watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I think we might just of seen

Started by perry geyton, November 01, 2023, 09:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Our future center back pairing right there.

Peachy Creamy

Somerset Fulham

He looks very good Perry, no question.

Early days yet though. Very early days.

Milo

BestOfBrede

bill taylors apprentice

Early days, I think I could have looked good against tonight's opposition but fair play to him.

Bassey the warrior

Both players did well, Bassey my MOM.

perry geyton

Willham

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 01, 2023, 09:49:23 PMEarly days, I think I could have looked good against tonight's opposition but fair play to him.

Personally think this is unfair to ipswich. Who are second in the championship right now, so their closer to us in league position then anyone in the top 6 of the prem.

perry geyton

Yep 32 games unbeaten at home I think the commentators said

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Willham on November 01, 2023, 10:51:34 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 01, 2023, 09:49:23 PMEarly days, I think I could have looked good against tonight's opposition but fair play to him.

Personally think this is unfair to ipswich. Who are second in the championship right now, so their closer to us in league position then anyone in the top 6 of the prem.

Maybe so but they looked a poor version of a Championship side tonight.
Partly down to the way we played but they never made it hard for us in my opinion.
I'm not complaining, just saying.

Twig

Might just have seen not, of seen. Please.

jayffc

We didnt play the ipswich that are 2nd in the championship
That was their entire B team - they made 11 changes. It was a reasonable comment entirely

Willham

Willham

Quote from: jayffc on November 02, 2023, 12:08:36 AM

We didnt play the ipswich that are 2nd in the championship
That was their entire B team - they made 11 changes. It was a reasonable comment entirely

Looking at ipswich team that played us, most of the players have played a part in the current season, one season debutant has come back from injury and expected to find a place, the other was tuanzeba, on loan from man United, who has been touted for big things, i think I've even heard rumours we were interested in him once and Tottenham.

The Law

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 01, 2023, 09:56:13 PMBoth players did well, Bassey my MOM.

Umm... what? He definitely led the team in poor passing and hospital balls.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: The Law on November 02, 2023, 05:26:22 AM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 01, 2023, 09:56:13 PMBoth players did well, Bassey my MOM.

Umm... what? He definitely led the team in poor passing and hospital balls.

Not sure I agree, I remember one hospital pass that led to a yellow for Reed but in general his passing was no worse than the others, we were pretty sloppy in possession at times. He also played a few lovely raking long balls.

Above all else though he was completely dominant in defence, he saw more action on his side with Ballou-Toure frequently pushing up the field and Cairney failing to offer the same protection Palhinha provides, understandably.

Kingjay81

The boy was composed and impressive. Ipswich were bang average and never put him under any pressure whatsoever so it's hard to properly judge. Would have been interesting to see him up against more physical, aggressive forwards but he didn't do much wrong last night so well done to him. It was a lovely moment after the final whistle when he and Tanton got shoved to the front of our fans by one of our coaches who gave them a brilliant reception.

FFC1987

Be mindful of the fact Ipswich made 11 changes from the team that started in their last league game though. Can only play whats in front of you so im not discrediting anyone on our end, but this wasn't the championship side currently 2nd in the league.

gerrys

Quote from: Twig on November 02, 2023, 12:02:39 AMMight just have seen not, of seen. Please.
The dreaded "of" verb again.....

Jim©

De Fougerolles was superb, a great debut.
Composed, classy on the ball, even started demanding the ball a bit more mid way through the first half when he clearly thought he could do this. Only slight issue was his heading as he didn't make that many.
First thing I'd be doing this morning at motspur park is a paternity test, as he's clearly got Ream's genes.