watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brighton Away 29th Oct - Train Issues

Started by howitis, October 06, 2023, 11:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

Has anyone worked out a clever way to get to Amex by public transport on 29th October ? It would appear that there are no trains that day. All stop to Three Bridges and then it's a replacement bus but makes the journey ridiculously long.

Could drive but would like a couple of ales.

South Coast White

Quote from: howitis on October 06, 2023, 11:40:28 AMHas anyone worked out a clever way to get to Amex by public transport on 29th October ? It would appear that there are no trains that day. All stop to Three Bridges and then it's a replacement bus but makes the journey ridiculously long.

Also no trains from Brighton to Stadium station (Falmer) all due to engineering works. Bars in Brighton also don't open till 12 midday.

HillingdonFFC

Going on the Saturday but there's rail replacement buses on the Sunday, only an extra hour or so. Find a spoons that opens early

Shredhead

Having endured this (in the opposite direction) for many seasons my advice is to use the rail replacement service and allow more time. Its normally quite efficient with direct buses from 3 Bridges to Brighton, dropping you at the back of the station.
The alternative rail option to Brighton is via Horsham and Hove which is bloody long.

Or you could get the bus replacement to Lewes, drink there and train to Falmer. This is usually quicker to get away from the Amex as well.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Whitestone

Quote from: South Coast White on October 06, 2023, 01:07:33 PM
Quote from: howitis on October 06, 2023, 11:40:28 AMHas anyone worked out a clever way to get to Amex by public transport on 29th October ? It would appear that there are no trains that day. All stop to Three Bridges and then it's a replacement bus but makes the journey ridiculously long.

Also no trains from Brighton to Stadium station (Falmer) all due to engineering works. Bars in Brighton also don't open till 12 midday.

Trains are showing as normal between Brighton and Falmer. As far as I can see the issue is between Three Bridges and Brighton.

HillingdonFFC

There are trains back but they go around the houses a bit. Around 2hrs+ but no having to get a bus to three bridges

Ashington White

Quote from: Whitestone on October 06, 2023, 04:14:33 PM
Quote from: South Coast White on October 06, 2023, 01:07:33 PM

Trains are showing as normal between Brighton and Falmer. As far as I can see the issue is between Three Bridges and Brighton.

Hope there's trains from Brighton to Falmer - I'm coming from the other direction🫢

hovewhite

Quote from: Shredhead on October 06, 2023, 02:52:32 PMHaving endured this (in the opposite direction) for many seasons my advice is to use the rail replacement service and allow more time. Its normally quite efficient with direct buses from 3 Bridges to Brighton, dropping you at the back of the station.
The alternative rail option to Brighton is via Horsham and Hove which is bloody long.

Or you could get the bus replacement to Lewes, drink there and train to Falmer. This is usually quicker to get away from the Amex as well.
Paid for my ticket and trains running from Newhaven and Brighton when checked on my app yesterday.

Southdowns White

Unfortunately there is a lengthy train detour via Littlehampton if you are going by train. The replacement bus to Brighton is usually okay, but can be overcrowded at times. If I were driving I would drive to somewhere like Shoreham by sea, park in the streets nearby and get the free train (change at Brighton) or bus that comes with your matchday ticket, There are some nice pubs there but the game kicks off at 2.pm so you may like to get into Brighton early as there are pubs that open early there. I normally go to Lewes as there are plenty of nice pubs but will give it a miss this year and go to Brighton for a couple. Shredhead or Hove White might like to pick one to meet in.

Dodger53

I live near Southdown white in Steyning and nearer the time I am sure we along with Hove White and shredhead can give some good advice.
In the half moon

hovewhite

Quote from: Dodger53 on October 07, 2023, 02:06:15 PMI live near Southdown white in Steyning and nearer the time I am sure we along with Hove White and shredhead can give some good advice.
In the half moon
will check in on the day gents a pleasure

Shredhead

Shredhead

The best pub for real ale near Brighton Station is the Evening Star - former home of Dark Star brewery.
https://www.eveningstarpub.co.uk/

It opens at noon on Sundays.

Other good pubs around the station are the Battle of Trafalgar (Guildford Rd), the Prince Albert and Lord Nelson (both Trafalgar St - the latter is a Harvey's pub). The North Laine area south east of the station has several good hostelries and is full of quirky shops and hundreds of cafes.

hovewhite

Quote from: hovewhite on October 07, 2023, 08:28:56 AM
Quote from: Shredhead on October 06, 2023, 02:52:32 PMHaving endured this (in the opposite direction) for many seasons my advice is to use the rail replacement service and allow more time. Its normally quite efficient with direct buses from 3 Bridges to Brighton, dropping you at the back of the station.

Paid for my ticket and trains running from Newhaven and Brighton when checked on my app yesterday.
checked again and still trains running for the shortest away trip of the season.

Shredhead

Here's the link to travel advice for the Amex including the map of the free matchday travel scheme (as far as Worthing in the west, Tunbridge Wells in NE and Eastbourne in the east) included in your ticket.
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/club/stadiums/the-amex-stadium/transport

Just to remind everyone,  queues for trains to Brighton after the game are horrendous and don't leave it late getting to Brighton Station if you're getting to the ground using that mode of transport.

ffc73

I'm driving to Lewes & catching train from there.

Allegedly trains are running to Falmer from Lewes. Going to re-check later in the week, just in case.

hovewhite

Still trains ok from Newhaven to falmer think a may have a pre-match beer railway club Newhaven then the amex.

hovewhite

Pub wise The royal standard has reopened,the Evening star,the Witherspoon's west st is the designated away pub.
Lewes is full of drinking stops.