watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR-Cricket world cup

Started by Thailand Mick, October 05, 2023, 07:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thailand Mick

so the action starts this morning with England vs New Zealand as the opening game, a tough one for both sides to start so good luck to the England team.I would love to see them retain the trophy but if they are unsuccessful I hope New Zealand win it.

kiwian

Quote from: Thailand Mick on October 05, 2023, 07:21:05 AMso the action starts this morning with England vs New Zealand as the opening game, a tough one for both sides to start so good luck to the England team.I would love to see them retain the trophy but if they are unsuccessful I hope New Zealand win it.
Thanks!
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Thailand Mick

Quote from: kiwian on October 05, 2023, 08:08:43 AM
Quote from: Thailand Mick on October 05, 2023, 07:21:05 AMso the action starts this morning with England vs New Zealand as the opening game, a tough one for both sides to start so good luck to the England team.I would love to see them retain the trophy but if they are unsuccessful I hope New Zealand win it.
Thanks!

you guys deserve to win it and always play in the best spirit of the game. Lets hope for another England, New Zealand final. I feel that England's preparations for this tournament have not been great but its a long tournament so we will see how it pans out.

Surlyc

Agree with this. Should be an interesting tournament on Indian wickets, but my preference is definitely for England and if not, New Zealand. Third choice would be ABA - anyone but Australia!

Thailand Mick

England 135-4 after 25 over, not finding it easy to score swiftly on this pitch although everyone said its a good wicket. David Malan is a very good player but his short innings was a disaster with 17 dot balls mainly against one bowler, I couldn't understand why he just didn't drop the bat on the ball and take singles and allow Bairstow the strike who hit eleven off the first over.They say that India is a cricket loving nation and yet first day of a world cup with two heavy weight sides and the ground is empty, it looks like about 4% capacity.

Somerset Fulham

Shaping up to be a good game, this.

Shame about the crowd though, but I guess that will ramp up as the competition does.

alfie

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 05, 2023, 11:52:53 AMShaping up to be a good game, this.

Shame about the crowd though, but I guess that will ramp up as the competition does.
That stadium holds 110,000, so with 50,000 it is half empty, with them spread out it doesn't look good, and it's a work day, you can see it filling up as the match goes on.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lester Burnham

We're taking a hellova beating ATM.

Somerset Fulham

Yep.  That has been one hell of a kicking.

Thailand Mick

Well done to New Zealand they absolutely battered us and my fears of being ill prepared came to fruition. Don't know how they thought they could turn up a few days before the start have one warm up game washed out and another rain affected and be ready. New Zealand have been playing a series against Bangladesh and Australia have been playing against India I believe. I hope it wasn't arrogance.

Lester Burnham

Quote from: Thailand Mick on October 05, 2023, 04:49:15 PMWell done to New Zealand they absolutely battered us and my fears of being ill prepared came to fruition. Don't know how they thought they could turn up a few days before the start have one warm up game washed out and another rain affected and be ready. New Zealand have been playing a series against Bangladesh and Australia have been playing against India I believe. I hope it wasn't arrogance.
Enjoy your posts Mick, but there was nothing arrogant about this loss. I don't believe we were 'ill prepared'. We simply took a beating.

deadcowboys

Quote from: alfie on October 05, 2023, 12:25:56 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 05, 2023, 11:52:53 AMShaping up to be a good game, this.

That stadium holds 110,000, so with 50,000 it is half empty, with them spread out it doesn't look good, and it's a work day, you can see it filling up as the match goes on.

Think you'll find the capacity is 132,000 & they supposedly sold 45,000 tickets.

kiwian

Quote from: Thailand Mick on October 05, 2023, 04:49:15 PMWell done to New Zealand they absolutely battered us and my fears of being ill prepared came to fruition. Don't know how they thought they could turn up a few days before the start have one warm up game washed out and another rain affected and be ready. New Zealand have been playing a series against Bangladesh and Australia have been playing against India I believe. I hope it wasn't arrogance.
Rapt with the result (naturally). All the damage done by an Indian and a South African!

Thailand Mick

Quote from: Lester Burnham on October 05, 2023, 11:57:02 PM
Enjoy your posts Mick, but there was nothing arrogant about this loss. I don't believe we were 'ill prepared'. We simply took a beating.
thanks mate, I didn't mean arrogance during the game we always give New Zealand our full respect but we have had so little preparation on Asian wickets before the tournament had started and that's where my arrogant comment was about. I know a couple of our players play in the IPL but most of them don't ,as I said before its a long tournament so I hope we can improve quickly.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: kiwian on October 06, 2023, 04:02:29 AM
Rapt with the result (naturally). All the damage done by an Indian and a South African!
didnt see who was given MOM but for me was Matt Henry ,he set the tone tying up David Malan early in the innings,showed England pace bowlers where to bowl .

kiwian

Quote from: Thailand Mick on October 06, 2023, 06:09:45 AM
Quote from: kiwian on October 06, 2023, 04:02:29 AM
didnt see who was given MOM but for me was Matt Henry ,he set the tone tying up David Malan early in the innings,showed England pace bowlers where to bowl .
Ravindra

alfie

Quote from: deadcowboys on October 06, 2023, 01:23:20 AM
Quote from: alfie on October 05, 2023, 12:25:56 PM

Think you'll find the capacity is 132,000 & they supposedly sold 45,000 tickets.
Sorry just said what the commentator said.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Thailand Mick

Oh dear footballs not the only sport that the officials make mistakes. Apparently in the game between Netherlands and Pakistan they only bowled five deliveries in the 14th over, I guess when that same bowler returns he will be asked to bowl seven deliveries in his next over.

Thailand Mick

so from what ive been reading is that the general consensus is that the conditions change quite a bit thoughout the day and that its easier to bat second, there are the Aussies bless them they win the toss and choose to bat first.they are currently 140-7 with 14 overs left. update 199 all out with 3 ball left of innings.

Thailand Mick

So a good win for England yesterday which has helped put our run rate back in positive.AT one stage I thought we would pass 400 but Bangladesh are no mugs in the one day game and will cause problems for a lot of teams. Still the grounds are half empty and the outfield yesterday was worse than a sunday league pitch,Sunil Gavasker has said it is the worst world cup so far hes not happy.