't bring Montiel in based on that performance.

Al-Fayed

Had a fairly lively first half and scored a great goal that was the sort Willian and Solomon scored for us last year. I was strongly for buying him as class is everything in football. However, time will tell which side is right on this issue. Early days.

StuinSalop

He looked to be moaning a lot, his body language was terrible and he did NOT put in a shift.  Typical, I am too good for you, billy big boots attitude.  He goal conceded this.  He also failed to take anyone on but his distribution was tidy.  Happy he went elsewhere.  I am sure he is a good footballer and his transfer fee was cheep but his wages are crazy high and he looked like he could be trouble.

Grassy Noel

I didn't see Nico Williams mentioned as being on the bench. Is he out of contention now? He played for his country recently but so did many others who played at the weekend.He usually manages to feature as a desperation sub.

ffcthereligion

Very odd and bitter of many posters to be so critical of Hudson-Odoi. He was awarded MOTM yet just because he didnt sign for us many seem to be attacking his performance and in some cases his character?

filham

We are not short of wide players, I think Willian, Iowi, Wilson, BDR and Traore will all have their day sometime this season.

alfie

Quote from: StuinSalop on September 19, 2023, 08:35:25 AMHe looked to be moaning a lot, his body language was terrible and he did NOT put in a shift.  Typical, I am too good for you, billy big boots attitude.  He goal conceded this.  He also failed to take anyone on but his distribution was tidy.  Happy he went elsewhere.  I am sure he is a good footballer and his transfer fee was cheep but his wages are crazy high and he looked like he could be trouble.
I couldn't disagree more, I thought he was lively, not sure what you mean about his body language, didn't look terrible to me.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Free Elvis Hammond

Thought he looked really good to be honest, lovely touch and great vision, although it was pretty intermittent - there were long spells where Forest got nowhere near the ball

H4usuallysitting

FFC1987

I watched the game with a keen eye on CHO for obvious reasons. Based on what I saw, in isolation to this performance alone, I don;t subscribe to the view he had attitude issues or poor body language, nor really, that he looked anything other than average apart from the way he took his goal which was class. Very Solomon like.

So, I wouldn't say he'd fit in any better than current players and based on that performance, he'd probably make a decent impact sub player, but not sure about him starting. Wasn't overly impressed with his tracking back but I don;t suppose that was his role.

Overall, for a debut, a nice start in isolation but not great or something I'd disappointed we missed out on. But time will tell. His side still only managed a draw with a struggling Burnley side who, for large spells, looked the more dangerous side. Forest at home, which was their bread and butter last season keeping them up, need to keep that form or drastically improve away or they could struggle again this season and I'm not sure how well a player, used to dominating, will cope in scrappy relegation battles.

WindyCity

TBH, before his goal, I thought he was somewhat underwhelming.  Was on the ball quite a bit, but many of his passes and crosses were poor, IMHO.  Would be interesting to see what his pass completion rate was.  That said, his goal was absolutely terrific.  Won't see many better goals than that one.