Luton
Chelsea   
2-2
   Arsenal
SHeff Utd   
   1-2   
   Man Utd

WhiteJC

Boost for Spurs as Ange confirms player is fine to play against Fulham despite traumatic week
Tottenham manager Ange Postecoglou has confirmed that Dejan Kulusevski is ready to be involved in the upcoming game against Fulham, despite the harrowing experience he and the Swedish national team endured during a recent Euro 2024 qualifier in Brussels.

Kulusevski was among the players and fans present at the stadium in Brussels when a terror attack unfolded this week.

The qualifier between Sweden and Belgium had to be abandoned due to the tragic events that unfolded in the Belgian capital.

Hours before kick-off, two traveling supporters were tragically killed in a terror attack.

Players and fans were forced to stay inside the stadium for nearly two hours while authorities apprehended the ISIS gunman responsible for the attack.

Both teams, in a display of unity and solidarity, decided not to return to the field after half-time and the match was abandoned.

UEFA later confirmed that the game would not be replayed, with the score standing as the final result.

Ange Postecoglou had a conversation with Dejan Kulusevski upon his return to Tottenham and confirmed that the player is in the right frame of mind to face Fulham.

The manager stated (via Daily Mail):

"He's fine. I had a chat with him. Like everyone else, we shake our heads at these things. We go to a football game, and these things happen. It's sad, confronting how close it comes to your own world, but Decky is fine. He's back, trained yesterday (Thursday) with the team, and is ready to go."

An incident like this can definitely be traumatic for players.

Fortunately there were not a lot of casualties and the fans and players inside the stadium were unharmed.

https://theboyhotspur.com/boost-for-spurs-as-ange-confirms-player-is-fine-to-play-against-fulham-despite-traumatic-week/

WhiteJC

Kasami's Wonder Strike: 10 Years On

10 years ago today, the world witnessed arguably the greatest goal to have ever been scored in the Premier League.

It was a key match on Sky Sports' Monday Night Football show. Fulham had won just twice in the league all season, Crystal Palace only once.

Martin Jol's side came from behind to secure a comfortable 4-1 win. While that proved a false dawn, with the team relegated at the end of the season, Pajtim Kasami's equaliser that night forged itself into our – and Premier League – history, forever.

To celebrate the most impossible of goals, we spoke to the man himself and his fellow scorers on the night – Steve Sidwell, Dimitar Berbatov, and Philippe Senderos – to relive a famous evening at Selhurst Park.

Pajtim Kasami: "I saw Sascha Riether had the ball and I saw the space which the coach always told me to attack if the full-back had the ball. I attacked the space, he chipped the ball perfectly, I took it on my chest and then on my right foot, and unbelievably it went directly in the top corner on the left side. It was just instinct. You don't even have seconds to think about it, you just instantly think what's the best thing to do. It's only after the game when you see it that you realise what a goal it was."

Steve Sidwell: "I can't tell you how hard that is to do. The ball is in the channel, he's running full tilt, and he just pops it off his chest in one motion and, with his weaker foot, puts his right chucker on it and whips it in the top bin. It's phenomenal, I can't tell you how hard that is to do. What a goal. Just, wow."

Philippe Senderos: "10 years, bloody hell... I was quite far back, but I had a great angle of it from behind. It was impressive. The ball comes up to him, he takes it on his chest while he's running, and just hits across it. It was an unbelievable goal. It's definitely one of the best I've seen. It was really, really incredible, the way he took it on, without the ball falling to the ground. That was amazing. Great technique. I think I was one of the first ones to go to him and celebrate, because Pajtim being Swiss and in London by himself, we used to be very close. He was like my little brother, he used to be at my home quite a lot, so I was really pleased for him."

Dimitar Berbatov: "That was an unbelievable goal. Sascha Riether gave him the ball, but the pass was s***. The pass is going to no man's land, so I'm just jogging and thinking, 'I've not got anything to run for because he's not going to do anything with the ball.' And then he controls it – and I'm still not thinking he's going to do anything special – and he shoots right away. Then I'm like, 'f***, it's going in!' I was clapping that goal inside, because that was something special."

Kasami: "I think it was a good ball! I was running at it from behind Berba, so that's why he was saying it was a s*** ball probably, because he didn't see me coming from the back. The Gaffer always wanted me to attack there in order to make space for Berba, by taking players away. So, yeah, I thought the ball was perfect. It was a nice chip into space. When you hit a shot, you know if you hit it well. It was like a masterpiece – the ball that was played, the way I controlled it, and the way I hit it. I think all these three elements were perfect."

Such was the calibre of Kasami's strike, the other goals from that game go somewhat unmentioned – namely Sidwell's plum volley, and Senderos' scissor kick. But those boys were happy to be overshadowed by their teammate.

Sidwell: "I'm not one for that, as everyone who knows me knows. I'd rather us win and me not score. It's all about the team. Do or die, by hook or by crook, I just want three points. But watching that Kasami goal, when he put that in, I've not seen a better goal live. At all. Ever. That's the best goal I've ever seen."

Senderos: "The goals in that game were a joke, the first two were unbelievable. I had an interview with talkSPORT a while ago, and they asked me what was the best goal I scored, and I mentioned that one. Nobody remembered it! Not even Darren Bent, who played in that game. Everyone remembers the first two. I don't mind – I scored at a World Cup, so I don't mind!"

Kasami: "Sidders' was an amazing goal, to be honest. The way he hit it... In that game it felt like everyone who had a shot on target scored a goal! Also, the goal of Philippe's was amazing. I remember that quite well in the second half. I think people will talk for years about that game, for my goal and the other two goals. I think it will remain with the Fulham fans forever."

Remarkably, Kasami's did not even win Match of the Day's Goal of the Month competition, despite eventual winner Jack Wilshere's real-time tweet.

Kasami: "It doesn't really bother me. At least he admitted it! I think the goal that Arsenal scored is more collective. At least I was nominated for the Puskás Award, which made me very proud."

The FIFA Puskás award – named after legendary Real Madrid and Hungary striker Ferenc Puskás – is given to the player who scored the most aesthetically significant or beautiful goal, regardless of gender, championship, or nationality.

As he referenced, Kasami made the 2014 shortlist, but was beaten by James Rodriguez's turn and volley for Colombia at the World Cup. The two were teammates at Olympiakos during the 2022/23 season, with Kasami wasting no time in raising the subject.

Kasami: "I told him, 'by the way, my goal was better than yours.' And he agreed! We were talking about the goal and he was like, 'your goal is much more difficult to score than mine, but it was a World Cup moment and, you know, it's different.' It's a different goal in a different scenario. But that was nice to hear from a quality player. He told me he wouldn't be able to score a goal like this."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/october/21/kasamis-wonder-strike-10-years-on/

WhiteJC

Ange calls up 18-year-old midfielder who's a 'clinical finisher' to Tottenham training
Tottenham Hotspur boss Ange Postecoglou has been putting his players through their paces ahead of their return to Premier League action.

Spurs, who topped the Premier League table during the international break. resume their campaign when they host Fulham at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Monday night.

On Friday, Tottenham shared photos of their players in training at Hotspur Way. And one of Spurs' top academy talents was also taking part in the session.

The player in question is Ryo Kyerematen. On the Spurs website, there's a picture of the 18-year-old midfielder chasing Bryan Gil on the Hotspur Way pitches.

It is not the first time Kyerematen has been involved with the senior side. In fact, Antonio Conte was working with the teenager when he was just 16 years old.

The midfielder joined Tottenham when he was eight, and has progressed through the ranks, earning promotion to the Under-21s this summer.

In the last two season, Kyerematen registered some impressive statistics at Under-18 level.

In 2022-23, he grabbed five goals and seven assists from 17 outings, and in 2021-22, he managed seven goals and four assists from 27 outings.

And in the 2020-21 season, Kyerematen contributed eight goals and five assists for Tottenham's Under-16s.

'Highly skilful'
Last year, Tottenham youth team expert Superhotspur wrote: "A versatile midfield player who can play as a defensive-midfielder, a central-midfielder and as a CAM, Rio Kyerematen is highly skilful on the ball.

"The player... is very capable of going past players with great skill, and he likes to go on surging and skilful forward runs with the ball from midfield."

Hotspur also wrote that Kyerematen is "tenacious and good at winning the ball in midfield" and also "a clinical finisher with the ball on the edge of the penalty area".

All in all, Kyerematen looks like a top talent, and it's good to see Postecoglou give him some time training with the senior squad. It's testament to his quality and potential.

Hopefully, if all goes well, he could be in line for an EFL loan next season, or maybe even some senior game time with the Lilywhites.

https://tbrfootball.com/ange-calls-up-18-year-old-midfielder-whos-a-clinical-finisher-to-tottenham-training/

WhiteJC

Tottenham's Test: Holding Top Spot Against Visiting Fulham

A North London Clash: Spurs Face Fulham Under the Monday Night Lights

The anticipation reaches fever pitch as North London's pride, Tottenham, welcomes Fulham in what promises to be an electric Premier League encounter.

Battle for Dominance at the Summit
Tottenham, the shining stars of the Premier League this season, stand on the precipice. As they head into Gameweek 9, the threat looms large. The likes of Arsenal, Manchester City, and Liverpool, all hunger for that coveted top spot. However, come Monday night, the path ahead for Ange Postecoglou and his troops will be clear.

Fulham, not to be overshadowed, has made an impressive mark so early in the season. With three wins and two draws from their initial eight forays, the Cottagers are displaying their intent. The richness of quality they bring to the table is undeniable.

Crucial Matchday Details

When and Where?
        Date: Monday 23 October
        Time: 20:00 BST
        Venue: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London
    Officials on the Day
        Referee: Anthony Taylor
        VAR: Paul Tierney

Historical Context: The Head-to-Head
Tottenham and Fulham have had intriguing battles in the past. Over their last five meetings:

Tottenham's Dominance: 3 wins
    Fulham's Lone Victory: 1 win
    Stalemates: 1

Recent Form Analysis
In their latest skirmishes:

Tottenham: WWDWW
    Fulham: WDWLW

Broadcast Details: Don't Miss the Action

For those in the:

UK: Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Ultra HD, Sky Sports Premier League, TalkSport Radio UK, SKY GO Extra
    US: nbcsports.com, SiriusXM FC, NBC Sports App, USA Network, UNIVERSO
    Canada: fuboTV Canada

Team News: Injuries and Returns
For Tottenham, the international break brought mixed news. While Cristian Romero and Son Heung-min have returned from their scares, Bissouma remains sidelined due to suspension. Their ranks see a boost as Rodrigo Bentancur rejoins training, but Alfie Whiteman remains absent.

Fulham's woes are highlighted by the absence of Tosin Adarabioyo. Kenny Tete remains doubtful, while Adama Traore might skip this clash. The goalkeeping helm, however, remains firmly with Bernd Leno.

Predicted Lineups

Tottenham (4-2-3-1): Vicario; Porro, Romero, Van de Ven, Udogie; Sarr, Hojbjerg; Kulusevski, Maddison, Richarlison; Son.
    Fulham (4-3-3): Leno; Castagne, Diop, Ream, Robinson; Iwobi, Palhinha, Pereira; Decordova-Reid, Vinicius, Willian.

Scoreline Prediction
With Tottenham soaring and key players like Son and Maddison oozing confidence, a goal-fest might be on the cards. Fulham will have their work cut out, and taking points from the Tottenham fortress would be a coup.

Final Prediction: Tottenham 2-1 Fulham

https://eplindex.com/98333/tottenhams-test-holding-top-spot-against-visiting-fulham.html

WhiteJC

TEN years on! How Kasami scored his wonder goal

Ten years on from one of THE best Premier League goals, Fulham midfielder and team-mates reflect on how it happened

Ten years ago today, Pajtim Kasami scored one of the Premier League's greatest goals when Fulham travelled to Crystal Palace during the 2013/14 season.

The Swiss midfielder's unbelievable chest and volley set Fulham on their way to a 4-1 win at Selhurst Park in October 2013, and would also be nominated for the FIFA Puskas award.

Several Fulham players from that match, including Kasami, shared their memories of that spectacular strike on the club's official website.

Pajtim Kasami: "I saw Sascha Riether had the ball and I saw the space which the coach always told me to attack if the full-back had the ball. I attacked the space, he chipped the ball perfectly, I took it on my chest and then on my right foot, and unbelievably it went directly in the top corner on the left side.

"It was just instinct. You don't even have seconds to think about it, you just instantly think what's the best thing to do. It's only after the game when you see it that you realise what a goal it was."

Dimitar Berbatov: "That was an unbelievable goal. The pass is going to no man's land, so I'm just jogging and thinking, 'I've not got anything to run for because he's not going to do anything with the ball.' And then he controls it – and I'm still not thinking he's going to do anything special – and he shoots right away.

"Then I'm like, 'f***, it's going in!' I was clapping that goal inside, because that was something special."

Philippe Senderos: "Ten years, bloody hell... I was quite far back, but I had a great angle of it from behind. It was impressive. The ball comes up to him, he takes it on his chest while he's running, and just hits across it. It was an unbelievable goal. It's definitely one of the best I've seen."

Steve Sidwell: "Watching that Kasami goal, when he put that in, I've not seen a better goal live. At all. Ever!"

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3742612

WhiteJC

How Tottenham Hotspur could line up against Fulham
Tottenham Hotspur head coach Ange Postecoglou must cope without the suspended Yves Bissouma for Monday's Premier League London derby with Fulham.

The Mali midfielder was dismissed for two bookable offences in a 1-0 win over Luton Town two weekends ago, firstly making a cynical foul before a needless dive on the stroke of the break.

Bissouma joins long-term injury victims Manor Solomon (knee), Ivan Perisic (knee), Ryan Sessegnon (thigh), Alfie Whiteman (ankle) and Rodrigo Bentancur (knee) on the hosts' absentee list, but the latter is now training with the group again, eight months on from his devastating ACL problem.

With Bissouma out of contention, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg will be given an increasingly rare opportunity to impress from the first whistle, joining Pape Sarr and James Maddison in the Spurs engine room.

Despite already accruing two strikes and five assists this season, Maddison is yet to directly contribute to a goal at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, where September's Premier League Player of the Month Son Heung-min will captain the side.

The South Korea international suffered a slight injury scare during the international break, but Postecoglou has confirmed that he will be fine to line up alongside Richarlison and Dejan Kulusevski, while Brennan Johnson could potentially make his comeback from a hamstring issue as well.

Cristian Romero was another minor casualty of the hiatus with an ankle concern, but the Argentine has been passed fit to join Micky van de Ven, Pedro Porro, Destiny Udogie and Guglielmo Vicario in an unaltered defence.

Tottenham Hotspur possible starting lineup: Vicario; Porro, Romero, Van de Ven, Udogie; Sarr, Hojbjerg; Kulusevski, Maddison, Son; Richarlison

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/spurs/predicted-lineups/how-tottenham-could-line-up-against-fulham_526998.html?newsnow

WhiteJC

Spurs vs Fulham | Boot in both camps | Alan Mullery

Think of players connected with Spurs and Fulham, and there's really only one legend in the frame - Alan Mullery.

Born in Notting Hill, 'Mullers' joined the groundstaff at Craven Cottage in 1957 and having impressed in youth and reserve football, signed professional forms in December, 1958. He made his debut in February, 1959 and helped Fulham gain promotion to the old First Division for the 1959/60 season.

Alan joined us on 14 March, 1964, making his debut a week later against Manchester United. He went on to make 373 appearances for us between 1964-1972, winning the FA Cup in 1967 and then, after being named captain in 1968, lifting the League Cup in 1971 and UEFA Cup in 1972.

That UEFA Cup triumph is one of those famous old Spurs stories - Alan had actually gone back to Fulham on loan for game time as he recovered from a serious injury. Recalled from that spell in April, 1972, he scored huge goals against Milan at the San Siro in the semi-final and then a header in the second leg of the final against Wolves to claim the trophy in his final match in a Spurs shirt - he was chair-lifted for a lap of honour by joyous fans around the Lane on his own.

Alan returned permanently to Craven Cottage in 1972 and it was no less eventful - his goal in an FA Cup tie with Leicester City earned him Match of the Day's Goal of the Season for 1973/74, playing alongside Bobby Moore, he led Fulham to the 1975 FA Cup Final and was named FWA Footballer of the Year. The following year he received an MBE for his services to football.

Capped 35 times by England and a goalscorer at the 1970 World Cup, Alan went on to manage Brighton, Charlton, Palace, QPR, Brighton again, ATM in Malaysia and finally Barnet in 1996. Now 81, he remains a popular matchday host at Spurs and Brighton.

Speaking to us back in 2015 after he'd been elected into the National Football Museum's Hall of Fame, Alan reflected on his big switch across London in 1964...

What do you remember about joining Spurs in 1964?

Alan: "Bill Nicholson came to Fulham and said 'I want to sign you and take you to Tottenham', but I didn't believe him. I was very happy at Fulham, my wife and I lived in a place called Worcester Park, which was only 20 minutes away from Fulham's training ground and it was a big chance to take because the fella who had just finished playing was the great Danny Blanchflower. To come in and take his place in what was basically the double-winning team - with the addition of Jimmy Greaves - was an absolute nightmare, to be fair, and I was very worried about it. But after two or three months I got into the swing of it and it was wonderful to play in front of 60,000 people as well. It was great and I really enjoyed it. I had eight and a half years here and eight of them were fantastic, the other six a bit tough, but I got over that. Now, it's part of my home."

What do you think now when you look back at your days at Spurs?

Alan: "Being a kid born in Notting Hill and being one of the first players to play for England at football, we had a lot of boxers, cricketers - my cousin, John Murray, played for England many times - and I look at that and the achievement of playing here at Spurs, winning the FA Cup against Chelsea in 1967, the League Cup in 1971 and the UEFA Cup in 1972, playing in Europe, travelling all over the world, it was absolutely fantastic. When I look at it, I became an England player, captain of England, captain of Tottenham, won three trophies, played nearly 400 games - it can't get better, can it? That was the highlight of my career, eight and a half years at Spurs. I still come here every home game and love it."

We have to remember, it wasn't all about Spurs though - you made your name as a teenager at Fulham and then went back in 1972 and led them to the FA Cup Final in 1975.

Alan: "Yes, my second spell at Fulham was great and let's be honest, it might just be the last time they get to the FA Cup Final. It was amazing at the time, Bobby Moore and I - he was 36, I was 34 - to go back to Wembley, that was something special, but we lost on that occasion to West Ham."

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2023/october/spurs-vs-fulham-boot-in-both-camps-alan-mullery/

WhiteJC

Tactics, Key Battles and Strengths and Weaknesses as Tottenham prepare to face Fulham
Can Tottenham keep their unbeaten start to the season intact against Fulham on Monday evening at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium?

On Monday night, Fulham will make their way to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium hoping to make a dent in the unbeaten record of Tottenham, who currently sit top of the league and have been in scintillating form so far this season.

Fulham on the other hand have had a mediocre start to the season. They currently sit twelth in the Premier League. with their goal shy attack causing the biggest headache for Marco Silva's side.Strenghs and Weaknesses

Tottenham's Strengths and Weaknesses
 Strengths

The strengths for Tottenham are for all to see this season. They are now a possession based team that like to play quick fast flowing football that keeps their opposition guessing as to where the attacks are coming from. Ange Postecoglou has installed a very high line in defence which suits the style of play so far this season, with the pace of Micky Van Der Ven at the heart of defence ready to snuff out any danger in behind.

Tottenham's main strengh this season has been their attacking prowess. The Lilywhites have had a very fluid front three in Son, Kulusevski and Richarlison that interchange their positions throughout the game while James Maddison pulls the strings in the number ten role. This is coupled with there two flying fullbacks Pedro Porro and Destiny Udogie that will get forward at any possible chance.

Weaknesses

Tottenhams weaknesses stem from their strenghs as you become a more attacking team you will ultimatley leave gaps for your opposition to exploit. Tottenham have been very exposed at the back at times this season and with so many attacking players this could be there downfall.

Fulham's Strengths and Weaknesses
Fulham's strength is their central midfield area with their powerhouse midfielder Joao Palhinha  always ready to both break up and start attacks. In defence, Fulham have been fairly solid conceding only 4 goals in their last 5 league games. The centre back partnership of Tim Ream and Issa Diop have been commanding with the fullbacks getting forward as much as possible.

Fulham Weaknesses

Fulham's weakness has been very clear this season. The loss of Alexander Mitrovic in the summer has left Fulham toothless in attack, with the arrival of  Raul Jimenez and Adama Traore have not worked and they have only registered one goal between them this season.

Game Tactics
Tottenham Tactics

Tottenham will be dominant in possession and look to use their attacking players to overwhelm their opponents. Tottenham will employ a 4-2-3-1 formation with a high line of defence to squeeze Fulham further back towards there own goal.

Fulham Tactics

Fulham will look to sit back and hit Tottenham on the counter attack using their wide players in the form of Willian and Harry Wilson to exploit the space left by the Tottenham fullbacks. Fulham use a 4-3-3 formation which can change to a 4-2-3-1 when attacking with Andreas Pereira playing further forward when Fulham have the ball.

Recent Form
Tottenham Recent Form

Tottenham currently sit top of the league on goal difference from Manchester City and are only one of two teams left unbeaten. Their record reads played eight won six drawn two and lost none. scoring eighteen and only conceding 8.

Fulham Recent Form

Fulham have started the season in inconsistent fashion currently sitting 12th with a record of three wins two draws and three defeats. scoring eight and conceding 13.

Head to Head Form
The head to head record for Fulham is pretty bleak, they have'nt won in the league in there last eight attempts and the last time they did win was a 2-1 victory at Craven Cottage back in 2013.

Key Battles
James Maddison vs Joao Palhinha

If Maddison can get in those little pockets of space between the midfield and the defence Tottenham will be able to create chances. However, Palhinha is a master of breaking up play and is one of the leading players for tackles and interceptions.

Willian vs Pedro Porro

This battle is all about how far Willian can push Porro back towards his own goal and make him defend if so then it will be a stiff task for Porro. On the other hand, if Tottenham's Porro can push Willian back it will stifle one of Fulham's main attacking threat.

Predicted Outcome
All the evidence of this season so far points to an easy victory for Tottenham, they are unbeaten and with all the confidence in the world after the arrival of Ange Postecoglou. I don't see many pundits or experts pointing to a Fulham victory.

https://www.vavel.com/en/football/2023/10/19/tottenham-hotspur/1159758-tactics-key-battles-and-strengths-and-weaknesses-as-tottenham-prepare-to-face-fulham.html

WhiteJC

Ange Postecoglou has already 'confirmed' one huge Tottenham team selection decision for Fulham
Tottenham news - Spurs face Fulham in a London derby on Monday with Ange Postecoglou appearing to already reveal one of his starting XI

Tottenham are back in Premier League action on Monday evening when they welcome Fulham to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for a London derby. Spurs are currently top of the table after six wins and two draws from their opening eight games of the season with new manager Ange Postecoglou making his impact felt already.

Prior to his appointment in north London, Tottenham had played a pragmatic style since the dismissal of Mauricio Pochettino in 2019, but that was set for a drastic change following the arrival of Postecoglou. A full-throttle attacking style of play has been instilled by Postecoglou in his new-look team and they have already scored 18 goals this season.

James Maddison, Micky van de Ven and Guglielmo Vicario are some of the new signings made by Postecoglou who have already made a significant impact. While Son Heung-min has responded to being named captain and the exit of Harry Kane in emphatic fashion, Yves Bissouma has been the main player to have seen his career in N17 completely turn around.

A number of superb performances came before the clash against Luton Town, however that game will certainly be remembered for one embarrassing moment. After picking up a first-half yellow card, which would have seen him suspended for the game against Fulham, another caution was handed to the midfielder leaving Spurs a man down against the Hatters.

A goal from van de Ven saw Spurs pick up three points, but the absence of Bissouma is certainly set to affect Spurs, especially considering he will remain on four yellow cards when he is available again for the clash against Crystal Palace. As a result, Postecoglou will be forced to make a rare change to his starting XI, with one obvious replacement likely to be given his first start of the season.

At half time, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg was brought on for Richarlison to play in the Bissouma role and Postecoglou appears to have made it abundantly clear that will happen again in the clash with Fulham. "We've got some options, certainly Pierre is a ready-made replacement," he said when asked about his thoughts regarding Bissouma's replacement.

"He's been training really hard, he's obviously probably wanted to be playing more because he's pretty much been a constant for the last two/three years. But when he has come on for us he's done really well, for me he's the logical one to come in but we've got a couple of sessions to go."

Oliver Skipp is another option for the Lilywhites, however it appears Postecoglou believes his best position comes in an advanced midfield role, the slot currently occupied by Pape Matar Sarr. The Senegal international is capable of playing the holding role and the return to fitness of Giovani Lo Celso means that is a possibility, however Hojbjerg coming in is the expected outcome.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/ange-postecoglou-already-confirmed-one-27956764

WhiteJC

Sir Bobby Charlton dies at 86 – what became of England's 1966 World Cup winners?

Geoff Hurst is the last surviving member of England's 1966 World Cup-winning squad following the death of Sir Bobby Charlton (PA)
PA Sport Staff

England World Cup winner Sir Bobby Charlton has died aged 86, his family have announced in a statement.

The class of 1966 still remain the only England men's football side to lift a trophy at a major tournament.

Here, the PA news agency runs the rule over how England's players followed up on that World Cup win, with Sir Geoff Hurst now the only surviving member of the side from the final.

Gordon Banks

Goalkeeper Banks won 73 England caps and made 628 club appearances in a 15-year career, winning the League Cup with both Leicester and Stoke. Banks is also remembered for his stunning save from Pele's header in England's 1970 World Cup clash with Brazil. After helping Stoke to the 1972 League Cup, Banks lost the sight in one eye in a car crash in October later that same year, which ultimately ended his professional career. He had a brief managerial stint with Telford. In 2016, Banks revealed he was battling kidney cancer for the second time. Banks, who had been Stoke president since 2000, died aged 81 in February 2019.

George Cohen

George Cohen, left, in action at the 1966 World Cup final (PA)
Fulham defender Cohen was forced to retire through injury aged 29, having amassed 459 appearances for the Craven Cottage club. Cohen struggled with bowel cancer for 14 years in the 1980s. He later opted to sell his World Cup winner's medal, although Fulham purchased the item to display at Craven Cottage. Nephew Ben Cohen helped England win the Rugby World Cup in 2003. Awarded the MBE in 2000, Cohen died aged 83 in December 2022.

Jack Charlton

Jack Charlton, right, holds the Jules Rimet trophy aloft (PA)
The elder of the Charlton brothers, Jack made 629 appearances for Leeds and collected 35 England caps, before turning attention to a successful managerial career. After stints with Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday and Newcastle, Charlton stepped up to lead the Republic of Ireland and guided them to the quarter-finals of the 1990 World Cup in Italy. Charlton received an OBE in 1974 and was awarded honorary Irish citizenship in 1996, being made a freeman of the city of Dublin in 1994. He died at the age of 85 in July 2020, having been diagnosed with lymphoma and also suffering from dementia.

Bobby Moore

England captain Bobby Moore lifts the World Cup (PA)
Widely accepted as England's greatest centre-half and one of the best of all time, World Cup-winning captain Moore died from bowel and liver cancer in February 1993, aged 51. Moore, who won 108 international caps, helped West Ham lift the FA Cup in 1964 and the European Cup Winners' Cup the following season. The defender also had spells at Fulham and in the North American Soccer League before retiring in 1978, with short managerial stints at Oxford City and Southend following. His widow Stephanie founded the Bobby Moore Fund in 1993 to raise money for research into bowel cancer and raise public awareness of the disease.

Ray Wilson

Ray Wilson, right, celebrates after winning the World Cup (PA)
England's left-back Wilson kept the lowest profile of the 1966 winners. Wilson built a successful undertaker's business in Huddersfield after his football career, eventually retiring in 1997. Wilson lived in Huddersfield and made more than 250 appearances for the Terriers as well as playing for Everton – where he won the 1966 FA Cup – Oldham and, briefly, Bradford. He died aged 83 in May 2018 from Alzheimer's disease.

Nobby Stiles

The midfield enforcer of Alf Ramsey's team, Stiles helped nullify the threat of Eusebio in the semi-final against Portugal – and memorably danced on the pitch with the Jules Rimet Trophy after England's extra-time triumph over West Germany. Part of Manchester United's 1968 European Cup-winning team, Stiles, capped 28 times by England, made 392 appearances for the Red Devils, leaving for Middlesbrough in 1971. A career in coaching followed, with two stints at Preston, before a short-lived tenure at West Brom. Stiles also worked for a spell as a youth team coach at United, helping oversee the development of the renowned class of 92, which included the likes of David Beckham and the Neville brothers. In October 2020, Stiles died aged 78 following a long illness, having previously suffered a stroke, being diagnosed with prostate cancer and later Alzheimer's.

Alan Ball

Alan Ball, centre, receives an MBE in 2000 alongside fellow World Cup winners, left to right, Roger Hunt, George Cohen, Ray Wilson and Nobby Stiles (PA)
The youngest member of the side, Ball was just 21 when England were crowned world champions. The midfielder went on to join Everton, becoming part of the Merseyside club's 'Holy Trinity' alongside Colin Harvey and Howard Kendall as they won the 1970 league title. Ball later joined Arsenal, reaching the 1972 FA Cup final. He also had spells at Southampton, in the United States and back at former club Blackpool, as well as Bristol Rovers, before retiring. A 15-year managerial career followed, most notably over two stints with Portsmouth, rivals Southampton and also Manchester City. Ball died in 2007 at the age of 61, having suffered a heart attack while trying to put out a bonfire in his garden.

Sir Bobby Charlton

Sir Bobby Charlton, left, is presented by current manager Gareth Southgate with an England shirt to mark his 80th birthday in 2017 (Nick Potts/PA)
Jack's younger brother Bobby made his career at Manchester United, where he would later sit on the board of directors. Bobby won 106 international caps between 1958 and 1970, and was England's record goalscorer until being overtaken by Wayne Rooney, who also eventually bettered Charlton's club tally. A survivor of the Munich air disaster in 1958, Charlton, who claimed the Ballon d'Or in 1966, helped to rebuild the club in the wake of the tragedy – and scored two goals as United beat Benfica to win the 1968 European Cup. After retiring, he had short managerial stints with Preston and Wigan. In early November 2020, his wife, Lady Norma, confirmed Charlton, 83, had been diagnosed with dementia, the news coming just two days after the death of Stiles. His family announced his death on Saturday.

Martin Peters

Martin Peters celebrates his goal in the World Cup final (PA)
Renowned as being the complete midfielder, Peters – who scored England's second goal in the final – played alongside Moore and Geoff Hurst at West Ham. He joined Tottenham in 1970, going on to win the UEFA Cup and also the League Cup twice, before moving to Norwich, where he made more than 200 appearances, and later Sheffield United as a player-coach. Following retirement, Peters, capped 67 times for England, worked in the insurance business but retained links with his former clubs in an ambassadorial role. Peters died aged 76 in December 2019, having been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease three years earlier.

Sir Geoff Hurst

Sir Geoff Hurst heads England level in the World Cup final (PA)
The only man to score a hat-trick in a World Cup final until France's Kylian Mbappe in December 2022, Hurst made more than 400 appearances for West Ham, joining Stoke in 1972 and later playing in the United States. After retirement, Hurst, who also worked in the insurance trade like his close friend Peters, had managerial spells with Telford, Chelsea and in Kuwait. Knighted in 2004, the 79-year-old now lives near Cheltenham. Hurst, who won 49 England caps, continues to raise awareness for charity work into the fight against diseases which have afflicted several of his 1966 team-mates.

Roger Hunt

Roger Hunt, centre, goes for goal in the final (PA)
Striker Hunt made more than 400 appearances for Liverpool, winning the title twice as well as the FA Cup, and held the club scoring record until overhauled by Ian Rush. Having won 34 caps for England, later playing for Bolton and a short spell in South Africa, Hunt joined his family's haulage business after retiring from football. Hunt was awarded an MBE in 2000, inducted into England's Hall of Fame six years later and lived away from the football spotlight in Lancashire. On September 28, 2021, Liverpool announced Hunt had died aged 83 following a long illness.

Sir Alf Ramsey (manager)

Sir Alf Ramsey remains the only England manager to win a men's major trophy (PA)
Former Southampton and Tottenham full-back Ramsey had cut his managerial teeth with Ipswich, guiding the Suffolk club from the Third Division South to First Division champions in 1962. Ramsey took England to the quarter-finals of the 1970 World Cup, where they were beaten 3-2 by West Germany having been 2-0 ahead. After England failed to qualify for the 1974 World Cup, Ramsey left his job with the Football Association and later had spells working at Birmingham as well as Greek club Panathinaikos. Ramsey spent his retirement back in Ipswich. He died in April 1999, aged 79, having suffered a stroke as well as battling Alzheimer's disease and prostate cancer.

https://www.irishnews.com/sport/footballsoccer/2023/10/21/news/sir_bobby_charlton_dies_at_86_what_became_of_england_s_1966_world_cup_winners_-3717409/

WhiteJC

Ange Postecoglou handed three Tottenham undroppables ahead of Fulham amid suspension worry
Tottenham news - Ange Postecoglou has been told the three Spurs stars he has significantly helped since becoming the club's new manager

Ange Postecoglou has been heavily praised for salvaging the Tottenham careers of three stars since his arrival in north London. Spurs have made an unbeaten start to the Premier League season with marquee wins over Manchester United and Liverpool coming either side of an impressive display against Arsenal at Emirates Stadium with that game ending 2-2.

The Lilywhites have also played and beaten the current bottom four, but taking seven points from three of the biggest teams in the Premier League certainly shows that Spurs deserve to be where they are in the table. Liverpool have already moved above Spurs following their derby win over Everton while Manchester City have also leapfrogged both teams after their victory over Brighton.

By the time Spurs return to action against Fulham on Monday, they could be fourth with anything but a defeat for Arsenal against Chelsea seeing them go down a further spot. While playing after their rivals places the pressure on Spurs to keep up ground, it has arrived as a huge boost for Postecoglou.

Both Cristian Romero and Son Heung-min appeared to pick up injuries while on international duty for Argentina and South Korea, respectively. However, both have returned to Hotspur Way without suffering a major issue with Postecoglou confirming as such in his Friday press conference.

When asked how his squad have come through the international break, he said: "It's been a pretty positive international break for us. In terms of availability I'll address the international players first. Everyone is kind of back and medical reports seem to be good so no real issues around the guys from a fitness perspective. Also, we got a couple of senior debuts with Destiny and Micky getting some runs in there in terms of playing for their national team. It was a good break."

Having both Son and Romero for the clash against Fulham will come as a huge boost to Tottenham with James Maddison completing Postecoglou's leadership group who have all made lightening starts to the season. Alongside that trio former Spurs boss Tim Sherwood has now told Postecoglou another three players that can be considered undroppable.

Speaking to the No Tippy Tappy Football Podcast, he said: "If you're a player in that dressing room, the manager gives you the confidence to go toe-to-toe with any team. You have a manager who trusts you and he's improved the individuals.

"There are loads of players there like Sarr, and Udogie who's been fantastic when he's come back from loan, Bissouma has been outstanding. Everyone thought they were surplus to requirements, but suddenly this guy has shown them a bit of love and now the recruitment doesn't look half bad."

Unfortunately, Bissouma is set to miss Monday's meeting with Fulham after picking up a red card against Luton. Udogie is also a slight suspension risk after picking up his third yellow card of the season in recent weeks with the Italy international needing to go 11 games without picking up another two cautions.

Spurs also already know that both Bissouma and Sarr will be absent for much of January for AFCON as they head to the Ivory Coast to represent Mali and Senegal, respectively. The draw for the tournament was made earlier this month with Spurs facing a troubling scenario given the favourable groups for both nations.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/ange-postecoglou-handed-three-tottenham-27957133

WhiteJC

Fulham U18s put five past Liverpool
Fulham's under 18s made it two wins out of two in the Premier League Cup with a thrilling 5-3 win at Liverpool earlier this afternoon.

The Whites, who had beaten Newcastle 3-2 at Motspur Park at the start of September, went in front through Callum Osmand's early drive but had to show serious character after being rocked by swift strikes from Trey Nyoni and Jayden Danns that put the hosts ahead. It took Ali Melloul's men just two minutes to draw level courtesy of a fine free-kick from Jonathan Esenga and the visitors could easily have headed into half-time ahead having twice rattled the woodwork.

Fulham put clear water between themselves and Marc Bridge-Wilkinson's outfit with a fine display of football in the second half. Winger Lemar Gordon fired the Londoners ahead after being teed up by Tom Olyott, who added a fourth from Aaron Loupalo-Bi's assist sixteen minutes from time. With Liverpool pushing for a route back into the contest, England youth international Chibby Nwoko made it five with five minutes to play after lovely approach play from Jayden Quashie and Farhaan Ali Wahid.

The Reds did get a goal back in the fourth minute of stoppage time when Wellity Lucky headed home a corner from Michael Laffey's corner – but this was a thoroughly professional performance that puts the Cottagers firmly in control of proceedings at the top of Group G.

An open game was to be expected between two sides who seek to play attractive, expansive football but this encounter was end-to-end from the outset. Fulham escaped early on when Keyrol Figueroa's ball in flashed across the area but it was the away side who fashioned the first chance when Olyott extended Liverpool goalkeeper Kornel Misciur with an early sighter. In-form Osmand fired Fulham ahead with a lovely low strike in the thirteenth minute – finding the far corner with precision from the edge of the box.

Liverpool responded within four minutes with a sublime solo goal from Nyoni. The sixteen year-old, a summer signing from Leicester City, powered past several white shirts into the penalty area, jinking inside another defender and guided a glorious finish past the helpless Dino Kaiser. Worse was to follow for Fulham when Nyoni floated a fabulous ball over the defence for Danns to dash onto. The centre-forward skipped round a stranded Kaiser and slotted home from a tight angle – keeping him his astonishing record of scoring in every Liverpool under-18 fixture he has featured in this term.

Esenga brought Fulham level with a wonderful left-footed free-kick and the Whites laid siege to the Liverpool goal before the interval – twice hitting the woodwork before Loupalo-Bi was denied by a smart save from Misciur – in an enthralling end to the half. The home side had two goals disallowed early in the second period. Figueroa finished impeccably but his effort was chalked off due to an offside in the build-up, whilst the assistant referee's flag ruled out a Lucky header as Ben Trueman's corner had drifted out of play.

Fulham made the most of their fortune and could have restored their lead through the impressive Josh King. The talented midfielder's rising drive was terrifically tipped over by Misciur but the Whites were now finding space behind the home defence. Olyott unlocked the Liverpool back line – allowing Gordon to lash the Londoners into the lead in the 63rd minute and then gave Melloul's men some breathing space when he prodded Loupalo-Bi's lay-off past Misciur to make it 4-2. A lovely move saw substitute Nwoko put the game beyond the Reds, notwithstanding Lucky's late header.

LIVERPOOL UNDER 18s (4-3-3): Misciur; Pitt, Gyimah, Lucky, Laffey; Trueman (Furnell-Gill 62), Onanuga, Nyoni; Morrison (Pennington 89), Figueroa (Bradshaw 69), Danns. Subs (not used): Morana, Kelly.

BOOKED: Misciur.

GOALS: Nyoni (17), Danns (26), Lucky (90+4).

FULHAM UNDER 18s (4-2-3-1): Kaiser; de Jesus, Slade (Park 86), Esenga, Tabares; Gofford (Nwoko 69), King; Olyott (Ali Wahid 76), Gordon, Osmand (Quashie 76); Loupalo-Bi. Subs (not used): Varney.

BOOKED: Esenga, Gordon, King.

GOALS: Osmand (13), Esenga (29), Gordon (63), Olyott (74), Nwoko (85).

REFEREE:

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/10/fulham-u18s-put-five-past-liverpool/

WhiteJC

Tottenham vs Fulham: Prediction and Preview
We look ahead to Monday's London derby in the Premier League with our Tottenham vs Fulham prediction and preview. Will the Ange-ball revolution continue?

Tottenham vs Fulham: The Quick Hits
    The Opta supercomputer expects Tottenham's flying start to 2023-24 to continue, with Spurs assigned a 51.8% chance of beating Fulham.
    With a win, Ange Postecoglou would break the record for most points earned by a manager in their first nine Premier League games, held by Mike Walker and Guus Hiddink (22).
    No player was involved in more open-play sequences ending in a shot than James Maddison (63) across the first eight matchdays of the Premier League season.

Match Preview
Having overseen Tottenham's best start to a Premier League season by leading his new side to 20 points from eight games, Ange Postecoglou has the chance to make more history when Spurs round off Matchday 9 by hosting London rivals Fulham on Monday.

Another victory for the hosts would see Postecoglou break the record for the most points collected by a manager in their first nine Premier League matches, currently held by Mike Walker and Guus Hiddink, who both earned 22 with Norwich City and Chelsea respectively.

Tottenham fans could have been forgiven for having flashbacks to 'Spursy' performances of yesteryear when they visited Luton Town on MD 8, with Richarlison and Pedro Porro spurning clear chances before Yves Bissouma received a second booking for simulation. However, Micky van de Ven converted James Maddison's second-half cutback to hand Spurs a hard-fought victory.

Maddison's assist was his fifth of the Premier League season, a tally only matched by Newcastle United's Kieran Trippier and Wolves winger Pedro Neto going into MD 9. Ahead of the weekend's fixtures, no Premier League player had been involved in more open-play sequences ending in a shot than Maddison's 63 (22 shots, 15 open-play chances created, 26 build-up involvements).

Maddison also has four goal involvements in his last two league games against Fulham, scoring once and providing three assists while with Leicester City. Bissouma's one-match ban means Pierre-Emile Højbjerg, who reportedly rejected a move to Fulham on transfer deadline day, will likely join Maddison and Pape Matar Sarr in Spurs' midfield.

Spurs have had to manage the workload of captain Son-Heung min, who has been battling a groin problem and was seen limping while representing South Korea during the international break. However, they are hopeful September's Premier League Player of the Month will be available.

While ex-Fulham duo Ryan Sessegnon and Manor Solomon remain sidelined, Tottenham have few new selection issues. Postecoglou should have Cristian Romero available despite the defender being substituted during Argentina's midweek win over Peru, while Brennan Johnson could be involved after recovering from a thigh injury.

The 22-year-old's return could make Monday's clash between youth and experience even more stark. While Spurs have named starting lineups with the third-youngest average age in the Premier League this season (24 years, 345 days), Fulham's have been the oldest (29 years, 183 days).

Fulham can lay claim to being the only team to get the better of Postecoglou's Spurs, winning a penalty shoot-out to advance after the sides drew 1-1 at Craven Cottage in the EFL Cup in August.

In the Premier League, Marco Silva's men have been solid if unspectacular, moving to 11 points with a 3-1 win over Sheffield United last time out. Bobby De Cordova-Reid put Fulham ahead before Antonee Robinson put through his own net to level things up, but Tom Cairney saw his looping effort deflect in off Wes Foderingham before Willian rounded off the scoring.

Though they managed to put the Blades to the sword, Fulham have struggled in the attacking department this season. Only Sheffield United (6.11), Burnley (6.58) and Nottingham Forest (7.8) created fewer expected goals (xG) than Fulham's 8.79 across the first eight matchdays, with De Cordova-Reid their only player to score two goals.

Striker Raúl Jiménez was replaced by Carlos Vinícius last time out, with his Premier League goal drought currently standing at 22 games. However, the Mexican scored four goals in six league starts against Spurs for former club Wolves.

Silva is facing multiple selection issues in defence; though Kenny Tete could return after missing Fulham's last four games, Tosin Adarabioyo is out and Issa Diop may join him on the sidelines after sustaining a foot injury against Sheffield United.

Tottenham vs Fulham Head-to-Head
Tottenham have an excellent record against Fulham in recent Premier League meetings, winning 13 of their last 15 top-flight games against them (one draw, one defeat).

Fulham have failed to score more than once in any of their last 17 league meetings with Spurs, only netting nine times against them since a 2-1 home win in November 2008.

Fulham have also struggled against fellow London clubs more generally, failing to win any of their last 10 Premier League games versus capital opponents (four draws, six defeats).

They have already played four Premier League London derbies this term, drawing at Arsenal and Crystal Palace but suffering home defeats against Brentford and Chelsea.

Now-Bayern Munich striker Harry Kane scored the winner in both meetings between the teams last season, with Tottenham triumphing 2-1 at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium last September and 1-0 in the reverse fixture in January.

As mentioned, Fulham sent Spurs crashing out of the EFL Cup earlier this season, winning on penalties after a 1-1 draw at Craven Cottage.

Recent Form
Tottenham are unbeaten in nine Premier League outings dating back to last season (seven wins, two draws). They last went 10 without defeat in the competition between April and September 2022, a run of 13 under Antonio Conte.

Spurs have also won their first three home Premier League matches under Postecoglou, beating Manchester United, Sheffield United and Liverpool. The Australian could become the first Tottenham boss to win his first four home games in the competition.

Though Fulham are targeting their first back-to-back Premier League wins this season, they have failed to win any of their last three on the road (two draws, one defeat). They have never gone four away Premier League games without winning under Silva.

Opta Power Rankings
The Opta Power Rankings are a global team ranking system that assigns an ability score to over 13,000 domestic football teams on a scale between zero and 100, where zero is the worst-ranked team in the world and 100 is the best team in the world.

Ahead of kick-off on Monday, here is the Opta Power Ranking for both sides.

Rank      Team            Rating
13      Tottenham Hotspur            91.8
43      Fulham            86.8

Tottenham vs Fulham Prediction

The Opta supercomputer expects Tottenham's terrific form to continue on Monday. Spurs triumphed in 51.8% of 10,000 match simulations conducted before kick-off. Fulham were victorious in 21.7% of scenarios, with the remaining 26.5% finishing level.

Whisper it quietly, but only in their double-winning 1960-61 campaign have Tottenham enjoyed a better start to a top-flight season, earning 24 points from their first eight games if converted to three points per win. However, they are only given a 1.6% chance of capturing the title in our 2023-24 projections.

Spurs are at least among the favourites for UEFA Champions League qualification, however, finishing fourth in a league-high 25.2% of simulations.

Fulham, meanwhile, are expected to enjoy a season of mid-table security, with 12th (16.3%) and 13th (16.1%) their most common finishing positions.

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2023/10/tottenham-vs-fulham-prediction-and-preview/

WhiteJC

Spurs vs Fulham | Confirmed kit colours
Ahead of our return to Premier League action on Monday night following the international break, we can confirm the kit colours for ourselves and opponents Fulham.

As usual at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, we'll be in our 2023/24 home kit.

That means we'll be in all Lilywhite, with faded patterns on the shirts.

Our goalkeeper will once again be in light blue.

As for Fulham, they will need to change from their usual colours due to a clash with our white shirts.

They'll therefore be wearing their third kit on Monday evening, which is primarily black but with thin pink pattern lines across the body of the jersey.

Their goalkeeper will be in all red.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2023/october/spurs-vs-fulham-confirmed-kit-colours/

WhiteJC

Opponent Watch: 4 Fulham stars to miss Premier League clash vs Tottenham including Adama Traore

Four Fulham stars to miss the crunch Premier League clash against Tottenham Hotspur

The Fulham quartet of Tosin Aderabioyo, Kenny Tete, Issa Diop and Adama Traore are set to miss the Premier League clash against Tottenham Hotspur.

Spurs return to action following the international break with a home clash against their London rivals. Fulham remain the only side to get the better of us this season, having dumped us out of the Carabao Cup on penalties.

Tottenham went into the international break as the Premier League leaders. However, Manchester City and Liverpool won last night while Arsenal also salvaged a draw at Stamford Bridge. A win on the night will see Ange Postecoglou's side once again retain the top spot.

Fulham are dogged opponents and cannot be treated lightly. They have the ability to make life difficult for us and unless we are ready to go, Spurs could be in for a long night.

Tottenham will be well aware of Aderabioyo's abilities having been heavily linked with him over the 2023 summer transfer window. Not having him lining up against us is welcome news indeed. The same can be said of Traore, who on his day is a raw force of nature.

Postecoglou will also have several players unavailable for the clash. Rodrigo Bentancur is still not fit enough to feature while Manor Solomon, Ivan Perisic and Ryan Sessegnong are all sidelined for the near future.

Yves Bissouma is suspended for the tie and will not line up against Joao Palhinha. The Spurs ace has been in top form this season and will be heavily missed. Meanwhile, Son Heung-min, Cristian Romero and Brennan Johnson are all recovering from knocks and are unlikely to be at 100 percent.

https://tothelaneandback.com/2023/10/22/fulham-stars-tosin-aderabioyo-kenny-tete-issa-diop-and-adama-traore-to-miss-tottenham-clash/