watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we are to avoid relegation

Started by The Swan, January 20, 2011, 08:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

If we are to avoid relegation this season we must win our next three home league games.
Stoke, Newcastle and Chelsea.
Our next three away games are Liverpool, Aston Villa, and Man City. I don't think we will pick up any points from of our three away games.
The Swan

ImperialWhite

Nah, don't think we need to beat Chelsea, as good as that would be.

However, winning 4 of the next 5 at home would go a long long way towards safety (Blackburn and Blackpool are after Chelsea).

TheDaddy

7 Points at home 4 points away lovely.....
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Blingo

Quote from: The Swan on January 20, 2011, 08:28:15 PM
If we are to avoid relegation this season we must win our next three home league games.
Stoke, Newcastle and Chelsea.
Our next three away games are Liverpool, Aston Villa, and Man City. I don't think we will pick up any points from of our three away games.

Are you related to Light House Mr happy?

jarv

7 points at home, 3 points away. No problem, no worries.

The Swan

Blingo.  My heart is telling me that we will avoid relegation but my head is telling me a different story.
The Swan

ImperialWhite

Quote from: The Swan on January 20, 2011, 08:41:22 PM
Blingo.  My heart is telling me that we will avoid relegation but my head is telling me a different story.

Sure you mean the other way round?

Most peoples' heads think that there are 3 worse teams than us - we're 6th in line for relegation, with odds of ~4-5.
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

Blingo

M8 there is NO WAY we are going down, we have too much quality in our team and we can only get stronger as the season progresses. AJ has got his first goal which will give him confidence and if we sign another one or two players it can only get better for us. The glass is half full m8 not half empty.

Can you honestly tell me that there are not at least 3 teams that we are NOT better than?

b+w geezer

Three more wins this season are likely to keep us up.*
Maybe that'll be more than we can manage, and it would be nice to have them in the bag soon, I agree, but in truth they don't all need have to have occurred with 10 matches still to play.

*Assuming we don't forget how to draw.