watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Extra time farce

Started by Nick Bateman, October 03, 2023, 11:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

The new guidelines allowing exorbitant added time to counter time-wasting is a farce, which is why I was against it.

The situation is no different than before, with a mystery official adding whatever time he feels like adding but now 10 or 12 minutes are deemed acceptable because of the claim they are correcting time wasted in the 90 minutes.

But they only added 5 minutes in Fulham V Chelsea. This despite numerous occasions of the goalkeeper time-wasting to the point he picked up a booking. Known cheat Raheem Sterling booted the ball out well after the ref's whistle only to pretend he didn't hear it and was also booked.

Chelsea players were feigning injury, cramp, slow to take free kicks, and there were plenty of substitutions. Yet only 5 minutes which was extended to 7 when a Chelsea diver stayed down for 3 minutes and limped off the long route.

This new added time malarky is a joke, used to help the so-called big teams turn over matches when they need to score, but the rest of us get 5 or less minutes when the authorities want the other side to win.

Why trust an already proven corrupt administration with more powers to cheat and change results in their favour?
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

filham

OK Nick what is your cure for time wasting No doubt it it spoiling out entertainment, it is there in front of our eyes and is on the increase.

Lighthouse

Well not a cure but a start would be a clock for all to see that allows the fans paying the huge ticket prices to see when the clock is stopped and how much time is added. At the moment it is up to a referee who is inconsistent and biased. At least if we and the teams saw the clock stopping they would know what and how to react.

But once again the rule, like the changes to offside only works if it is consistent. We see already that refs and VAR are hopelessly inadequate at making consistent decisions.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Nick Bateman on October 03, 2023, 11:16:07 AMThe new guidelines allowing exorbitant added time to counter time-wasting is a farce, which is why I was against it.

The situation is no different than before, with a mystery official adding whatever time he feels like adding but now 10 or 12 minutes are deemed acceptable because of the claim they are correcting time wasted in the 90 minutes.

But they only added 5 minutes in Fulham V Chelsea. This despite numerous occasions of the goalkeeper time-wasting to the point he picked up a booking. Known cheat Raheem Sterling booted the ball out well after the ref's whistle only to pretend he didn't hear it and was also booked.

Chelsea players were feigning injury, cramp, slow to take free kicks, and there were plenty of substitutions. Yet only 5 minutes which was extended to 7 when a Chelsea diver stayed down for 3 minutes and limped off the long route.

This new added time malarky is a joke, used to help the so-called big teams turn over matches when they need to score, but the rest of us get 5 or less minutes when the authorities want the other side to win.

Why trust an already proven corrupt administration with more powers to cheat and change results in their favour?

I take your point but Fulham with Ream and Diop passing backwards and forwards to each other all game we're just as bad, especially in the last 20 minutes was wasting even more time, and Fulham were losing, you couldn't make it up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

perry geyton

We weren't scoring either way so was best to get it over and done with

Nick Bateman

Quote from: filham on October 03, 2023, 12:41:54 PMOK Nick what is your cure for time wasting No doubt it it spoiling out entertainment, it is there in front of our eyes and is on the increase.

I think Lighthouse just stated the solution. A visible clock that all the fans at the match can see. They use that in rugby successfully but in football they are so dishonest they hate openess, allowing fans to hear what the refs are saying, not showing what VAR are looking at, even when the process takes 5 minutes.

And then we get Sky liars telling the public that everything is difficult but above board, until one of their favourite teams has an error then they scream blue murder! No such storm when City, Brentford and Arsenal cheated Fulham.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Watford_fc

Seems to be FIFA don't want open and public conversation..

Wonder why ?

Londonfranky

In all honesty we could have played for another hour and still not scored

YankeeJim

Put clocks around the park that are easily visible. Give control to the ref and everytime someone collapses in agony, shut the clock off. If someone is standing over a dead ball, either keeper or player, shut it off. That and when a player clutches his knee and withers on the ground, stop the clock and take the player to hospital. If the doctors find nothing, the player pays the bill for the abulance ride and the ER. They can afford it.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

hovewhite

Couldn't finish soon enough for me.

blingo

The clock works with footsal so why not?

Huxley

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 03, 2023, 05:36:17 PMPut clocks around the park that are easily visible. Give control to the ref and everytime someone collapses in agony, shut the clock off. If someone is standing over a dead ball, either keeper or player, shut it off. That and when a player clutches his knee and withers on the ground, stop the clock and take the player to hospital. If the doctors find nothing, the player pays the bill for the abulance ride and the ER. They can afford it.

Works in rugby

jarv

Time wasting.  A few more bookings will sort it. After a few players have received 2 yellows the players will learn very quickly they cant do it any more.