watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BBC Sport

Started by Ludlow Richard, September 28, 2023, 08:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

So, the BBC Sport website has a short video showing "the Premier League's greatest volleys". Somehow and inexplicably, this video manages to omit Kasami's stupendous volley against Palace, but finds room for Rooney, Van Persie, Scholes, Shearer etc etc. What a load of tosh.

Marcel_Gecov

You know you support Fulham, right? We are always forgotten.

bog

During Covid the BBC had Ian Wright, Alan Shearer and Micah Richards discussing the best goals in Premiership history. Bearing in mind that John Motson compared Kasami's goal with Marco Van Basten's 1988 goal, Kevin Kilcline said it was the best ever goal in the Premier League and the following day on the BBC lunchtime news the goal was highlighted as one of the best ever, they chose not to even mention Kasami's effort.  ::tongue::

Rather annoying isn't it.     

H4usuallysitting

As a goal & the importance of it Dempsey's v Juventus.....the cottage was on fire that night

hovewhite

Dr Know

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 28, 2023, 09:17:19 AMAs a goal & the importance of it Dempsey's v Juventus.....the cottage was on fire that night
You mean the mis-hit cross ?

filham

I thought the BBC mentioned that great Mullery goal against Leicester in one of their best ever programmes.

Brawn

For whatever reason the BBC absolutely loathe us with a passion. I can remember the first time I watched Soccer Saturday on Sky and it was by comparison relieving.

demeant0r

Quote from: Brawn on September 28, 2023, 11:55:09 AMFor whatever reason the BBC absolutely loathe us with a passion. I can remember the first time I watched Soccer Saturday on Sky and it was by comparison relieving.

Must be because we were owned by Mo

Arthur

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on September 28, 2023, 08:13:07 AMSo, the BBC Sport website has a short video showing "the Premier League's greatest volleys". Somehow and inexplicably, this video manages to omit Kasami's stupendous volley against Palace, but finds room for Rooney, Van Persie, Scholes, Shearer etc etc. What a load of tosh.

From the names you list, it seems obvious a more accurate description would be 'A Short Video of the Premier League's Greatest Volleys by Well-Known Players'. Hence, Pajtim Kasami's strike isn't included. Heaven forbid that the BBC should take the liberty of shortening the title to something less of a mouthful.

Or perhaps it doesn't matter. No one else is bothered by Kasami's omission - just as none of us give a monkey's that a volley by some long-forgotten Coventry, Derby or Bolton player hasn't been dug out the archives. The BBC don't hate us. The world's not against us. It really doesn't matter.

alfie

Quote from: Arthur on September 28, 2023, 03:18:39 PM
Quote from: Ludlow Richard on September 28, 2023, 08:13:07 AMSo, the BBC Sport website has a short video showing "the Premier League's greatest volleys". Somehow and inexplicably, this video manages to omit Kasami's stupendous volley against Palace, but finds room for Rooney, Van Persie, Scholes, Shearer etc etc. What a load of tosh.

From the names you list, it seems obvious a more accurate description would be 'A Short Video of the Premier League's Greatest Volleys by Well-Known Players'. Hence, Pajtim Kasami's strike isn't included. Heaven forbid that the BBC should take the liberty of shortening the title to something less of a mouthful.

Or perhaps it doesn't matter. No one else is bothered by Kasami's omission - just as none of us give a monkey's that a volley by some long-forgotten Coventry, Derby or Bolton player hasn't been dug out the archives. The BBC don't hate us. The world's not against us. It really doesn't matter.
It's not necessarily the BBC that selects, probably just some individual.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Why this concentration on the BBC as usual? The SKY commentators rarely do us any favours with their commentaries and obviously favour the big boys pus who ever is their flavour of the month. Just get on with supporting the club and forget what these 'experts' say.

fulhamfan

it was a chest and volley -  not a pure volley

Arthur

Quote from: alfie on September 28, 2023, 03:59:11 PMIt's not necessarily the BBC that selects, probably just some individual.

Of course. But individual employees - whose names are unknown to me - work for the BBC. I can assure you I do not imagine the entire staff of the BBC sports department collaborate on every item shown on MOTD.