more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 25/10/23...

Started by WhiteJC, October 25, 2023, 07:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Silva signs new three-year contract
Fulham head coach Marco Silva has signed a new three-year contract, the club have announced this afternoon.

The Portuguese boss, who guided Fulham back to the Premier League by winning the Championship in his first season at Craven Cottage, broke the Cottagers' yo-yo cycle last year as his side surprised everyone by finishing tenth in the top flight. The former Hull City, Watford and Everton manager had been heavily linked with moves to other English sides and was the subject of repeated Saudi Arabian approaches over the summer as he entered the final year of his existing deal in SW6.

Silva, who is now contracted until the end of the 2025/2026 season, told the club's official website:

I'm really pleased to sign a new contract as it was something we had been discussing for some time. It's always a good sign when both parties are happy and want to continue working together. I feel that the business is not done yet, we've had two great seasons, and the goal is clearly there to sustain this club in the Premier League. This is key for the future of this club, and we are working hard to achieve it.

It is important to feel the trust and have the support of our owners. My relationship with them, and with Fulham Football Club as a whole, has been really important in this decision and the success of the last two seasons. The commitment and ambition that these players have demonstrated since day one has been the key to what we have achieved, and that will always continue to be the case, along with the unconditional support of our fans, who are fundamental. Let's continue together on this long journey."

Fulham chairman Shahid Khan added:

"This is a wonderful day for Fulham Football Club. Specifically, it's a fantastic moment for Fulham supporters, who deserve our very best efforts to invest in the present and future of their club, both within and around the game. I'm happy to announce that we have a new contract with Marco Silva through 2025/26, and am confident this news will inspire our players and fans, both immediately and in the seasons ahead.

When I first met Marco in 2021, I knew then he represented everything we needed and more from our next head coach. I am grateful that Marco believed, as I did, in what is possible here at Fulham, and now here we are several years later reaffirming our commitment to achieving something special for our fans. Marco and I are aligned – we have work ahead, but even more to look forward to."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/10/silva-signs-new-three-year-contract/

WhiteJC

Marco Silva Pledges Future to Fulham Until 2026
Marco Silva Commits to Fulham Until 2026

In a world where managerial merry-go-rounds are the order of the day, some football stories manage to bring a sense of calm, and Marco Silva's commitment to Fulham is one such tale.

Past Triumphs
Remember the days when Silva was navigating the choppy waters of clubs like Hull City, Watford, and Everton? Indeed, his managerial journey is a mosaic of challenges and triumphs. Now, with a freshly inked deal, the seasoned Portuguese manager is set to stay at the heart of west London's Fulham till the culmination of the 2025-26 season.

A Testament to Success
Appointed as the head coach in the warm summer of July 2021, Silva's existing tenure was coming to a close this season. But here's a manager who doesn't rest on his laurels. Under his astute guidance, Fulham witnessed a revival of sorts. They finished 10th last season in the Premier League, marking their grand return with a top-half placement – something they hadn't achieved since the memorable days of 2012. The current standing? A respectable 13th after a nine-game run.

In Silva's Words
"I'm really pleased to sign a new contract as it was something we had been discussing for some time," voiced a content Silva, reflecting on the culmination of the discussions.

It's a well-known whisper that Silva had piqued the interest of some Saudi Arabian clubs in the recent summer. Yet, in his words, there's a resonance of commitment and purpose. "It's always a good sign when both parties are happy and want to continue working together. I feel the business is not done yet, we've had two great seasons, and the goal is clearly there to sustain this club in the Premier League."

Building Trusting Partnerships
More than just tactics on the pitch, football management is also about the bonds formed off it. And Silva's bond with Fulham's owners clearly played a pivotal role in his decision. "It is important to feel the trust and have the support of our owners. My relationship with them has been really important in this decision. Let's continue together on this long journey."

As Fulham fans revel in this announcement, the bigger picture becomes clear. This isn't merely a contract extension. It's a statement of intent. It's about stability, ambition, and a shared vision for the future. In a football landscape often dominated by short-term thinking, Marco Silva and Fulham are setting a refreshing precedent. Onwards and upwards for the Craven Cottage faithful.

https://eplindex.com/98478/marco-silva-pledges-future-to-fulham-until-2026.html

WhiteJC

Fulham 'target' 14-goal Mitrovic replacement after shock 'cut-price' release clause is revealed
According to reports, Fulham are interested in signing Bundesliga top scorer Serhou Guirassy amidst reports he has a 'cut-price' release clause in his Stuttgart contract.

Guirassy has been in red-hot form for Stuttgart since joining the German club from Rennes in the summer transfer window.

In eight Bundesliga games, the Malian striker scored a ridiculous 14 goals.

He already has two hat-tricks and three braces, which is why Stuttgart are second in the German top flight with seven wins from their opening eight fixtures.

Last term, Stuttgart had four different managers and finished 16th in the Bundesliga, meaning they only stayed up via the relegation play-off, beating Hamburg 6-1 on aggregate.

Current manager Sebastian Hoeneß took charge on April 3 and only lost one in seven league matches to finish the 22/23 season, so he is not still in a job all because of Guirassy's goalscoring heroics.

Unsurprisingly, there is interest coming from the Premier League, with a number of clubs interested in signing a striker when the winter transfer window opens.

It was reported earlier this month that Tottenham are 'keeping an eye on' the 27-year-old and it has now been claimed that Fulham are also interested.

Reported on Monday by Sky Germany correspondent Florian Plettenberg, Guirassy has a shock release clause in his Stuttgart contract worth 'less than 20 million euros'.

Plettenberg says, however, that the striker does not want to move clubs in January with a transfer 'planned at the earliest for the following summer'.

Despite the player's stance, Fulham want to bring him to the Premier League, according to the Evening Standard.

This report says the release clause in question is worth a little over £15million and the Cottagers 'have identified him as a potential transfer option'.

'A host of bigger clubs' are expected to provide some stiff transfer competition and other options being 'tracked' are Genk's Gift Orban, Southampton's Carlos Alcaraz and Sporting's Geny Catamo.

Marco Silva is in dire need of a new striker after selling Aleksandar Mitrovic to Al-Hilal in the summer.

Fulham banked £50m in the sale of the Serbian striker and summer signing Raul Jimenez has failed to hit the ground running at Craven Cottage.

The Mexican striker has not scored in nine appearances this term and Silva's side have only scored eight goals in the Premier League.

Only four teams (Crystal Palace, Burnley, Bournemouth, and Sheffield United) have scored fewer Premier League goals than the Cottagers in 2023/24.

https://www.football365.com/news/fulham-target-mitrovic-replacement-cut-price-release-clause-guirassy

WhiteJC

Marco Silva: Fulham confirm new contract for manager
The Portuguese has extended his stay until 2026

Fulham manager Marco Silva has signed a new contract with the club.

The 46-year-old Portuguese was appointed back in July 2021 when the club were in the Championship, and went on to secure promotion back to the Premier League in his first season followed by a 10th-placed top-flight finish last season.

The Cottagers sit 13th after nine games of the current campaign, and Silva told the club website after signing his new deal: "It is important to feel the trust and have the support of our owners. My relationship with them, and with Fulham Football Club as a whole, has been really important in this decision and the success of the last two seasons.

"The commitment and ambition that these players have demonstrated since day one has been the key to what we have achieved, and that will always continue to be the case, along with the unconditional support of our fans, who are fundamental. Let's continue together on this long journey."

Fulham chairman Shahid Khan described the extension of Silva's contract as a "wonderful day" for the club, adding: "When I first met Marco in 2021, I knew then he represented everything we needed and more from our next head coach.

"I am grateful that Marco believed, as I did, in what is possible here at Fulham, and now here we are several years later reaffirming our commitment to achieving something special for our fans.

"Marco and I are aligned - we have work ahead, but even more to look forward to."

Additional reporting by Press Association.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-fc-marco-silva-new-contract-b1115695.html

WhiteJC

Fulham manager Marco Silva signs contract extension
Fulham manager Marco Silva has signed a new contract with the club until the end of the 2025-26 campaign.

The 46-year-old's previous deal at Craven Cottage had been due to expire next summer, leading to speculation over his long-term future in West London.

However, he has now put pen to paper on fresh terms that will extend his overall stay at the club to five years.

"I'm really pleased to sign a new contract as it was something we had been discussing for some time. It's always a good sign when both parties are happy and want to continue working together," he told the club's official website.

"I feel that the business is not done yet, we've had two great seasons, and the goal is clearly there to sustain this club in the Premier League. This is key for the future of this club, and we are working hard to achieve it.

"It is important to feel the trust and have the support of our owners. My relationship with them, and with Fulham Football Club as a whole, has been really important in this decision and the success of the last two seasons.

"The commitment and ambition that these players have demonstrated since day one has been the key to what we have achieved, and that will always continue to be the case, along with the unconditional support of our fans, who are fundamental. Let's continue together on this long journey."

Chairman Shahid Khan added: "This is a wonderful day for Fulham Football Club. Specifically, it's a fantastic moment for Fulham supporters, who deserve our very best efforts to invest in the present and future of their club, both within and around the game.

"I'm happy to announce that we have a new contract with Marco Silva through 2025-26, and am confident this news will inspire our players and fans, both immediately and in the seasons ahead.

"When I first met Marco in 2021, I knew then he represented everything we needed and more from our next head coach. I am grateful that Marco believed, as I did, in what is possible here at Fulham, and now here we are several years later reaffirming our commitment to achieving something special for our fans.

"Marco and I are aligned – we have work ahead, but even more to look forward to."

Vice-chairman Tony Khan also commented on the news, telling the club website: "I'm delighted for Fulham fans and the entire club that we have secured Marco's future here, and that he will be with us until at least 2026!

"Through working together for the last few years, we've developed a great relationship, and are in tune with ambitions for the club and aspirations for the future.

"I'm a huge admirer of Marco's, his work ethic, professionalism and his hunger for success for Fulham translate through the whole club, and we all look forward to the next phase of our journey together."

Silva arrived at Fulham in 2021 having spent previous stints in charge at Hull City, Watford and Everton in England, and he steered the Cottagers to promotion from the Championship during his maiden campaign at the helm.

The West Londoners then comfortably consolidated their position in the Premier League last season, recording a top-half finish as Fulham ended 2022-23 in 10th place.

Silva was heavily linked with a lucrative move to the Saudi Pro League during the summer, but reports suggested that he turned down offers of up to £40m over two seasons from Al-Ahli and Al Hilal.

The Portuguese has taken charge of 105 matches at Fulham, winning 51 of those with 21 draws and 33 defeats.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/news/marco-silva-signs-new-fulham-contract_527256.html?newsnow

WhiteJC

Fulham head coach Marco Silva signs new contract in 'wonderful day' for the club
Fulham head coach Marco Silva has signed a new contract to extend his stay at Craven Cottage until the end of the 2025/26 campaign.

The 46-year-old Portuguese was appointed by the west London club in July 2021, leading them to promotion back to the Premier League in his first season and then a 10th-placed top-flight finish last season.

The Cottagers sit 13th after nine games of the current campaign, and Silva told the club website after signing his new deal: "It is important to feel the trust and have the support of our owners. My relationship with them, and with Fulham Football Club as a whole, has been really important in this decision and the success of the last two seasons.

Fulham chairman Shahid Khan described the extension of Silva's contract as a "wonderful day" for the club, adding: "When I first met Marco in 2021, I knew then he represented everything we needed and more from our next head coach.

"I am grateful that Marco believed, as I did, in what is possible here at Fulham, and now here we are several years later reaffirming our commitment to achieving something special for our fans.

"Marco and I are aligned – we have work ahead, but even more to look forward to."

https://www.football365.com/news/fulham-head-coach-marco-silva-signs-new-contract

WhiteJC

Silva signs new Fulham contract
Marco Silva has signed a new contract with Fulham.

The Whites boss, whose contract was due to expire at the end of the season, has signed a deal until the summer of 2026.

Silva, 46, guided Fulham to a 10th-place finish in the Premier League last season, having taken the club back to the top flight in his first year at the helm.

"I'm really pleased to sign a new contract as it was something we had been discussing for some time," said Silva, who was courted by Saudi Arabian clubs in the summer.

"It's always a good sign when both parties are happy and want to continue working together. I feel the business is not done yet, we've had two great seasons, and the goal is clearly there to sustain this club in the Premier League.

"It is important to feel the trust and have the support of our owners. My relationship with them has been really important in this decision. Let's continue together on this long journey."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/silva-signs-new-fulham-contract

WhiteJC

Fulham could make a move for one of the most in-form players in Europe
Fulham failed to truly replace Aleksandar Mitrovic, who left for Saudi Pro League side Al Hilal in the summer transfer window. The club did sign veteran striker Raul Jimenez from Wolves, but it still feels like the club needs to add more in attack to build off last season. The Cottagers are now linked to one of the most in-form players in European football.

According to the Evening Standard, Stuttgart's Serhou Guirassy is wanted by Fulham, while other Premier League clubs also monitor the status of the player. Guirassy has a release clause active for both the upcoming winter and summer transfer windows for just £15m, according to Fabrizio Romano. Guirassy has an outstanding 15 goals in 9 matches, which has jolted the striker into the European football spotlight.

Born and raised in France to Guinean parents, Guirassy committed himself to the Guinea National Team last year. Guirassy has yet to spend an entire season at Stuttgart, as he only joined the club during the second half of the 2022-23 season, on loan from Rennes. This is the 27-year-old's second time in Germany, having previously played for FC Koln between 2016 and 2019. Guirassy's hot start has seen Stuttgart rise to second in the Bundesliga table, having just one loss so far on the season.

With 29 goals in 37 matches with Stuttgart, Guirassy could provide some immediate goal-scoring help for Fulham as they search to reinvigorate their attacking prowess. Just three teams in the Premier League have a worse goal total than Fulham, those being relegation-threatened sides, Sheffield United, Bournemouth and Burnley.

Marco Silva has just renewed his contract with the club, signalling an intent to build upon the project being built. It's now time for the management to step up and find the Portuguese manager a top striker to work with. Serhou Guirassy could be the club's answer to its goal-scoring question.

https://thetopflight.com/2023/10/24/fulham-premier-league-serhou-guirassy/

WhiteJC

Positives and negatives: Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Fulham

Our winless curse since promotion on Sky Sports continued on matchday number nine and Cam – ruined by London Underground exhaustion – has all the necessary info, like it or lump it.

We could see it coming. Pre-match optimism's a killer. Venturing to the trenches of North London to face Agne Postecolglu's high-flying Tottenham Hotspur, Marco Silva's stuttering Fulham couldn't cause an upset, live on MNF. Spurs are gonna Spurs at some point this season but we weren't to spark a downfall, we just didn't have it in us and it's the type of loss we'll have to get used to.

The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is by far the best venue I've ever visited. They have urinals aplenty, pints that fill from the arse to the head – it's modern engineering at its finest, but it cannot be home to Premier League champions, not to those irritable dipshits. I know it's early doors but somebody's got to give 'em a tanking and for that, we will be there.

Give me clappers over that pathetic trumpet every single time. Call me bitter, a sore loser, I just don't care, but who's off to Portman Road in a week's time in a tournament Spurs simply had to win? That's right, the super shaggin' Whites from SW6 and in the meantime, we're off to the beach with a gaffer that's with us for the long haul. Catch you Sunday, folks!

Positives

The Lukic and Palhinha partnership

Silva fielded a midfield partnership of Sasa Lukic and João Palhinha from the off and truth be told, it actually looked like a pretty good collaboration, and I hope it's given more time to develop. Lukic has flirted with a starting spot, dislodging Harrison Reed was never going to be straight forward but the Serb, returning from an excellent international break, was mindful in possession, as well as combative when he had to hold his own.

Palhinha was typically demanding of both his teammates and the opposition. Full blooded as ever in touch and go 50/50s, very nearly opening the scoring with a driven header that was pawed away superbly by Guglielmo Vicario, he was expectedly dominant and complicit to all we did well on the night, as he so often is.

As a collective, we didn't distribute play promptly enough to truly hurt Spurs but both Lukic and our Portugal international were the tidiest contributors. When we had to expand, they lent possession shrewdly and they were constantly available to receive if, inevitably, we couldn't build offensive patterns effectively. It's a double pivot that maybe isn't as gritty as the João and Reed duo we're accustomed to but I appreciate the variation it provides.

Sasa is only slightly off the pace, extra minutes will certainly sharpen his reactions, nonetheless, there's definitely a very useful player in the 28-year-old. His care and attention on the ball was evident throughout, Palhinha was duty-bound to disrupt and Lukic entrusted safety and sensibility above all else. He wasn't a showstopper, his efforts were ordinary and he did the basics to the letter. That, given the clockwork potency of the opposition, was essential and it has to be acknowledged as a plus.

Negatives

Bassey the blunderer

Piling in on a defender that was playing out of position isn't entirely fair but escaping the cold fact that he was culpable for both goals is impossible. Calvin Bassey lined up alongside Tim Ream on the right of our central defence, he's naturally left-sided and given James Maddison's post-match words, they knew he was a sitting duck and they targeted him.

Bassey's performance otherwise was actually okay. He was a nuisance in the air and relatively sturdy in physical duels but he was visibly uncomfortable while receiving possession. "C Bass", in that respect, was very much a fish out of water. His hesitancy was our undoing and with Brighton and Hove Albion up next, Silva has to devise an alternative central defensive partnership because we cannot be subjected to Monday night's blunderings again.

For Spurs's first goal, Bassey hooked a doomed clearance into nowhere and the hosts capitalised within an instance, and it was a similar ordeal for their second of the night as well. Clearly, the Nigerian's right peg is non-existent, as passes rolled across to his weaker foot his stance was awkward, clearances were hacked at and as an attacker, eyes would light up at the sight of his incapability, and so they did.

I understand that most have a preferred foot and are obviously more inclined to favour it but what I can't comprehend is a professional footballer, worth twenty-odd million quid, that isn't adept with both feet. It's illogical. I'd completely understand if Dave down the rec was woeful with his right and a sculptor with his left but we're talking about a fully fledged international that trains tirelessly day in, day out.

On both occasions where Tottenham pounced, his head was glued to the turf as well, he hadn't a clue to whom or even where he was scuffing it into, so that twinned with a dodgy right was a recipe for disaster. Then again, there were hardly any unmarked outlets for him to aim for if he had lifted his noggin, perhaps he was trying to adopt the classic "if in doubt, twit it out" method all along, either way, he cannot continue to deputise in Issa Diop's absence because he simply isn't equipped to do so.

No bark, no teeth, no bite

Surely Silva's starting to realise that our striking department is massively inferior. We have one of the lowest chance creation percentages in the division and when we do fashion an opportunity to alter the score line, as it was in north London, we've no bark, no teeth and we've definitely no bite. Scoring three against Sheffield United – the worst team in the league – shouldn't gloss over our frigidness in front of the target and we should've made so much more of the situations that came our way.

Not much more can be said about Palhinha's header in the first half, the 'keeper was on his toes to deflect but moving forward as we overturned possession, passes were picked incorrectly on the counter, sequences fizzled out because we were indecisive and as good as Willian, Bobby De Cordova-Reid and Harry Wilson are in short bursts, hitting Spurs on the break wasn't worthwhile because they were comprehensively outpaced and contained over any distance longer than 20 meters.

On both sides of the pitch, Antonee Robinson and Timothy Castagne frequently made overlapping runs which unsettled Tottenham's fullbacks momentarily, but they were soon dealt with as their shape shifted in support and their crossing was either miscued or easily detected. Unzipping Spurs's organised defence was going to take some serious doing, and there's a golden opportunity late on in the second 45 that springs to mind, and retinas still sting hours later.

Replacing a suppressed Carlos Vinicius at half-time, Raul Jimenez was threaded into a prime scoring position by Wilson, the Mexican could set himself before boot was planted to ball but his execution stunk of Crystal Palace. Hard and low is always the best policy when lacing across the target, but his effort was struck at the perfect height for Vicario, it lacked venom and conviction and now excuses are running dry.

These aren't speculative half chances, they're commonplace, meat and drink scenarios and a striker of his dormant calibre has to be sticking them away, no questions asked. We probably would've still lost, pulling a goal back would've meant nothing in reality but Jimenez is a man that's in the pits with zero confidence. Ending his drawn out drought will change everything but he obviously doesn't back himself, and self-doubt is tough to shake off, especially when personal demons have tormented his performances for three years already.

It wasn't just Raul that fluffed his lines, though, as in added time, Wilson also had two fairly manageable opportunities to work the target and he wasn't proactive. Firstly, Willian floated a ball to the backstick and unmarked, the Welshman's volley cushioned into a Spurs defender, if he'd had intent, it may have cannoned fortuitously. Secondly, in the final few moments, he was one-on-one with Vicario but he dawdled, he didn't pull the trigger with purpose and it allowed Tottenham's defence to blockade his effort. Overall our end product was nowhere near good enough and at Motspur Park during the week, shooting practice has to be top of the schedule.

Andreas isn't irreplaceable

Can't be sat on the fence here, people. Andreas Pereira has been a peripheral figure for us this season and his inactivity at the toilet seat stadium got him in Silva's bad books, and it's been a long time coming. Subbed for Alex Iwobi at half time, Pereira has to take stock of some hard truths and Silva has to make a statement to his team, even to those that were once perceived to be irreplaceable.

He's never been a consistent creative source, and he's intended to be a leading influence in the final third, which is worrying to say the least. Purple patches are few and far between, we're yet to see what the Brazilian can really offer on a regular basis and at Spurs he was artless, one-dimensional and overpowered. A jolt to the system's needed for Andreas, he has to understand that with Iwobi in contention, his starting spot isn't a given and at the Amex on Sunday, Silva has to bench him.

Iwobi can cope with transition better than Andreas can. He was prepared to drop deep to retrieve possession and once he'd moved the ball, he searched for unmanned gaps and pockets, a connection between his midfield teammates and our attacking trio. The summer signing isn't afraid of committing his marker, too, and as our offensive sequences have to become direct, particularly through the middle, Alex could keep Andreas in his shadow for the foreseeable. All it takes is greater game time, and then we'll know for sure where both attacking midfielders stand in Silva's set-up.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2023-10-24-positives-and-negatives-tottenham-hotspur-2-0-fulham/

WhiteJC

Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Fulham: Bassey mistakes cost the Cottagers
After the international break, Spurs would have the chance to go two points clear at the top of the table – with Arsenal having dropped points at Stamford Bridge. With Fulham struggling to find consistent form, Monday's clash would be another tough test for the Cottagers, having already faced three of the current top ten sides.

TOT: Vicario, Udogie, van de Ven, Romero, Porro, Hojbjerg, Sarr, Richarlison, Maddison, Kulusevski, Son

FUL: Leno, Castagne, Bassey, Ream, Robinson, Lukic, Palhinha, Pereira, De Cordova-Reid, Vinicius, Willian.

Less than 120 seconds into the game, Vinicius lost the ball in his own half which would result in Son bearing down on the Fulham goal courtesy of a Maddison through ball. Leno's left boot saved the Brazilian's blushes though, as they would keep Tottenham at bay.

Despite Tottenham's strong start, Fulham would send a warning message when Palhinha's header was destined for the top corner, were it not for Vicario leaping to match the effort.

On the half-hour mark, a nicely worked move came from the home side, as Maddison set away Kulusevski down the right-hand side. He cut in to tee up an oncoming Richarlison, whose shot narrowly missed the bottom corner.

Five minutes later though, Spurs would have their breakthrough. Bassey had already looked shaky on the ball earlier on, and this was a sign of what was to come for the goal. His pass into the middle was intercepted, within a split-second finding Richarlson. The Brazilian had the simple task of poking it through to an open Son, who did the rest curling it into the top bins.

In the second half, Son would turn provider for the second goal as it was Maddison's turn to get in on the act. Bassey would be at the centre of calamity again as he gave the ball away for a second time. Son then slipped through Maddison, who cooly put it past the outrushing Fulham stopper.

Vicario didn't have much to do after saving Palinha's earlier, but ten minutes from the end he was called into action after substitutes Wilson and Jiminez linked up, but the shotstopper palmed away Jiminez's strong shot.

Fulham couldn't claw anything back in the end, as Spurs would remain unbeaten in the Premier League.

https://fromthespot.co.uk/5733/tottenham-hotspur-2-0-fulham-bassey-mistakes-cost-the-cottagers/

WhiteJC

Former Everton star Alex Iwobi shares screenshot of the caring messages he used to get from Bill Kenwright stating how 'proud' he was of the midfielder... as he shares very personal heartfelt tribute to late chairman

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright has tragically passed away at the age of 78
    Former Toffee Alex Iwobi made 140 appearances for the club from 2019 to 2023
    He shared a heartfelt tribute to Kenwright and thanked him for his support

Alex Iwobi has paid a heartfelt tribute to Bill Kenwright after the Everton chairman passed away.

Kenwright, 78, had undergone surgery to remove a cancerous tumour from his liver in August. Complications during surgery led to him spending a prolonged period in intensive care before he returned home two weeks ago.

However, Everton announced the tragic news on Tuesday evening that Kenwright - who first joined the board at Goodison Park in 1989 - had passed away peacefully on Monday while surrounded by his family and loved ones.

Iwobi moved to Everton from Arsenal in 2019 for an initial £28million fee and went onto make 140 appearances for the club before joining Fulham this summer.

And after the news of Kenwright's death was announced, the midfielder paid a touching tribute to the boyhood Evertonian and hailed the impact he had on his career.

Alex Iwobi paid a heartfelt tribute to Bill Kenwright after the Everton chairman passed away

He shared a photo of Kenwright on social media and revealed a text conversation they had

Sharing a photo of Kenwright on social media, Iwobi said: 'RIP to a hero. Played a big part in my career and my life, I'll forever be grateful.'

Along with the tribute and photo, Iwobi attached a screenshot of a message conversation with Kenwright which highlighted their close relationship.

The Everton chief had messaged Iwobi on May 14 2022 which was during the club's ultimately successful battle against relegation under Frank Lampard, with the Toffees facing Brentford in a crunch clash on May 15.

Kenwright had said: 'No one is more pleased than your chairman that you are on the way to becoming an Everton legend Alex... I'm SO proud of you coz I know it's not always been easy.

'Be our hero tomorrow... again!! God bless you. Chairman.'

Iwobi had replied at the time: 'Thank you very much for the message, appreciate it so much. I'll continue fighting for Everton.'

The screenshot also showed a later message from September 18 2022 which came after Everton's first win of the 2022-23 season, courtesy of a 1-0 victory against West Ham at Goodison Park.

Again, Kenwright had messaged Iwobi and said: 'It's time to tell you again Alex... your chairman is so proud of you. Another immaculate performance. And a win!!!! Congratulations. Chairman.'

Iwobi had then responded: 'Thank you for the message, happy to get our first win this season... cheers to many more.'

Iwobi had originally moved to the club when Marco Silva was the manager, with Kenwright in charge as chairman.

After a difficult start, he played a huge role in the aforementioned survival battle under Lampard in 2021-22 and then under Sean Dyche in 2022-23. He became increasingly popular with supporters before his move to Fulham.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12667265/Alex-Iwobi-Bill-Kenwright-Everton.html

WhiteJC

If Arsenal or Fulham come calling again, Southampton should sell star for no less than £20m: Opinion
Southampton will do well to stave off further January interest in one of their key assets from Premier League sides Arsenal and Fulham.

Southampton could face interest in Kyle Walker-Peters from Premier League sides Arsenal and Fulham, which could impact their promotion bid.
    Walker-Peters is a talented offensive fullback and one of the best in the Championship, with two assists this season.
    Selling Walker-Peters for less than £20m could be detrimental to Southampton's team morale and potentially hinder their chances of finishing in the top six.

Southampton may well have to brace themselves for further January interest in one of their key assets from Premier League sides Arsenal and Fulham.

Over the summer, Arsenal were linked with Kyle Walker-Peters with interest emerging from fellow Premier League outfit Fulham as well.

If Southampton sold their England international, this would be a major dent in their promotion bid but the presence of such a talent presents an opportunity to cash in.

What transfer fee should Southampton accept for Walker-Peters?
No less than £20m.

Kyle Walker-Peters is comfortably one of the best offensive fullbacks in the Championship.

He has already got two assists this season.

Ipswich Town's Leif Davis is the only defender in the second tier with more assists than the Southampton ace so far this campaign.

Although interestingly, Kyle Walker-Peters has been an ever present in a back four which has already conceded 22 goals this season.

No Championship side have conceded more goals than the Saints this season.

Walker-Peters blatantly has talent in abundance despite Southampton's defensive woes.

He has played over 100 Premier League games and represented Gareth Southgate's England as recently as 2022.

Any fee less than £20m would not be enough to tempt Southampton to let go of such a good player.

Would Southampton still finish in the top six if they sell Walker-Peters?
Possibly not.

The former Tottenham man is one of their most consistent performers and the loss of such a key player would be detrimental to Southampton's team morale.

Any Walker-Peters replacement from the transfer market would more than likely be a downgrade as he possesses such quality.

Furthermore, the Championship is blessed with quality once again and towards the end of the season there will be plenty of clubs knocking on the door of the top six.

The impact of the potential loss of Walker-Peters on Southampton could open that door to a rival club.

Kyle Walker-Peters 2023-24 season stats     Goals  Assists  Expected Goals  Expected Assists
*All stats according to Fotmob*     0.33  2.05

Who could Southampton replace Walker-Peters with?
It is arguable that Southampton's best possible Walker-Peters replacement would be their current backup option James Bree.

The former Luton man has only featured once in the Championship this season but he was a key part of Nathan Jones' Hatters side who are one of the most admired teams in recent second tier history.

Does he want to leave the club?
Seemingly not.

When speaking to the Daily Echo following summer transfer interest Walker-Peters said: "I'm really enjoying working with him.

"My main focus is on Southampton and getting the club back into the Premier League.

"Hopefully we can do that.

"First and foremost I love Southampton."

Ultimately, Southampton should not accept a fee of any less than £20m for their star man as he is comfortably one of the Championship's best players.

It is difficult to see the Saints making a swoop for a player who is definitively better than their current ace no matter how much they get.

In addition to this, there is arguably no need for Southampton to cash in on yet another key asset following the sale of many key players over the summer, including the whopping £58m they made by selling Romeo Lavia to Chelsea.

Walker-Peters is also a Premier League proven player so in the event that Southampton make an immediate return to the top flight, they already have apt quality in the form of their right-back.

It could be more beneficial in the long term to keep Walker-Peters rather than making some quick cash in January.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/if-arsenal-or-fulham-come-calling-again-southampton-should-sell-star-for-no-less-than-20m/

WhiteJC

Rene Meulensteen admits he keeps seeing 23-year-old Fulham man making the same mistake
Rene Meulensteen has shared that defender Calvin Bassey keeps making the same mistakes at Fulham as he did at previous club Ajax.

Meulensteen was speaking on TalkSPORT (24/10 9:11am) after a disappointing evening for Marco Silva's side.

Fulham went into last night's match against Tottenham with a poor league record against the North London club.

The last time Fulham beat Spurs in the Premier League was all the way back in 2013 thanks to a Dimitar Berbatov goal.

Marco Silva went into the match knowing he would be without two of his four senior centre-backs.

There was a place on the bench for Luc de Fougerolles who starred in pre-season but captain Tim Ream was partnered by Calvin Bassey.

Bassey was starting just his second league game for the club and won't want to look back on this match too closely.

Playing in an unfamiliar role as a right centre-back, he gave the ball away twice in dangerous positions and Tottenham capitalised each time.

Son Heung-min and James Maddison helped yesterday's hosts return to the top of the league, leaving Fulham looking over their shoulder.

Meulensteen has suggested that he had seen the mistakes Bassey made for Fulham yesterday already.

The 23-year-old will likely be required to start against Brighton on Sunday who will be hoping they can force the Nigerian international into making the same errors.

Meulensteen unimpressed with Fulham defender Bassey
Speaking about his old club and yesterday's defeat, Meulensteen said: "The thing is this, there's always a meaning to what you do.

"So, if you choose to play out from the back, you want to have the players that technically have the qualities to do it.

"Now that was one mistake with Fulham because I've seen [Calvin] Bassey numerous times for Ajax making the same mistake because those two passes you cannot expect players of that level to play a ball that poorly into midfield.

"If you then are out of position with the other centre-backs and full-back and the rest of your defence is not there, then that's exactly what's happened against Tottenham.

"But I have to give credit to Spurs and Ange [Postecoglou] because this is a typical aspect of Ange's game."

It will be interesting to see if Silva changes Bassey's role in Fulham's next game especially considering Meulensteen has said this is a known issue for the defender.

Bassey's best football has been played either as a left-back or a left-sided centre-back and Silva might be tempted to shift Ream onto the right instead.

He's created a fantastic partnership with Antonee Robinson and losing that would be a blow.

But considering Fulham are struggling to score goals, they need to find a way to keep them out so they can give their attackers the best chance possible.

https://www.fulham.news/2023/10/24/rene-meulensteen-admits-he-keeps-seeing-23-year-old-fulham-man-making-the-same-mistake/

WhiteJC

Fulham head coach Marco Silva signs new contract until summer of 2026
Fulham head coach Marco Silva has signed a new contract until the end of the 2025-2026.

The Portuguese won promotion from the Championship in his first season at the helm and then finished 10th in the Premier League campaign.

Silva was a target for Saudi Arabian clubs in the summer.

"I'm really pleased to sign a new contract as it was something we had been discussing for some time," said Silva.

"It's always a good sign when both parties are happy and want to continue working together. I feel the business is not done yet, we've had two great seasons, and the goal is clearly there to sustain this club in the Premier League.

"It is important to feel the trust and have the support of our owners. My relationship with them has been really important in this decision. Let's continue together on this long journey."

Fulham chairman Shahid Khan said: "This is a wonderful day for Fulham Football Club.

"Specifically, it's a fantastic moment for Fulham supporters, who deserve our very best efforts to invest in the present and future of their club, both within and around the game.

"When I first met Marco in 2021, I knew then he represented everything we needed and more from our next head coach.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/fulham-head-coach-marco-silva-signs-new-contract-until-summer-of-2026/

WhiteJC

Jürgen Klopp just saw exactly what he needs from $69m 'connector' after Liverpool transfer links
One player who's been linked with Liverpool just beat Man City's Rodri to show the Reds what they're missing after praise from Jürgen Klopp earlier this year.

On Monday night, Spurs beat Fulham 2-0 to go two points clear of Manchester City at the top of the Premier League and bump Liverpool down to fourth place. Son Heung-min and James Maddison, arguably the strongest duo in the division right now, were the scorers, finding the net 10 minutes either side of half-time.

The result means that Ange Postecoglou has made a better start than any new manager in Premier League history, when most expected a gradual and painful transition from the diametrically opposed philosophy of predecessor Antonio Conte. Still, before Spurs can be taken truly seriously by the other sides in the top four, it must prove it can beat stronger opponents. It has conceivably played all of the eventual bottom five already, and while it has also faced three of the 'big six', it was somewhat fortunate against Manchester United, and we all know what happened against Liverpool.

Monday's opponents Fulham were poor, looking like a side who will benefit from the weakness of the newly-promoted crop in its potential for survival. There was only one player who really stood out for Marco Silva's side — holding midfielder João Palhinha.

No player on the pitch won more duels (nine) than Palhinha, who contested 15 overall, and he also chipped in with three blocks (one shot, two passes), but most impressive of all were his tackling numbers. He notched as many as seven over the course of the game, with six of them in the defensive third — pointing to the effectiveness with which he shielded the back four. For reference, Rodri, widely regarded as the best number six in the league, if not the world, right now, hasn't made more than five tackles in any league game this season, although City's significantly larger possession share partly explains that.

Palhinha led Europe's big five leagues for tackles last season and, remarkably, he ranks as high as third for that metric this year (35) despite only starting six of Fulham's nine matches, and missing two altogether. Only one player in the top 20 — PSG's Manuel Ugarte — has played fewer minutes up to this point.

It's worth noting that Fulham's anchor also produced an exhibition on the ball. He completed more long passes (eight) than any outfielder, repeatedly fashioning dangerous situations by isolating his wingers against the Spurs full-backs. Unfortunately, the Cottagers weren't able to capitalize.

Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has previously called attention to Palhinha's fine distribution, referring to him as the side's 'connector' before a meeting in May (via This is Anfield). The Portuguese appears to be a player on Klopp's radar, with The Athletic naming him as an option for the Reds during their number six search last summer.

A move now appears unlikely given that Palhinha signed a new five-year deal in September in the aftermath of a dramatic deadline day, where he flew to Germany to seal a move to Bayern Munich before Fulham pulled the plug, ironically because it couldn't sign Pierre-Emile Højbjerg, one of the players he faced on Monday. Somewhat surprisingly, the new deal doesn't contain a release clause, and given that Palhinha will turn 29 before the start of next season, it seems the window for a move to an elite club may have closed, even if he is available (via Sky Sports).

But equally, with his combination of booming distribution, he's shown Liverpool exactly what it needs in its long-term defensive midfield signing. While Alexis Mac Allister has been a broadly serviceable solution up to this point, that's still an area that needs to be addressed next year.

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-transfer-links-jurgen-klopp-27970825

WhiteJC

Ex-Rangers ace Calvin Bassey endures nightmare display for Fulham
Rangers fans may have wondered just what has happened to Calvin Bassey after his display for Fulham against Tottenham Hotspur.

Defender Calvin Bassey is a perfect example of developing a cheap signing into a star.

Rangers paid a bargain £230,000 fee to sign Bassey from Leicester City back in 2020, originally signing him as a left back.

The Nigerian ended up becoming a very impressive centre back for Rangers, shining during the run to the Europa League final in 2022.

Rangers cashed in, selling Bassey for around £23million to Ajax – a staggering windfall just two years on from a bargain move to Ibrox.

Bassey didn't really shine in Amsterdam though, and was sold again this past summer as Fulham struck a £19.3million deal.

Calvin Bassey struggles in Fulham defeat
Bassey is still trying to rediscover his Rangers form but Monday was not the night for him.

The 23-year-old started as the right-sided centre back for Fulham against Ange Postecoglou's Tottenham Hotspur.

Bassey was, unfortunately, at fault for both goals in a 2-0 Spurs win.

Two wayward passes in his own half saw Tottenham cash in, punishing Bassey in brutal fashion with two well-taken goals.

This was a horror show for Bassey and the London Evening Standard rated him at just three out of 10.

They suggested that his performance was a 'shocker' for Bassey, highlighting his errors for the two Tottenham goals.

90Min went even lower with a one out of 10 rating, but Fulhamish went with five out of 10 and were understanding to the positional issue Bassey faced against Tottenham...

Bassey as a right centre back is asking for trouble
Rangers fans know Bassey as an outstanding left-sided centre back but Fulham played him on the right side against Tottenham.

Tim Ream is Fulham's left-sided centre back and with Issa Diop ruled out, Bassey was forced into action on the right side.

Many will say that professional footballers should be good on both feet, but the reality is that many players have a dominant side.

Bassey is one of those with almost all of his senior action coming either as a left back or left-sided centre back.

Throwing Bassey in on the right side was unlikely to end well and both Tottenham goals came from right-footed clearances by Bassey which missed the target.

Marco Silva had few other options but playing Bassey on the right side will have raised eyebrows in the Rangers fanbase.

Rangers supporters will feel that Bassey would give better performances in a more natural position, and we hope he gets the chance to show Fulham fans what he can do on the left side of Silva's back four.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/ex-rangers-ace-calvin-bassey-endures-nightmare-display-for-fulham/

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham Eyeing Bundesliga's Hottest Striker?
Fulham's Pursuit: A Bundesliga Goal Machine

In the heart of West London, whispers are turning into frantic phone calls, and the chatter on the banks of the Thames is centred on a certain Bundesliga sensation, Serhou Guirassy.

A Bargain in the Making?
Tucked away in the fine print of his contract at Stuttgart, a release clause of a smidgen over £15 million is generating quite the buzz. At 27, Guirassy isn't just another striker looking to make a mark. With a staggering 14 goals in just eight appearances in Germany's top tier, he's sounding alarms in boardrooms, not least at Craven Cottage. According to the Evening Standard, Fulham see him not just as a potent goal scorer but as a potential heir to the void left by Aleksandar Mitrovic's big-money move to Al-Hilal.

The Guirassy Glow: Outshining the Best
When the topic of goal-scoring prowess is discussed, the name Harry Kane usually isn't too far behind. However, this term, the tables have turned, at least in the German leagues. England's talismanic striker, currently donning the colours of Bayern Munich, has been outgunned by Guirassy, trailing the Stuttgart man by five goals.

But with such glowing credentials, Fulham are certainly not alone in their admiration. The striker's journey from French outfit Rennes to Stuttgart in the summer is well documented. Now, with the January transfer window looming, Premier League outfits are jostling for his signature.

Exploring Alternatives: Fulham's Forward Foresight
Despite Guirassy's allure, the Cottagers have their nets cast wide. The club's scouts have been clocking the miles, with names such as Genk's Gift Orban, Southampton's Carlos Alcaraz, and Sporting's Geny Catamo on their radar.

However, their recent acquisition, Raul Jimenez, has been experiencing a challenging spell. The summer import hasn't found the back of the net in his first eight outings in Fulham colours. The drought, unfortunately, dates back to March 2022.

Moreover, Marco Silva, the man orchestrating things from the Fulham dugout, seems to have reservations about Carlos Vinicius, another attacking asset. Vinicius, who was seen in action in the recent 2-0 loss to Tottenham, appears to be struggling to cement his spot.

Goal Drought: Fulham's Pressing Concern
With only the Premier League's current relegation dwellers – Burnley, Bournemouth, and Sheffield United – netting fewer than Fulham this season, the urgency to inject some firepower is palpable.

Time will tell whether Guirassy becomes the saviour they so desperately need, or if Fulham's scouting network unveils another gem. One thing's for sure – the January window promises to be an intriguing one for the Fulham faithful.

https://eplindex.com/98488/report-fulham-eyeing-bundesligas-hottest-striker.html

WhiteJC

Silva's signature should be a shot in the arm
Talk about the perfect pick-me-up after a miserable Monday. Fulham's defeat at Tottenham was depressing. I didn't think the Whites played particularly badly, especially given that Spurs are in scintillating form and riding high amidst Ange Postecoglou mania, but the manner of the goals that gave them victory proved particularly infuriating. Calvin Bassey will know he could have been smarter with the ball at his feet and the fact that Fulham still look feeble in the final third without our former number nine only compounded those defensive errors. Marco Silva looked miserable on the touchline – but he delivered the perfect response yesterday afternoon in finally putting pen to paper on the new deal that has been under discussion for many months.

Forget about the purchase of a new centre forward or the addition of the centre back we all think is desperately needed after another derby defeat, Silva's signature is the most important signing that Fulham will make this season. His achievements since arriving in SW6 have been stupendous. Not since Jean Tigana have we seen a side sweep all before them with such style and, if anything, the Portuguese coach's encore was even more impressive than the revered Frenchman. Breaking the miserable cycle of promotion followed by immediate relegation was all we craved, but reaching the top half of the top flight whilst having the courage of his convictions – and surprising English football's established order – was sensational.

You only have to be in the company of a Fulham player for five minutes to understand how Silva has changed the mindset around the club. He has an insatiable appetite for improvement and is compulsive in his search fir victory – a quality that marks out the very best managers in our game going back decades – but he remains a first-class coach. Look at the new lease of life he gave Tim Ream, somebody who have been completely ostracised by Scott Parker. Consider how classy Tom Cairney has looked since his return from a career-threatening injury lay-off and the way in which Kenny Tete has hit a new level at right back.

Silva's ambition is clearly infectious and has already served Fulham well in attracting top quality talent to Craven Cottage. Just signing a player of the pedigree of Joao Palhinha was audacious enough, but the Sporting Lisbon schemer – who had a close connection to the coach who bought him through the Portuguese giants' youth academy – then produced one of the best debut campaigns the Premier League has ever seen. Even after the collapse of his move to Bayern Munich, Palhinha was willing to sign on the dotted line. Bernd Leno, another pivotal performer over the past year, has been effusive about Silva's role in persuading him to move across London last summer and Alex Iwobi praised the head coach's belief in him after arriving from Everton.

I'll freely admit I felt that this would be Silva's last season at the Cottage after Fulham failed to build on the success of last season. It seemed as if the loyalty he had showed to the club by rejecting remarkably offers from Saudi Arabia was not returned when the ownership allowed Aleksandar Mitrovic to leave and failed to adequately replace him. Silva has been left with a squad short on both bodies and quality in crucial areas of the field and is having to mix and match in the toughest division in world football. That makes a top half finish this term almost an impossibility – so it is a huge statement that a man who will be on the shortlist of any ambitious club with a managerial vacancy has put his faith in Fulham.

We'll never know the details of the discussions Silva had with the Khans or Alistair Mackintosh and what has changed to see him sign the deal in October rather than during the summer. But the head coach's commitment must now be backed by serious spending. The Khan family have deep enough pockets and their club have the nucleus of a competitive starting eleven. A combination of shrewd signings and the gradual introduction of terrific talent from the Motspur Park academy can establish Fulham in the top flight. If Silva's loyalty is a shot in the arm to the fanbase, investment is imperative to make the most of his time in London's oldest professional football club.

The statement announcing the news was well crafted. Shahid Khan spoke of this being 'a wonderful day for Fulham Football Club' and he wasn't wrong. The words that leapt off my phone screen as I read them though were what followed from a chairman whom we haven't heard enough of in his decade of ownership. Khan senior described Silva's new contract as 'a fantastic moment for Fulham supporters, who deserve our very best efforts to invest in the present and future of their Club, both within and around the game'. That's a striking statement that must prove to be more than a superb soundbite.

January offers an opportunity for the Fulham hierarchy to match the warm words with action. The genius that is Marco Silva deserves it.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/10/silvas-signature-should-be-a-shot-in-the-arm/

WhiteJC

Premier League club to rival Nottingham Forest for Serhou Guirassy
Nottingham Forest will face competition to sign Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy if they decide to move in January. The Reds were keen to take the striker in the summer but he wanted to stay in Germany.

Guirassy is now being closely monitored by Fulham. The player has a minimum fee release clause of £15 million and with 15 goals already this season that looks a real steal.

The Cottagers will be in the market for a new striker during the mid-season window. They were forced to let Alexsandar Mitrovic leave earlier this year when Al-Hilal in Saudi Arabia came calling.

Fulham want Forest-linked Guirassy
The uncompromising Guinea international is bound to be a wanted man. He's currently outscoring Harry Kane at the top of the Bundesliga scoring charts and he'll be a wanted man.

There is every chance that Forest could still move for Guirassy. With Taiwo Awoniyi struggling to stay fit, Steve Cooper might look for some firepower alongside Chris Wood and Divock Origi.

The news of interest from Fulham comes from the Evening Standard. They believe that Marco Silva is keen to take a chance on Guirassy and he could move when the window reopens.

Forest must be in the race for clinical striker
The Reds wanted the striker in the summer. He did choose to stay at Stuttgart but that doesn't mean that he won't fancy a move in the near future if clubs come calling.

Stuttgart have been transformed this season. They've gone from being a team that almost got relegated during 2022/23 to being in the mix for a European place this season, currently sitting in second place.

Forest will now have some serious competition for the striker. They might have had a free run in the summer but given his massive goal haul, Guirassy is now in the sights of many top clubs.

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2023/10/25/premier-league-club-to-rival-nottingham-forest-for-serhou-guirassy/

ianthailand

Quote from: WhiteJC on October 25, 2023, 08:26:38 AMSilva signs new three-year contract
Fulham head coach Marco Silva has signed a new three-year contract, the club have announced this afternoon.

The Portuguese boss, who guided Fulham back to the Premier League by winning the Championship in his first season at Craven Cottage, broke the Cottagers' yo-yo cycle last year as his side surprised everyone by finishing tenth in the top flight. The former Hull City, Watford and Everton manager had been heavily linked with moves to other English sides and was the subject of repeated Saudi Arabian approaches over the summer as he entered the final year of his existing deal in SW6.

Silva, who is now contracted until the end of the 2025/2026 season, told the club's official website:

I'm really pleased to sign a new contract as it was something we had been discussing for some time. It's always a good sign when both parties are happy and want to continue working together. I feel that the business is not done yet, we've had two great seasons, and the goal is clearly there to sustain this club in the Premier League. This is key for the future of this club, and we are working hard to achieve it.

It is important to feel the trust and have the support of our owners. My relationship with them, and with Fulham Football Club as a whole, has been really important in this decision and the success of the last two seasons. The commitment and ambition that these players have demonstrated since day one has been the key to what we have achieved, and that will always continue to be the case, along with the unconditional support of our fans, who are fundamental. Let's continue together on this long journey."

Fulham chairman Shahid Khan added:

"This is a wonderful day for Fulham Football Club. Specifically, it's a fantastic moment for Fulham supporters, who deserve our very best efforts to invest in the present and future of their club, both within and around the game. I'm happy to announce that we have a new contract with Marco Silva through 2025/26, and am confident this news will inspire our players and fans, both immediately and in the seasons ahead.

When I first met Marco in 2021, I knew then he represented everything we needed and more from our next head coach. I am grateful that Marco believed, as I did, in what is possible here at Fulham, and now here we are several years later reaffirming our commitment to achieving something special for our fans. Marco and I are aligned – we have work ahead, but even more to look forward to."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/10/silva-signs-new-three-year-contract/
Not a 3 year contract. June 2024 to June 2026.