watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham are BOTTOM of the penalty league

Started by Nick Bateman, October 31, 2023, 06:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Fulham hold the honourable place as bottom of the Premier League in the penalty count this season so far. We have had 3 goals against via penalties and been awarded a big fat ZERO.

Bournemouth also conceded 3 pens and were awarded 0, but Bournemouth saved 1 making it a minus 2 deficit. Next in line is league leaders Tottenham with a minus 2 and 0 awarded, while at the top of this table is Arsenal having 6 pens and only 1 against. It's only October and to have that many penalties to date is remarkable.

It shows how uphill a battle Fulham have had this season while it seems Saka can sneeze to get a spot kick! Penalties is only one identifiable stat, but it has a significant effect in results.

Check the Premier League website for more.
https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/pen_goals_conceded

Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

colossus

You usually need someone in the box for a penalty. I believe this is why we haven't received any....

Ludlow Richard

Last season Fulham had been awarded 4 penalties by the end of October (scored 3 missed 1) so Arsenal's 6 isn't so surprising given that they are near the top of the league and, as a result, get into the opposition penalty area more often than teams in the bottom half.

Twig

None of this surprises me, nor do I regard it as evidence of any sort of anti FFC conspiracy.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on October 31, 2023, 06:49:43 PMLast season Fulham had been awarded 4 penalties by the end of October (scored 3 missed 1) so Arsenal's 6 isn't so surprising given that they are near the top of the league and, as a result, get into the opposition penalty area more often than teams in the bottom half.

Yes, get into the opposition's penalty box and DIVE! And one cannot forget in the FA Cup Luke Shaw pushed Mitrovic which VAR missed, only to immediately receive a penalty against and THREE red cards from the counter-attack!

hovewhite

You don't get penaltys if you don't put players in the box this is the result.

Nick Bateman

What I have observed is a calming down of refs group actions against Fulham since Howard Webb was embarassed on Sky's analysis ref watch show calling the Manchester City offside goal a "mistake" by VAR (and the lino). Since then we haven't had a penalty against us.

One wonders if Webb read the riot act to some official and words spread around. They got the message.

DadCreature

Yeah, ball has to connect with a Fulham player in the box for us to have a chance at a call.  Not much of that going on so far this season.