watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

comparison result chart

Started by Thailand Mick, October 09, 2023, 06:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

We are minus 9 points vs this time last season. We'd got 35 points having played 23 games. We had also scored 4 more goals and conceded 8 fewer. We'd won three more games and lost 3 fewer.

https://www.worldfootball.net/schedule/eng-premier-league-2022-2023-spieltag/23/

Jim©

MJG on twiiter posted a chart showing how well Burnley and Sheff Utd will have to perform to reach 36 points- european form for both of them (7th and 5th place form respectively).

Luton are the ones on a surge, which is unlikely to last forever, but Everton, Forest and Brentford will be worried. We need form of 18th place to get to 36 points BTW.

I never quite understand the comparative results table as it fluctuates as form rises and dips for us and opposition (along with incomings/outgoings/injuries/suspensions/refereeing decisions etc).

FulhamKC

Quote from: Jim© on February 06, 2024, 12:44:19 PMMJG on twiiter posted a chart showing how well Burnley and Sheff Utd will have to perform to reach 36 points- european form for both of them (7th and 5th place form respectively).

Luton are the ones on a surge, which is unlikely to last forever, but Everton, Forest and Brentford will be worried. We need form of 18th place to get to 36 points BTW.

I never quite understand the comparative results table as it fluctuates as form rises and dips for us and opposition (along with incomings/outgoings/injuries/suspensions/refereeing decisions etc).

Has MJG quit FOF? Haven't seen him post on here for quite a while.

Thailand Mick

I think we are in for a bumpy ride we have lots of difficult(on paper) home games to come, Luton have 9 home games and have to play many of the teams around them including us. Everton, Forest also seem to have more favorable home games.

Woolly Mammoth

We have to become more consistent very quickly.
Scoring goals obviously helps because they change games.
Whilst we fail to score it puts more pressure on the defence not to concede.
 That is why i find it difficult to understand why the club failed to replace Mitro when it was clear he was determined to jump ship.
Nevertheless this is where we are at.
Every game from now on is a Cup Final.
There is also room for improvement on match days with game management.

Injuries and International duties take players away, but more or less every team has that issue and Fulhams responsibility is to deal with that.
With vision and foresight, because you never know from one week to the next who will get injured or be ill.

I feel lines of communication within the club from the Top to the sharp end on the front line must also be improved.

As i keep banging on about, " the next game is the most important" look no further, it is naive and foolhardy to think otherwise.

With
Fulham no game can be for-cast, in fact no game can be forecast correctly whoever is playing.
It is a competition every week and players, all players must bust a gut, roll their sleeves up and sweat blood with fire in their bellies and hearts the size of a football.
 I don't see enough of that often enough.
Blimey they get paid enough.

I find  too often it is embarrassing watching the Premier League, with players cheating at all opportunities, diving, pretending to be injured, holding their face when there has been no contact. Trying to get opponents booked and sent off, arguing the toss with referees at every free kick.
They are all a bunch of woosies because they have no shame, because they are spoilt rotten.
They are  far too wealthy for their own good, they don't know what to spend their money on next, as their is no space on their pathetic bodies to put another tattoo.
The loyal supporters pay for that with inflated prices, and yet the ablutions  and toilet facilities
at the Hammy end are from the Boar War.
The last time i went into a cubicle at the ground a Japanese prisoner of war fell out.
I have seen better facilities at a Swamp in North Africa.
I remember when men were men playing the game and women loved them for it.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jim©

We need 10 points from 15 games. That's worse than the sort of form we saw when we were relegated twice, so we should be 'capable' of that and likely will outperform that a bit.
And no, I've not seen MJG on here for a while, which is a shame as I used to enjoy his stats posts.

filham

Table suggests we won at Burnley last season, we haven't won there since 1951.

Somerset Fulham

MJG is fine and dandy and often to be seen on Twitter.  Recently moved to Ireland so I would guess he is just a little busy enjoying his new life at the moment.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: filham on February 07, 2024, 09:47:27 AMTable suggests we won at Burnley last season, we haven't won there since 1951.

we took maximum points 18 against the three relegated teams so that is where this comparison comes from.

Twig

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 07, 2024, 09:51:56 AMMJG is fine and dandy and often to be seen on Twitter.  Recently moved to Ireland so I would guess he is just a little busy enjoying his new life at the moment.

Glad to hear all is well with him, I don't do Twitter so I don't hear anything from that source. I do miss him on here though, his contributions were always interesting and sensible.

Somerset Fulham

Agreed Twig. A very much missed member of the community.

I did talk to him about it a while ago and whilst he has never ruled out a return (and I am fairly sure that he still reads), he did say that he was just too busy to churn out the levels that he used to.

FFC1987

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 07, 2024, 11:40:11 AMAgreed Twig. A very much missed member of the community.

I did talk to him about it a while ago and whilst he has never ruled out a return (and I am fairly sure that he still reads), he did say that he was just too busy to churn out the levels that he used to.

If he does ever read this or hears it, I think most would agree on the forum, just dropping the odd comment is enough of a contribution. Whilst his in depth analysis pieces were great, I hope he never felt it was a compulsory component of why people appreciated his insight and want him here. I follow him on twitter, hes very active still and would add a lot to the forum in any capacity.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 07, 2024, 11:45:47 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 07, 2024, 11:40:11 AMAgreed Twig. A very much missed member of the community.

If he does ever read this or hears it, I think most would agree on the forum, just dropping the odd comment is enough of a contribution. Whilst his in depth analysis pieces were great, I hope he never felt it was a compulsory component of why people appreciated his insight and want him here. I follow him on twitter, hes very active still and would add a lot to the forum in any capacity.

100% mate.  ::thumb::

HV71

Would love to see him back on here. I don't do ( anti) social media . Miss his analysis but also his measured opinion.

Thailand Mick

Updated chart at the top of page one 17/03/24
we have now won more home games than last season and are just one point shy of our total with four games remaining.
Away we have 5 winnable games but are thirteen points shy of our total last season.
We are currently -3 points compared to the corresponding fixtures already played.

ffcne

Quote from: Thailand Mick on March 17, 2024, 05:30:08 AMUpdated chart at the top of page one 17/03/24
we have now won more home games than last season and are just one point shy of our total with four games remaining.
Away we have 5 winnable games but are thirteen points shy of our total last season.
We are currently -3 points compared to the corresponding fixtures already played.

Whats the difference in points total with 29 games played last season .Thanks.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: ffcne on March 17, 2024, 11:28:55 AM
Quote from: Thailand Mick on March 17, 2024, 05:30:08 AMUpdated chart at the top of page one 17/03/24
I believe we had 39 points last season,1 more than this season.

ffcne

Quote from: Thailand Mick on March 17, 2024, 11:41:08 AM

Nice One. Injuuries ,Afcon ,lack of goalscoring striker ,League cup run
probably explains some bad form. But last couple of months been on top form.
Deserved at least a couple of draws against Villa and Wolves.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: ffcne on March 17, 2024, 11:45:30 AM
Quote from: Thailand Mick on March 17, 2024, 11:41:08 AM

Nice One. Injuuries ,Afcon ,lack of goalscoring striker ,League cup run
probably explains some bad form. But last couple of months been on top form.
Deserved at least a couple of draws against Villa and Wolves.
Agreed ,the villa and Wolves games were due to us not taking chances. We were robbed of a point against Liverpool and in the Brentford game by the referees but my only disappointment has been the Burnley results which could be the difference of us getting European football.

Johnh

So if we match last seasons points in the remaining games this season we will get 10 more points and finish on 48 points. Hope we get an extra win or two to put us into the plus 50's