watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team with all the players having the same surname

Started by sunburywhite, January 20, 2011, 07:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

"Celtic are in pole position to sign 24-year-old Levski Sofia striker Garra Dembele, who is also being chased by several English clubs". (Daily Mail)

Seeing this I thought we could have Dembele and Dembele up front. The anorak then kicked in and I wondered if we could make a side up where all players had the same surname.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Fletchino

There is two players who have both played fir England in the same position with the same first name and the same second name who?

LBNo11

Quote from: FLETCHINO on January 20, 2011, 07:20:25 PM
There is two players who have both played fir England in the same position with the same first name and the same second name who?

...Bryan Robson? (mind you 'Pop' Robson only made the U23 England team) if not, not sure...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

CincyFulham1

Probably enough Johnsons, but I don't know about the quality of th squad.

TheDaddy

How about smith past and present

Manager Walter smith

GK

RB               CB                    CB            LB
                 Tommy Smith
                  Ex Liverpool

RM              CM                     CM           LM
                                       Alan Smith
                                       Newcastle

ST                   ST
                                   Alan Smith
                                   Ex Arsenal

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

CravenCottager

As a start:

GK –
LB –
CB – Roger Johnson
CB –
RB – Glen Johnson
LM – Adam Johnson
CM –
CM – Michael Johnson
RM -
CF – Andy Johnson
CF – Eddie Johnson
"The first 90 minutes are the most important".

jarv

Stretching a bit on Johnson....RM Jimmy Johnstone (celtic), CB derek Johnstone  (rangers).

os5889

Italian football team where every player has the same name

An Italian football team is set to enter the Guinness Book of Records for a very strange reason: all the players have the same last name of De Feo. The team, Serino from the province of Avellino, has been created by the president, whose surname is also De Feo. Maurizio De Feo, former Serie A player, has purposely created the team with the same surname for a little publicity.

The 15 minutes of fame gained come not only from the fact that every player has the De Feo name, but so do the guys on the bench, the coach, the doctor, the masseur and even the sponsors. The town's mayor has wished the team well in their pursuit of a little publicity. His name? Gaetano De Feo.

http://www.blogdolcevita.com/post/1605/italian-football-team-where-every-player-has-the-same-name

jarv

Smith.....RM Jimmy Smith (aberdeen, newcastle), CF  Bobby Smith (spuds).

finnster01

On the Smiths side, you also have the Sunderland defender that broke Arsenal's Diaby's leg in multiple places a few years back. I think his name was Danny Smith
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

CravenCottager

Wasn't there a Jemal Johnson who was a RM/CF at Blackburn?
Richards or Robinson might work too.
"The first 90 minutes are the most important".

ToodlesMcToot

I imagine it'd be fairly easy to line up a team full of Nguyen's from the V-league or Lee's from the K-League.

From an anglo perspective, I thought Johnson would be easiest.....though I don't have 11 in mind at the moment.

There is a Sean Johnson playing keeper in MLS. Jemal Johnson plays RM in League 1 now I believe.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

jarv

Seth Johnson, once of derby and England I believe. On the Smith side, talking of thugs, Denis Smith (stoke, go figure?)
Craig Johnson (liverpool)

HatterDon

Quote from: CravenCottager on January 20, 2011, 09:00:14 PM
Wasn't there a Jemal Johnson who was a RM/CF at Blackburn?
Richards or Robinson might work too.

Yes, Jemal Johnson is at MK Dons.

Certainly half of the sides in a Welsh Sunday morning league are made up of 11 Evans, right?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel