News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham are TOP of the yellow card league!

Started by Nick Bateman, November 05, 2023, 02:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

As well as being bottom of the penalties awarded with a score of minus 3 Fulham also own the dubious honour of being TOP of the number of yellow cards given against us. Paulinha seems to be targetted by refs for an automatic yellow every match as they are gearing to suspend twice this season meaning he will miss 3 matches.

Yesterday we had 5 bookings for some innocuous tackles. Certainly makes our campaign this season more difficult.

Yellow card league Nov.23/24
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

alfie

Quote from: Nick Bateman on November 05, 2023, 02:58:15 PMAs well as being bottom of the penalties awarded with a score of minus 3 Fulham also own the dubious honour of being TOP of the number of yellow cards given against us. Paulinha seems to be targetted by refs for an automatic yellow every match as they are gearing to suspend twice this season meaning he will miss 3 matches.

Yesterday we had 5 bookings for some innocuous tackles. Certainly makes our campaign this season more difficult.

Yellow card league Nov.23/24
Palhinha
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Ronnief

What did Jimenez get booked for? I didn't see him foul anyone

St Eve

Quote from: Ronnief on November 05, 2023, 04:32:42 PMWhat did Jimenez get booked for? I didn't see him foul anyone
Talking back at the ref

Whitestone

I'm not surprised. So many of the cards being dished out to us are dubious to say the least. The Palhinha one yesterday being the most recent. I'm fairly certain that he is targeted by refs on reputation only. It happened so many times last season too.

Beamer

Well it would be nice to win something this year.

Jem

"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

bill taylors apprentice

We have finally learnt to be more physical and ruthless in game management and no longer the push overs we have been in the past.

We now suffer from being seen as a bit physical but lack the status of some teams in the moaning department which prevents refs from thinking twice when dishing out the cards.

When your winning these things tend to go in your favour, it's not right but its how it is.

jarv

The quality of referees has now reached a serious depth in my opinion. Too many are just plain useless when you see one ours getting booked when, even in the same game, the darlings get away with the same action.
(Darlings = Manchester, spuds, Arsenal etc). 

I keep saying it but I am really tired of the inconsistent refs and var just makes it worse.

filham

Opposition players are aware that Palhinha is closely watched by refs and add a little extra in their tackles in the hope of winding him up in the hope of generating a card.

alfie

Quote from: filham on November 06, 2023, 06:49:07 PMOpposition players are aware that Palhinha is closely watched by refs and add a little extra in their tackles in the hope of winding him up in the hope of generating a card.
I think you have got that dead right, and of course the refs fall for it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't