watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Liverpool After Fulham Target Lacina Traore

Started by White Noise, January 20, 2011, 01:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Can anyone remember what happened about our interest in this lad?

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a17856_liverpool-could-chase-fulham-target-as-suarez-alternative

Liverpool could chase Fulham target as Suarez alternative

Ivorian striker also on Anfield list

by Arthur Williams on 20 January 2011

Liverpool will turn their attentions to CFR Cluj striker Lacina Traore if they fail in their pursuit of Luis Suarez thiough they would face competition from Fulham.

Suarez's club Ajax are playing hardball over the transfer fee and the Reds are considering cutting their losses and moving for the little known Ivory Coast man instead. The Dutch club are demanding £25m for their player following Darren Bent's big money move from Sunderland to Aston Villa prompting Liverpool to look elsewhere.

Traore would be a curious choice insofar as he is playing in the less celebrated Romanian league and has not even been capped by his country. However, he has played Europa League football and knows where the goal scoring 18 times in 25 outings last season and 7 in 13 this time round.

At 6' 8", he is the epitome of a target man which would add another dimension to the Liverpool attack but with Fulham already having expressed an interest in the 20-year-old, the Reds might have to move quickly to snare the £6.5m rated hitman.

Matt

I still think he's worth a punt! We can't do a lot worse up front, the guy is tall, young and can't be that expensive.
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Matt The Swede on January 20, 2011, 01:19:30 PM
I still think he's worth a punt! We can't do a lot worse up front, the guy is tall, young and can't be that expensive.

£4-5m was touted - seems like a bargain to me!

Matt

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 20, 2011, 01:22:15 PM

Would be happy if we signed him. Still only 20 years old and if he adapts well to the Premiership he could be a top player. From what I've seen of him he is quite skillful for his length. £4-5m? Sounds fair to me and he can't be on massive wages.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Matt The Swede on January 20, 2011, 01:36:16 PM

Would be happy if we signed him. Still only 20 years old and if he adapts well to the Premiership he could be a top player. From what I've seen of him he is quite skillful for his length. £4-5m? Sounds fair to me and he can't be on massive wages.

I doubt they pay massive wages in Romania.

Matt

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 20, 2011, 01:44:19 PM

Exactly  :005:

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Matt The Swede on January 20, 2011, 01:45:20 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 20, 2011, 01:44:19 PM

Exactly  :005:

Cluj are the "ManCity of Romania", they're owned by a super-rich guy....

Did not hear a word about our interest in Traore, though. I think we're not in the running.

BalDrick

'if he adapts well to the Premiership'

Usually just our kind of target but thought we were looking at someone who can start immediately, not fart about learning the Premiership (it's football FFS, what do you need to learn? See that round thing, kick it in the goal).
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Lighthouse

We were linked some weeks ago and had all the Videos to show how good he was. Looked ideal but then nothing happened. It would be good but it wont happen. But we are now reaching a run of games that frankly whoever joins will struggle to make much of an impact. Sadly we have taken too long and the players that we may still bring in that could have made a difference now, will find it harder against the clubs we have to play.

Not blaming anybody but however dull or exciting the players we do or do not bring in, the moment (much like appointing a new manager) is drifting away.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

I'm sorry. I thought we wanted someone who could play NOW because we couldn't wait until February/March for Bobby Z to be healthy. The guy is 20 and plays in Romania. How in the world is going to be able to cope with the pace of the Prem before Feb/March?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on January 20, 2011, 05:03:41 PM
How in the world is going to be able to cope with the pace of the Prem before Feb/March?

Well, Mr Hatter, he played Champions League football and did fantastic, especially against Bayern Munich. I watched the entire match and he was great. Reminded me of Peter Crouch....technically quite gifted and very agile considering his height.