watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The total miscue for a tap in

Started by ChesterTheTabby, September 23, 2023, 06:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Our best chance of the game - BDR feeding Jiminez, who squares across to Periera for a tap in and Andres isn't there. I watched it back, and as much as Raul will get grief for not shooting himself, before Bobby passes to him, Jimenez is either 1) calling to BDR to pass to Periera and not him, or, 2) yelling at Periera and pointing that his intent is to square it.

I don't put the "oh shucks" on Raul at all actually - I think it was his intent and BDR could have passed to Periera first time and not Raul, and Raul made the right choice and Andreas just wasn't in the right spot.

Thoughts?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Tabby

While I don't blame him for trying to go square it was a poor pass.

Willham

He was very wide, and pereira didn't seem to expect the ball, I think both players were in different minds,

Our former striker would have definitely shot so maybe this played into pereira's mindset.

Personally I think I would have squared it too.

perry geyton

I don't think Perreira tried hard enough to get to it, made it look like a bad pass

LC

My initial reaction was Andreas should be there but I would like to watch it back.

He could have shot and no one would have blamed him. If I were Silva I'd rerun that drill in training and make him shoot every time.

I don't blame him for passing

perry geyton

Quote from: LC on September 23, 2023, 06:48:00 PMMy initial reaction was Andreas should be there but I would like to watch it back.

He could have shot and no one would have blamed him. If I were Silva I'd rerun that drill in training and make him shoot every time.

I think passing was the right thing to do

SerbianLad

I personally think neither option was bad, both passing and shooting from that position is a good option. The problem is, pass has to be spot on in a situation like that and the other player (int this case Andreas) need to be alert to the situation, I believe Andreas expected Raul to shoot. I'd also like to say that I believe 9/10 times a confident striker puts that in the back of the net. It was a relatively simple finish if he chose to shoot, but it's clear he lacks confidence.

filham

Are our attacking players on the same page.
Oh, the great Bill Shankley said to his attackers, when you get the ball in the box quickly put it in the net and then discuss your options afterwards.

ianthailand

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on September 23, 2023, 06:04:51 PMOur best chance of the game - BDR feeding Jiminez, who squares across to Periera for a tap in and Andres isn't there. I watched it back, and as much as Raul will get grief for not shooting himself, before Bobby passes to him, Jimenez is either 1) calling to BDR to pass to Periera and not him, or, 2) yelling at Periera and pointing that his intent is to square it.

I don't put the "oh shucks" on Raul at all actually - I think it was his intent and BDR could have passed to Periera first time and not Raul, and Raul made the right choice and Andreas just wasn't in the right spot.

Thoughts?
I don't think Raul should shoot himself Tabby it's only a football game.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: ianthailand on September 24, 2023, 01:49:55 AM
Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on September 23, 2023, 06:04:51 PMOur best chance of the game - BDR feeding Jiminez, who squares across to Periera for a tap in and Andres isn't there. I watched it back, and as much as Raul will get grief for not shooting himself, before Bobby passes to him, Jimenez is either 1) calling to BDR to pass to Periera and not him, or, 2) yelling at Periera and pointing that his intent is to square it.

Thoughts?
I don't think Raul should shoot himself Tabby it's only a football game.

Hahahaha
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

LC

Quote from: perry geyton on September 23, 2023, 09:20:29 PM
Quote from: LC on September 23, 2023, 06:48:00 PMMy initial reaction was Andreas should be there but I would like to watch it back.

What I'm saying is I would have rather be shot and possibly scored. He needs a goal which will give him confidence, and we are struggling for goals at the moment so we need him confident and scoring goals

hovewhite

With passes like that there should be 2or 3 players backing up in the box expecting the pass I learnt that playing at school.

alfie

Raul could see that he had the keeper in front of him, whereas Andreas had an open goal, unfortunately the pass was a tad hard, a bit softer and Andreas would have got there.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

JimOG

Quote from: alfie on September 24, 2023, 10:06:15 AMRaul could see that he had the keeper in front of him, whereas Andreas had an open goal, unfortunately the pass was a tad hard, a bit softer and Andreas would have got there.

Thought the pass was absolutely perfectly weighted...watch him roll it across. I think Iwobi would have finished that. Pereira just doesn't look quick or agile enough to be a 'fox in the box'

jayffc

That ones on BDR for me

Raul clearly is pointing at Periera as the appropriate pass and open position, and he was absolutely right... Andreas was wide open 1 on 1 with the keeper and Bobby took the wrong option. At that point Raul isn't therefore expecting the ball and clearly has decided that Andreas is the one to give it to so when he receives it with little time to think, he's still in the mode of how he can get the ball to him.

A mixture of just too much on the pass and Andreas not anticipating enough once he doesn't get the pass from BDR... and the chance goes begging.

Encouraging that we had a number of clear chances yesterday, just not quite clicking fully yet.

Bill2

Jiminez was on the near post with a tight angle plus the keeper on the post, so a difficult shot. The correct decision was to square the ball and as the thread says, Andreas would have had the easiest of tap ins.
Should it have gone to Andreas first, possibly but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
One thing is worth mentioning it was a great move.

bencher

Quote from: Bill2 on September 24, 2023, 12:01:01 PMJiminez was on the near post with a tight angle plus the keeper on the post, so a difficult shot. The correct decision was to square the ball and as the thread says, Andreas would have had the easiest of tap ins.
Should it have gone to Andreas first, possibly but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I think BDR passed to RJ because, being a right footer, it was the easier pass to get right. The pass to AP was a bit trickier.

jayffc

Quote from: bencher on September 24, 2023, 12:50:12 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on September 24, 2023, 12:01:01 PMJiminez was on the near post with a tight angle plus the keeper on the post, so a difficult shot. The correct decision was to square the ball and as the thread says, Andreas would have had the easiest of tap ins.

I think BDR passed to RJ because, being a right footer, it was the easier pass to get right. The pass to AP was a bit trickier.

All he had to do was cut back and side foot it to him as he was being told to by Jiminez, sadly the composure wasn't there when it mattered. Should have come away with all 3 but hey, you take an away point every day of the week in the prem

WolverineFFC

Quote from: JimOG on September 24, 2023, 10:18:02 AM
Quote from: alfie on September 24, 2023, 10:06:15 AMRaul could see that he had the keeper in front of him, whereas Andreas had an open goal, unfortunately the pass was a tad hard, a bit softer and Andreas would have got there.

Thought the pass was absolutely perfectly weighted...watch him roll it across. I think Iwobi would have finished that. Pereira just doesn't look quick or agile enough to be a 'fox in the box'

I think Pereira just does not have that finisher's instinct like you mention. Explains why Man United often tried to play him in a deeper role.

WindyCity

Quote from: perry geyton on September 23, 2023, 09:20:29 PM
Quote from: LC on September 23, 2023, 06:48:00 PMMy initial reaction was Andreas should be there but I would like to watch it back. He could have shot and no one would have blamed him. If I were Silva I'd rerun that drill in training and make him shoot every time. I don't blame him for passing

I know everyone has their own opinions on this.  In my view, RJ has to take the shot!  Shouldn't have even been a thought in his mind to pass.  He's a goal scorer (at least he has history of such) and he's got to take the shot!