watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BOBBY CHARLTON RIP

Started by South Coast White, October 21, 2023, 04:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

Very sad news indeed,when the word Legend is used today we often doubt the title, Bobby was without a question a TRUE LEGEND in English football history.

Barrett487

Only Sir Geoff left now, from the team who played.

RIP Sir Bobby

HV71

Lucky enough to see him play live a few times. An amazing player and an amazing man by all accounts. A real legend of the game . RIP and condolences to his family

colcliff

Worked with Bobby a few times a true gent, and a great ambassador for football
Thoughts are with his family at this sad time

Colton F.C.

As well as Geoff Hurst, from the squad we still have Terry Paine, Ian Callaghan and George Eastham.

bill dando

Quote (I can't remember who)"while trekking high in the mountains I came across a hermit who reached into his pocket and pulled out a bottle of hard liquor took a swig and the only English he spoke was "Bobby Charlton number one" !
made in essex

filham

Bobby Charlton was a great player and a pure gentleman.
I can't remember ever hearing or reading a bad word against him.
Oh and with world football at his feet he stayed loyal to Man.U.

Ludlow Richard

Just by way of stats. Charlton played 20 times against Fulham for Manchester United. His first two games against us were the FA Cup semi final and semi final replay. The first game was a 2-2 draw in which Charlton scored both the United goals, with the replay ending 5-3 to United and Charlton scored one of United's five.

In all he scored 10 goals against us for United. And in the 20 Fulham v United games in which he played he was on the losing side just three times.

He may also have played against us for Preston North End in the 1973/74 season but I haven't been able to confirm this.