more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham defender felt Cottagers deserved more than solitary point

Started by South London Weekly, September 25, 2023, 08:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

South London Weekly

Hello Fulham fans,
                  My name is Paul and this season I will be writing occasional Fulham stories for a new weekly local paper called South London Weekly which I will hopefully be allowed to share on here.

First up is an interview with Antonee Robinson after the Palace game below.

Fulham defender feels Cottagers deserved more than solitary point at Crystal Palace

PAUL GREEN25TH SEPTEMBER 2023FOOTBALL, FULHAM, SPORT

ANTONEE Robinson believes Fulham were unfortunate not to claim all three points from Saturday's scoreless encounter with Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.

The visitors drew a couple of decent saves from Eagles keeper Sam Johnstone and restricted their hosts to one notable chance when Eberechi fired just wide in the first half.

Clear chances though remained at a premium throughout and although Robinson admitted the point could still prove useful, the American international felt overall it was a lost opportunity to claim back-to-back wins after last weekend's 1-0 success over Luton.

He said: "I think we were really hard done by not to come out of the game with a win.

"It was unfortunate. We created some really good chances and didn't get the rub of the green.

"Their keeper has done really well, pulled off some good saves and they've defended the box valiantly, like we did.

"It is unfortunate for us but a point and a clean sheet away from home is not the end of the world."

Robinson added: "It is definitely a point gained.

"Obviously we want to get as many points as we can this season and that is just another point towards our goal which is trying to build on the success of last year.

"We want to keep being a positive team who are hard to play against. We are looking forward from that. We've kept two clean sheets in a row now and now we just need to make sure we put goals in at the other end.

"The chances we created today were better than our last game."

Fulham are still trying to come to terms with the departure of talisman striker Aleksander Mitrovic.

And although Robinson accepts the Serbian could potentially have taken one of those chances at Selhurst Park, the defender is convinced things will improve in the final third once all the summer arrivals settle in at Craven Cottage.

"He (Mitro) may have done, yeah," said the 26-year-old.

"There are new players coming in who have to get adapted to the system and build relationships.

"That doesn't happen overnight. We are looking more and more like a team who understand how each other moves, how each other passes, day in, day out.

"Going forward it is only going to get better and better.

"Once we all fully click together it is exciting."

Robinson was pleased with his own contribution in the draw at Crystal Palace as Fulham shut out opponents for a second consecutive game.

"I did alright," he explained.

"I'm mainly happy that the back four has managed to keep a clean sheet – that's job one.

"I didn't feel like too many chances came from the wings in general but from my side it felt like I shut it down fairly well. I was ok on the ball so there isn't too much to complain about.

"It is a really hard place to come to and last year they finished next to us in the table.

"They are a tough team to play against. They have got really good individual quality in defence but mainly attack as well, so we are happy to keep a clean sheet."

Fulham currently sit 11th in the Premier League table but Robinson is confident things will only get better as the campaign unfolds.

"Two wins, two draws, two losses – it is pretty average to be honest," he said when asked to rate the Whites' season so far.

"I feel like we've still got more in us but from the games we've played, we've had City away and Arsenal away.

"They are not easy games to add into that form, so considering we've got a few good points on the board it is good. We've got more in us.

"Today even we felt we've got more in us so it feels nice the fact we are disappointed with that result and that we can kick on and push for more."

Link to Antonee Robinsion story

WindyCity

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Cobh Fulham Fan

Its great to hear the personal opinions of players and compare them with some posted on here by the fans.  Robinson is a man after my own heart - a glass more than half full-man, as Im sure all of his team mates are!

ex-Pat

Where are the geniuses who came on week after week slagging Robinson, me I always thought he was quality and I said so, much to the dismay of these fans..

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: South London Weekly on September 25, 2023, 08:34:03 AMHello Fulham fans,
                   My name is Paul and this season I will be writing occasional Fulham stories for a new weekly local paper called South London Weekly which I will hopefully be allowed to share on here.

First up is an interview with Antonee Robinson after the Palace game below.

Link to Antonee Robinsion story

Great to see a new paper

RaySmith

Great to  here Antonee's view of the game, he's been such an effective player fpr us this  season.

Thanks for this.