watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Upgrading ticket

Started by Southcoastffc, October 01, 2023, 09:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

I'm a concessionary (old!) STH and can't make the Sheffield game. I want to let my son's friend use my seat - does anyone know how I go about upgrading it to an adult ticket for the one game please?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

sarnian

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 01, 2023, 09:02:11 AMI'm a concessionary (old!) STH and can't make the Sheffield game. I want to let my son's friend use my seat - does anyone know how I go about upgrading it to an adult ticket for the one game please?

Just get him to scan your ticket as normal when going through the turnstile. Your season ticket is never manually checked to see if you are an OAP.

EricB

I thought they had different coloured lights to indicate the type of ticket you have.

Roberty

Quote from: EricB on October 01, 2023, 10:43:46 AMI thought they had different coloured lights to indicate the type of ticket you have.

They do have a light for the concessions and if the staff behind the gate are awake they might notice and not let him in. I am not sure if there is a punishment for trying to use someone else's ticket too - frequently ?

I used to have a concession ticket in H1 and had the same issue - I think the charge for the upgrade might make you cry - I remember is was most or all of the discount I received on the season ticket. The following season I paid the extra for full adult season ticket - the discount is pitiful anyway - it meant that anyone could use my season ticket and get in without having to borrow Clive Dunn's make-up box.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Southcoastffc

Quote from: EricB on October 01, 2023, 10:43:46 AMI thought they had different coloured lights to indicate the type of ticket you have.
I think that's true.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

flyingfish

Just call ticket office. They take the money and issue a paper ticket.

Hugh Janus

Just get your mate to tell them he/she identifies as an OAP.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: flyingfish on October 01, 2023, 02:30:06 PMJust call ticket office. They take the money and issue a paper ticket.
Thanks - that's the route.   ::wine::

Roberty

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 02, 2023, 11:54:27 AM
Quote from: flyingfish on October 01, 2023, 02:30:06 PMJust call ticket office. They take the money and issue a paper ticket.

As a matter of general interest - can you share the cost of an upgrade with us ?

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Roberty on October 02, 2023, 12:34:57 PM

As a matter of general interest - can you share the cost of an upgrade with us ?
It (unsurprisingly) varies game to game. For the Sheffield game it's £44,for the Man U game I imagine it'd be significantly higher.

Roberty

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 02, 2023, 12:44:58 PM
Quote from: Roberty on October 02, 2023, 12:34:57 PM

It (unsurprisingly) varies game to game. For the Sheffield game it's £44,for the Man U game I imagine it'd be significantly higher.

Wow - a good proportion of the seniors season ticket discount,
I don't think it changes from match to match - you're just upgrading to a different season ticket price band and there's an admin fee built into it too.

If you did want to revert to the Adult ticket next season and have the freedom for anyone to use it - on line the renewal price is set to your DOB and it could not be changed - you just call the ticket office and they will renew it as an adult for you