more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 25/10/23...

Started by WhiteJC, October 25, 2023, 07:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: ianthailand on October 25, 2023, 11:10:39 AM
Quote from: WhiteJC on October 25, 2023, 08:26:38 AMSilva signs new three-year contract
Fulham head coach Marco Silva has signed a new three-year contract, the club have announced this afternoon.

The Portuguese boss, who guided Fulham back to the Premier League by winning the Championship in his first season at Craven Cottage, broke the Cottagers' yo-yo cycle last year as his side surprised everyone by finishing tenth in the top flight. The former Hull City, Watford and Everton manager had been heavily linked with moves to other English sides and was the subject of repeated Saudi Arabian approaches over the summer as he entered the final year of his existing deal in SW6.

Silva, who is now contracted until the end of the 2025/2026 season, told the club's official website:

I'm really pleased to sign a new contract as it was something we had been discussing for some time. It's always a good sign when both parties are happy and want to continue working together. I feel that the business is not done yet, we've had two great seasons, and the goal is clearly there to sustain this club in the Premier League. This is key for the future of this club, and we are working hard to achieve it.

It is important to feel the trust and have the support of our owners. My relationship with them, and with Fulham Football Club as a whole, has been really important in this decision and the success of the last two seasons. The commitment and ambition that these players have demonstrated since day one has been the key to what we have achieved, and that will always continue to be the case, along with the unconditional support of our fans, who are fundamental. Let's continue together on this long journey."

Fulham chairman Shahid Khan added:

"This is a wonderful day for Fulham Football Club. Specifically, it's a fantastic moment for Fulham supporters, who deserve our very best efforts to invest in the present and future of their club, both within and around the game. I'm happy to announce that we have a new contract with Marco Silva through 2025/26, and am confident this news will inspire our players and fans, both immediately and in the seasons ahead.

When I first met Marco in 2021, I knew then he represented everything we needed and more from our next head coach. I am grateful that Marco believed, as I did, in what is possible here at Fulham, and now here we are several years later reaffirming our commitment to achieving something special for our fans. Marco and I are aligned – we have work ahead, but even more to look forward to."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/10/silva-signs-new-three-year-contract/
Not a 3 year contract. June 2024 to June 2026.

But likely also an improved contract for the current season, replacing the existing one right?

hovewhite

It's extending his stay that's the good news,think that he has had some further financial backing from SK so it's a great signing and they have bought into Marcos vision .