https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Broadband

Started by H4usuallysitting, October 26, 2023, 10:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Anyone to avoid....need a new contract

Oakeshott

Zen internet are probably not the cheapest but are head and shoulders better than others I've tried. The service is reliable and the help, when you need it, is genuinely helpful.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Oakeshott on October 26, 2023, 10:41:50 AMZen internet are probably not the cheapest but are head and shoulders better than others I've tried. The service is reliable and the help, when you need it, is genuinely helpful.

Cheers....many thanks - I'll have a look

Southcoastffc

In my part of the world (Coastal W. Sussex) we've been with BT for 10+ years with no problem.  Sky users in these parts seem to have a fair degree of problems.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Somerset Fulham

I think I have had one, maybe two outages in almost six years with NowTV.  xtIt costs ne bugger all and they also lob in the odd free entertainment/sports or movie pass too.

They are decent enough for sure.

Super Barry Hayles

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 26, 2023, 11:12:46 AMIn my part of the world (Coastal W. Sussex) we've been with BT for 10+ years with no problem.  Sky users in these parts seem to have a fair degree of problems.

Same location, same provider - pretty good customer service too
 ::thumb::

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 26, 2023, 11:22:59 AMI think I have had one, maybe two outages in almost six years with NowTV.  xtIt costs ne bugger all and they also lob in the odd free entertainment/sports or movie pass too.

Cheers....not sure what xtIt is

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 26, 2023, 11:12:46 AMIn my part of the world (Coastal W. Sussex) we've been with BT for 10+ years with no problem.  Sky users in these parts seem to have a fair degree of problems.

Cheers

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 26, 2023, 11:57:35 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 26, 2023, 11:22:59 AMI think I have had one, maybe two outages in almost six years with NowTV.  xtIt costs ne bugger all and they also lob in the odd free entertainment/sports or movie pass too.

Ha! It was literally just 'It' but I can't type properly.  :slap:

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 26, 2023, 12:15:37 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 26, 2023, 11:57:35 AM

Ha! It was literally just 'It' but I can't type properly.  :slap:

Well done..... And there's me thinking this sounds a bit technical

Sgt Fulham

Been with TalkTalk Fibre for a couple of years and had absolutely no issues. Used to have plenty of issues with Virgin Media, and had a very bad time with NowTV, so would avoid those.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on October 26, 2023, 04:13:52 PMBeen with TalkTalk Fibre for a couple of years and had absolutely no issues. Used to have plenty of issues with Virgin Media, and had a very bad time with NowTV, so would avoid those.

Many thanks

copthornemike

Look up
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/compare-broadband-deals/

Excellent site with comparisons of cost & service levels in your particular post code.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: copthornemike on October 26, 2023, 06:46:47 PMLook up
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/compare-broadband-deals/

Excellent site with comparisons of cost & service levels in your particular post code.

Cheers.... many thanks

Huxley

Find a local fibre company. Communityfibre  is available in most parts of London. Local providers have sprung up all over the country. They use BT masta outside your house. Really good customer service, IE you speak with a UK call center within 5 minutes. Avoid virgin media at all costs. When choosing a new provider ensure  the price is fixed for a certain amount and price rises are not allowed. I've been paying £25/month for 24 months for 1 GB up and down-load speeds.