watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New Ashwater Press Book on CC

Started by Zendra, September 28, 2023, 09:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zendra

Got my copy today. Very impressive , glossy pages , informative text  and loads of colour pics.  Already read the first 20 pages when actually I should have been in front of the PC  WFH.

The book starts with the history of the area and never really thought about it before but Middlesex doesn't exist  officially . Funnily enough I was asked recently  what county is Fulham in and I said Middlesex.

Would highly recommend this book to all FFC fans

Penfold

Quote from: Zendra on September 28, 2023, 09:21:55 PMGot my copy today. Very impressive , glossy pages , informative text  and loads of colour pics.  Already read the first 20 pages when actually I should have been in front of the PC  WFH.

The book starts with the history of the area and never really thought about it before but Middlesex doesn't exist  officially . Funnily enough I was asked recently  what county is Fulham in and I said Middlesex.

Would highly recommend this book to all FFC fans

Middlesex doesn't exist? Just because Middlesex County Council doesn't exist doesn't mean that the county doesn't. If it doesn't I assume my address doesn't exist.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

As a former resident of Greenford Middlesex I must sadly say that the necessity  to quote counties on letter has long since passed with the use of post codes. I speak as a resident of Epsom Surrey. Middlesex has its part in history and I beIieve that the tv astrologer Russell Grant was a long time promoter and president of the Middlesex Preservation Society.
Enough of history and I have already told my children that this book is on my Christmas list!

bill taylors apprentice

I'm looking forward to receiving my copy.   ::scarf::

SG

Can't wait. It's my Christmas present to myself. Beats socks any day of the week

cmg

Usual Ashwater excellent presentation full of interesting factual detail accompanied by a fine collection of photos.
By no means limited to ground history, covers several aspects of FFC history.

filham

What is the full title of the book,also another recent book I would like to get is about the MAF years ,what is that called. Are these books available from the club shop.

I live in Shepperton in the county of Middlesex and always make a point of it when giving my postal address. Shepperton , Sunbury, Staines and Ashford are all in the borough of Spelthorne which is controlled by Surrey but we feel that we are treated as second class Surrey citizens and that Surrey proper is only south of the Thames.

Brentford remains the county town of Middlesex.