Man Utd           0   0  0     0  3  3  +3
Newcastle         0   0  0     0  0  0    0
Nottingham      3   3  6     3  0  3   -3
Sheffield utd     3   3  6     3  1  4   -2
Tottenham        0   0  0     3  0  3  +3
West Ham         0   0  0     3  3  6  +6
Wolves              1   1  2     3  0  3  +1
TOTAL  PTS      29 23 52  29 14 43 -6

This is a comparison table of our results from last season compared to this season which I will keep updating. Regarding the teams that were relegated we took maximum points from all three so it doesn't matter who we compare them with regarding promoted teams. As you can see at this stage we are -6 points compared to last season .

ffcthereligion

Ch
Quote from: Thailand Mick on October 09, 2023, 06:30:21 AM22-23      23-24
club                 H  A  T    H  A  T  compare
Arsenal            0   0  0         1  1  +1
Aston Villa       3   0  3
Bournemouth  1   0  1
Brentford         3   0  3     0     0   -3
Brighton          3   3  6     
Burnley            3   3  6
Chelsea            3   1  4     0    0   -3
Crystal Palace  1   3  4        1  1   -2
Everton            1   3  4        3  3    0
Liverpool         1   0  1
Luton               3  3  6      3     3    0
Man City          0  0  0         0        0
Man Utd          0  0  0
Newcastle        0  0  0
Nottingham     3  3  6
Sheffield utd    3  3  6      3     3    0
Tottenham       0  0  0
West Ham        0  0  0
Wolves             1  1  2
TOTAL  PTS    29 23 52     6  5  11  -7

This is a comparison table of our results from last season compared to this season which I will keep updating. Regarding the teams that were relegated we took maximum points from all three so it doesn't matter who we compare them with regarding promoted teams. As you can see at this stage we are -7 points compared to last season but we will be hoping to claw those points back against teams we faired disappointingly against last year.

Cheers mate this is a useful table

BestOfBrede

Interesting but not really comparable.
Different team for us but also the opposition.

Still nice to know as we go, though.

Steeeeeeeeeed

hovewhite

Thailand Mick

Quote from: hovewhite on October 10, 2023, 06:07:38 AM-7 already?
Hopefully we will gain points,against teams like Bournemouth and Wolves who we only got 1 and 2 points, also some points against the teams that did the double over us.

StuinSalop

The Brentford game was messed up for 45 mins with 10 players, no way a sending off so can't compare.

The Chelsea game they had 10 men for over half the game last season and this season they played well, again, can't compare.  That's 6 of the 7 points gone.

It's a good exercise but not one to pin much against, we will get games when we get the breaks so the above will hopefully even themselves out.

KentFulham

It is a pretty good lens on it really. We can dig into each performance and say "It does not count because he got sent off etc" but the table takes the ups and downs of last year, and this season will have similar.

filham

Hard to find any reason to think that we are going to do better than last season until we unearth a goal scoring striker.

Snibbo

Quote from: filham on October 10, 2023, 12:20:03 PMHard to find any reason to think that we are going to do better than last season until we unearth a goal scoring striker.
Well .... Mitro was missing for a good chunk of last season, and seemingly had an injured foot for a while too. So we achieved a fair bit without / despite him

filham

Quote from: Snibbo on October 10, 2023, 12:28:32 PM
Quote from: filham on October 10, 2023, 12:20:03 PMHard to find any reason to think that we are going to do better than last season until we unearth a goal scoring striker.
Well .... Mitro was missing for a good chunk of last season, and seemingly had an injured foot for a while too. So we achieved a fair bit without / despite him
I think Mitro managed 12 goals and a lot of good work as a target man, no sign of anyone making that level of contribution at the moment.

Jim©

After 10 games last season we had 12 points, and I think we all agreed it was a excellent start.
That's the only comparable for me, as results against certain teams will fluctuate a lot.
So same points at same point and we're yet to play well. All seems fine to me.

Benny

I remember the Prem seasons where we would of been lucky to get 6 points away from home in the whole season, let alone after 10 games.....

Free Elvis Hammond

Quote from: Jim© on October 30, 2023, 08:06:50 AMAfter 10 games last season we had 12 points, and I think we all agreed it was a excellent start.
That's the only comparable for me, as results against certain teams will fluctuate a lot.
So same points at same point and we're yet to play well. All seems fine to me.

I'm really surprised to read this! In my head we were giddy all season, but looking back games 9 and 10 were the Newcastle/Chalobah and West Ham/Kavanagh debacles

Thailand Mick

hovewhite

Quote from: filham on October 10, 2023, 03:40:01 PM
Quote from: Snibbo on October 10, 2023, 12:28:32 PM
I think Mitro managed 12 goals and a lot of good work as a target man, no sign of anyone making that level of contribution at the moment.
I wish.

StuinSalop

Quote from: StuinSalop on October 10, 2023, 09:12:15 AMThe Brentford game was messed up for 45 mins with 10 players, no way a sending off so can't compare.

The Chelsea game they had 10 men for over half the game last season and this season they played well, again, can't compare.  That's 6 of the 7 points gone.

It's a good exercise but not one to pin much against, we will get games when we get the breaks so the above will hopefully even themselves out.

Plus Chelsea were looking good and had their best player sent off.  That could reduce difference by 3 and Palace had 2 players sent off...6 points and Brentford game Ream off penalty, could have easily drawn that 7 points. 

Luka

If we are -7 points at the half way stage that suggests -14 yoy come the season end.

That run rate gives us a 38 points total which is relegation territory.

Thailand Mick

ffcthereligion

Quote from: hovewhite on October 10, 2023, 06:07:38 AM-7 already?

Interesting that we are exactly on course from where we were when you posted this