more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 08/11/23...

Started by WhiteJC, November 08, 2023, 08:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Next up at Craven Cottage

Fulham FC Women return to Craven Cottage to take on Arsenal Women Academy on Sunday 19th November, kick-off 2.30pm!

The next game to grace the hallowed turf at Craven Cottage is the long awaited return to SW6 for Fulham FC Women, the side will be taking on current holders of the Capital Cup Arsenal Women Academy.

With just under two weeks to go until the fixture secure your seat today and join us at our historic home for a celebration of Women's football.

Bring friends and family to experience a unique matchday at Craven Cottage with tickets starting from just £1!

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/november/07/next-up-at-craven-cottage/

WhiteJC

'We created many chances' - Iwobi insists Fulham dominated Manchester United despite loss
Alex Iwobi has revealed that Fulham can only blame themselves for their 1-0 loss to Manchester United in a Premier League encounter last weekend and highlighted that the Cottagers dominated the game but did not take the chances that came their way.

Manchester United's Portugal star Bruno Fernandes scored the game-winning goal in the first minute of stoppage time when he stroked a low finish with clinical precision into the bottom corner after capitalizing on a poor clearance by Joao Palhinha.

In the first half, Iwobi was presented with one of those opportunities to score but his shot from outside the box went off target.

And in the second half, Fulham were asking most of the questions and came close to breaking the deadlock through Harry Wilson and Palhinha who hit their shots with great ferocity but drew saves from Manchester United goalkeeper Andre Onana.

From the total shots played by Fulham, they had an expected goals figure of 1.17, 0.43 more than their opponents Manchester United.

"Of course it's difficult to take. We had the opportunities to get a goal and we felt like we were on top of them as well, we dominated, especially in the second half," Iwobi said to Fulham's official webpage.

"But we just have to go again, put this to rest, analyse and take the positives into the next game.

"We played well. The fighting spirit was there, we created many chances, we did well with the ball.

"Like I said, I feel like in the second half we dominated much more, so we just have to take that into the next game.

"We analysed them well and I feel like it was a good performance, but it's the small details that win the game and unfortunately Man United took all three points."

After three matches without a win in the Premier League, Iwobi and his Fulham teammates will be aiming to return to winning ways when they travel to Aston Villa on Sunday in their last game before the international break.

Igho Kingsley

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=49374

WhiteJC

Birmingham City notebook: Rooney outlines Stansfield stance as Bielik makes 'new way' claim
Alex Dicken pens his latest Birmingham City notebook featuring Jay Stansfield, Krystian Bielik and Jude Bellingham

Birmingham City manager Wayne Rooney gives instructions to Jay Stansfield (Image: PA)
Wayne Rooney has stressed the importance of not putting too much pressure on top scorer Jay Stansfield.

The on-loan Fulham forward netted his fifth goal for Birmingham City in Saturday's 2-2 draw with Ipswich Town after being restored to the starting line-up by Rooney. Stansfield was omitted from the XI at Southampton before stepping off the bench to remind Rooney of his goal-scoring capabilities.

However, Rooney, like John Eustace before him, doesn't want Stansfield to become burdened by a responsibility to find the net. After all, the striker is still only 20 and learning his trade.

Rooney said: "He's a player who is really important to us but I don't think we can put all our expectations on him to play every game and be the one to score every week. When you get players in on loan you have to understand that. But he is an important player for us."

There are few better to learn from than Rooney, who is Manchester United's all-time leading goalscorer and held the England record until recently. The Blues manager revealed that Stansfield's superb finish against Southampton came straight from the training ground.

Rooney added: "He's a very good finisher and I was delighted for him because his goal was a finish we were working on with him the day before the game [Southampton] and being a bit more relaxed in front of goal, not trying to hit it too hard but more placing it, looking for more accuracy. Exactly what we worked on is how he finished."

Bielik wants to benefit from Blues' new style
Krystian Bielik became the latest victim of Rooney's tinkering on Saturday. For the first time since returning to Blues 18 months ago, Bielik was fit and named among the substitutes for a league game. That simply wouldn't have happened under Eustace.

Rooney, who is approaching one month in the job, is still assessing his players and knows more about Bielik than most having worked with him at Derby County. Only John Ruddy, Dion Sanderson and Cody Drameh have started all four of Rooney's games in charge.

The onus is on Blues' players to prove that they can adapt to Rooney's way of playing. Speaking last month, Bielik was excited at the prospect of playing Rooney-ball.

"I know the gaffer from Derby, I know Pete Shuttleworth too and I know the way they want to play. It is something good, I am really buzzing," he told Blues News. "For me as a midfielder, when we get used to that new way it will be much more enjoyable. We will play the ball more often and have more possession.

"Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed playing when John Eustace was here and our football. Just personally, it will be more enjoyable for the midfielders to play more."

Pedersen was 'sceptical' of Bellingham
Birmingham's own Jude Bellingham continues to dominate football conversations across the globe as a result of his star turns for Real Madrid and England. The 20-year-old claimed the prestigious Kopa Trophy - an award given to the best under-21 player in the world - at the Ballon d'Or ceremony last week.

More than four years have passed since Bellingham, 16 at the time, broke Trevor Francis's record to become Blues' youngest ever player. There were sceptics within Blues' dressing room, but Bellingham only required a few touches in training to prove that he belonged.

Former Blues defender Kristian Pedersen told Tipsbladet: "I don't know if the rest of us were joking a bit about it, but I was a bit sceptical at first that a 16-year-old was allowed to play for us. He has to prove himself if they think he's that good, but I myself was a little sceptical. But as long as he performs well in training, there's nothing wrong with it. And already in the first training session, some of the things he did there were amazing.

"We had an exercise, I can remember, where we did one-on-one drills. And by chance, I had to go up against Jude, and he completely sent me chasing after hotdogs. He's just really strong one-on-one. And he's smart and very mature for his age. It surprised me a lot.

"There were some mixed opinions. There was no doubt that everyone in the squad knew that Jude is a top-class player. But retiring his number after a season as a 16/17-year-old... That was quite a move by Birmingham. You can then simply say that it has turned out to be the right decision."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-rooney-stansfield-bielik-28059691

WhiteJC

Surprise as Fulham leading race for big signature – 'Strongest candidate' for 'priority target'
Fulham are leading the race to sign midfielder André from Fluminense, with Arsenal and Liverpool working on other options.

That's according to UOL, who say Fulham are the 'strongest candidate in England' to move for the midfielder, who has been scouted for months.

They report that the Fluminense star, who is also a frequent name in the Brazil squad at this point, is the 'priority target' for Marco Silva and his team.

Those in charge at Craven Cottage believe that Bayern Munich will try to sign João Palhinha again in the January transfer window and Fulham will therefore want to have a replacement wrapped up as soon as possible.

André is the man they want, and they had thought they would face competition from Arsenal and Liverpool but that does not appear to be the case as they are looking at other options. The Gunners, for example, are said to want to sign Douglas Luiz from Aston Villa.

That's not stopped the two clubs from continuing to scout the midfielder and they, alongside Fulham, sent representatives to the Copa Libertadores final this weekend to watch the player in action.

André is currently valued by Fluminense at €30-35m as he has a contract until December 2026, so Fulham will have to dig deep if they are to win the race for him.

With Palhinha possibly departing for a sum way over that, though, they would have the money to spend and now appear to be pushing ahead to ensure they win the race.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-leading-race-players-signature-strongest-candidate-priority-target/

WhiteJC

Birmingham City boss Wayne Rooney braced for Jay Stansfield blow
Latest Birmingham City news from BirminghamLive includes the disciplinary situation before the trip to Sunderland

Jay Stansfield is the latest Birmingham City player walking the disciplinary tightrope.

Juninho Bacuna served a one-match ban against Southampton two weeks ago for accumulating five yellow cards, and Krystian Bielik is due to miss this weekend's trip to Sunderland. Polish midfielder Bielik picked up his fifth booking of the season after coming on as a substitute in the draw with Ipswich Town on Saturday.

And star striker Stansfield - who is Blues' top scorer with five goals - is now in danger of suspension. The 20-year-old has tallied four yellow cards to date in matches with Watford, QPR, Huddersfield and Southampton.

Blues manager Wayne Rooney will be hoping Stansfield can avoid another booking until after the amnesty on December 2. The first yellow card amnesty of the season, which means players will no longer receive a ban for five bookings, comes into force after the 19th game of the season.

Blues still have to play Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Blackburn Rovers and Rotherham before it kicks in. In order to avoid a ban, Stansfield must not receive a yellow card in any of those matches.

There are other Blues players who are in danger of incurring a suspension. Croatian midfielder Ivan Sunjic, who has started three of Rooney's four games in charge, is currently on three bookings. Kevin Long and Manny Longelo have also been booked three times.

Blues' yellow cards
Krystian Bielik - 5

Juninho Bacuna - 5

Jay Stansfield - 4

Ivan Sunjic - 3

Manny Longelo - 3

Kevin Long - 3

Lee Buchanan - 3

Emanuel Aiwu - 2

Cody Drameh - 2

John Ruddy - 2

Dion Sanderson - 2

Jordan James - 1

Gary Gardner - 1

Tyler Roberts - 1

Koji Miyoshi - 1

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-boss-wayne-rooney-28060442

WhiteJC

Fulham leading race to sign Andre
Fulham are leading the race to sign Brazilian midfielder Andre, according to a report from Brazilian media outlet UOL.

The Cottagers are in the market to sign a new midfielder, and Andre has emerged as a "priority" target for Marco Silva.

Fulham could lose Joao Palhinha at some point in the future, and they are actively looking for a replacement. The youngster is also closely monitored by Arsenal and Liverpool, and Fluminense value him at around £30m.

He has emerged as a key player for the club and is seen as one of the rising stars of Brazilian football. All three clubs have sent their representatives to watch Andre recently, but it appears that Fulham are leading the race at the moment.

The 21-year-old has a contract at the Brazilian club until 2026.

Replacement for Palhinha?
Fulham have done incredibly well for Silva but to stay in the Premier League and do consistently well, they need to have quality players.

Palhinha has been immense for the club over the past 18 months and his outstanding performances haven't gone unnoticed. Bayern Munich made an attempt to sign him before and there is a feeling that they could come again for him.

Arsenal are showing keen interest in signing Aston Villa midfielder Douglas Luiz which means the door could be open for Fulham to sign him if they can submit a good offer.

Liverpool could be an interesting option as well, but Jurgen Klopp may have other plans. Andre is a quality defensive midfielder and he would be a like-for-like replacement for Palhinha.

https://sports-view.co.uk/2023/11/fulham-leading-race-to-sign-andre

WhiteJC

Liverpool move onto other targets as Fulham begin talks for Andre
Liverpool have moved on to other targets following their interest in Andre, FootballTransfers has learned.

The Reds have been linked to signing the Brazilian international for an extended period but it's our information that the club have informed his side that they are now looking at alternatives.

Fulham have been reported as the frontrunners but sources have told us that no proposals have been sent to Fluminense so far, withstanding the ones that were made over the summer window. The club are now looking for around €30 million - €40 milllion to sell the 22-year-old.

It's been stressed, too, that the January window is still a couple of months away and it could be that more names come to the table for the youngster's signature.

Fluminense secured victory against their Argentine rivals, Boca Juniors, in an extra-time showdown on Saturday night, in the view of several Premier League head scouts who were in attendance, as previously reported.

Andre said about the prospective of moving to the Premier League. "I follow the Premier League a lot. It's a very competitive league that demands a lot from players. But today my dream is to live day by day here in Fluminense. I don't know what will happen in the future. I have a long contract at Fluminense [which runs until the end of 2026] and I really like being here.

After being asked specifically about Liverpool and their manager Jurgen Klopp by AS before the match, he explained: "I follow overseas games a bit and I know that their work is exceptional.

"Without a doubt, he is a great coach - very intelligent and successful. But at the moment my coach is [Fernando] Diniz, a person I appreciate a lot off the field and who understands my style of play. I know how much I have grown in the field under his direction."

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/tag/exclusive-newsnow/liverpool-transfer-news-andre-fulham-jacque-talbot

WhiteJC

Fulham lead Liverpool in race for £30m star despite failing with £18m bid
Fulham are reportedly leading the race for the £30 million-rated Fluminense midfielder Andre Trindade despite interest from Premier League giants Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur.

Yes, you read that right Fulham fans.

Of course, a lot could change between now and the close of the January window. But reports from Brazil suggesting that Marco Silva's Cottagers are currently in pole position for arguably the continent's best young midfielder – Andre Trindade enhancing his reputation in that Copa Libertadores final triumph over Boca Juniors – is bound to raise expectations in the white corner of West London.

Particularly at a time in which strike sensations Santiago Gimenez, Gift Orban and Serhou Guirassy are also being linked.

Fulham lead Andre Trindade race
Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham United and Liverpool all scouted Andre as Fluminense were crowned the champions of South America for the very first time over the weekend. La Flu president Mario Bittencourt, meanwhile, confirmed discussions with Liverpool over the summer.

Andre, at the time, opted to stay put until that Boca clash was out the way.

Now, Fulham might pale in comparison to the size and stature of Arsenal and Liverpool. But what they lack in star power, the Cottagers could make up for by offering 21-year-old Andre regular, first-team football.

A Palhinha replacement?
Andre, a rambunctious ball-winner who loves to snatch back possession and start attacks with his smart passing range, could form an imperious partnership with Joao Palhinha at the heart of Fulham's midfield. UOL believe that the former could even replace the latter, should Bayern Munich succeed where they failed over the summer in pursuit of the Portuguese powerhouse.

Liverpool have been reportedly scouting Andre for around 18 months. Fulham, however, are not exactly new to the party themselves, however. The Londoners reportedly had an £18 million bid rejected in January, Andre's price-tag rising considerably since then (Jorge Nicola).

Fluminense captain Nino, meanwhile, is expected to join Nottingham Forest. Jhon Arias could end up at Wolves or West Ham.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/11/07/fulham-lead-liverpool-in-race-for-30m-star-despite-failing-with-18m-bid/

WhiteJC

Why Fulham have gained upper hand in Andre transfer amid Liverpool interest – report
Liverpool may have passed on the upper hand in talks for Andre this January after opting to pursue alternative targets.

Jacque Talbot, reporting for FootballTransfers, confirmed on X (formerly Twitter) that the Cottagers remain 'keen' on the Fluminense star.

It's understood, however, as per the journalist's report, that Marco Silva's men have yet to submit a proposal for the Copa Libertadores winner.

Why the change of heart?
It remains unclear why exactly Liverpool have decided on this plan of action ahead of the January window.

Andre had arguably distinguished himself as a footballer of note in Fluminense's cup win, reportedly attracting interest from fellow Premier League rivals Arsenal.

The price-tag (€30m-€40m) hardly seems prohibitive – especially for a position we must strengthen as soon as possible – and the player fits the ideal age profile (22) desired.

It wouldn't be entirely out of character, of course, to witness the club produce a new name seemingly out of thin air!

In the meantime, we can only speculate as to the reason behind Liverpool's change of heart.

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2023/11/07/fulham-upper-hand-over-liverpool-andre-transfer/

WhiteJC

Fulham are front runners in Andre chase
Fulham have vaulted to the front of the queue in the race to sign Fluminense's new Brazilian international Andre, according to reports from Brazil.

UOL correspondent Bruno Andrade suggests that the Whites have the upper hand over Premier League rivals Arsenal and Liverpool, who have moved on to alternative targets, after Marco Silva made the holding midfielder his January 'priority'. The Fluminense president Mario Bittencourt has also claimed that the club are poised to sell the in-demand schemer for a club record fee of around £30m following their participation in the Club World Cup at the end of January.

The Brazilian press claim that Fulham's prolonged pursuit of Andre, which saw the Whites fail with two bids over the summer, has intensified after Bayern Munich came close to signing Joao Palhinha in September. The Portuguese midfielder signed a new deal at Craven Cottage last month but his continued excellence in the Premier League could attract serious interest when the window reopens in the new year. We understand that the Whites are reluctant to lose Palhinha in January and that the move for Andre has been revived as Fluminense insisted they would not sell the midfielder until the conclusion of the Copa Libertadores.

With both Liverpool and Arsenal looking elsewhere for ballast at the base of their midfield, Fulham could capitalise by firming up a move having scouted the talented youngster during their Copa Libertadores campaign, which culminated in their win over Boca Juniors after extra time at the weekend. Andre marked his 150th Fluminense appearance with the opening goal in the quarter final success against Olimpia and has since been capped twice at senior level.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/11/fulham-are-front-runners-in-andre-chase/

WhiteJC

Everton v Fulham Carabao Cup Ticket News

CARABAO CUP QUARTER-FINAL
EVERTON v FULHAM
GOODISON PARK
TUESDAY 19 DECEMBER 2023
KICK-OFF 7.45PM

Season Ticket Members who have subscribed to the Auto Cup scheme by 4pm on Monday 13 November should note that payment will be taken on Tuesday 14 November. Please ensure sufficient funds are in your account, as any failed payments may result in non-entry to the game. Further information on how to enrol into the Auto Cup scheme can be seen by clicking here.

Tickets will go sale to Season Ticket Members from 10am on Wednesday 15 November and will have until 4pm on Monday 20 November to purchase their own seat.

Official Members can purchase from 10am on Tuesday 21 November. Those supporters wishing to purchase during this priority period can do so by joining the Official Membership scheme by clicking here. Additionally, any Season Ticket Members who did not claim their own seat and should wish to purchase alternative seat(s) can do so in this priority window.

Tickets are limited to one per member. Supporters should note that in order to accrue an individual booking history, unique supporter numbers must be given for each attending supporter at point of purchase.

Subject to availability, tickets will go on general sale from 10am on Thursday 23 November.

Tickets for this fixture are priced as below:

Adults (18-64) £30

65+ £20

Under-18 £5

We strongly advise supporters to purchase tickets in advance of the game to avoid delays.

Tickets can be purchased online, over the phone on 0151 556 1878 or in person at the Goodison Road ticket office. Opening times for all our ticketing outlets can be found here.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/3772494/everton-v-fulham-carabao-cup-ticket-news

WhiteJC

Last Chance: Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Survey
Complete the survey for your chance to win!

Fulham Football Club is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. The Club continues to strive to promote positive policies, and prohibit & prevent unlawful or unfair discrimination across all business operations and on a matchday.

As part of our ongoing commitment towards achieving equality in everything we do, the Club is monitoring the diversity of our supporters and local community members associated with the Club.

We are encouraging all 2023/24 Season Ticket Holders and Match Attendees* to share their thoughts with us.

The survey linked below has been designed to help us carry out this process and we hope you will assist us by completing it.

As a thank you for your time, each supporter that completes the survey will be automatically entered into our competition to win a 2023/24 Home or Away Shirt.

Please complete the survey by 9pm on Friday 10th November to be entered into the prize draw.

HAVE YOUR SAY

*Supporters must have attended a Fulham Football Club fixture at Craven Cottage or Motspur Park within the last 12 months in order to complete the survey.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/november/07/last-chance-equality-diversity-inclusion-survey/

WhiteJC

With Fulham leading transfer race, club president expects 'stratospheric offer' for player
Earlier today, reports from Brazil emerged saying Fulham are leading the race for Fluminense midfielder André.

Even though the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool are also said to be interested in him, it's the Whites who have the most advanced contacts for the signing.

As Fluminense president Mario Bittencourt was today interviewed by Sportv, he talked a little about the midfielder's situation.

Without mentioning Fulham or any potential destinations for the player, the club chief made it clear that his idea is to make a huge sale.

"We're waiting. Today, there is no concrete offer for André. But we're sure that after the Club World Cup – he's going to play in the Club World Cup – a stratospheric offer will come in. It could be the biggest sale in the club's history," Mario Bittencourt told Sportv.

The word in the Brazilian media has been that Fluminense want at least €35m for his sale. He's the biggest star coming out of a team who've just won the Copa Libertadores.

Several English clubs were said to be watching the player in action in the final against Boca Juniors at the weekend, so Fulham should definitely watch out for the competition for the signing.

The reason Bittencourt makes it clear that André will feature in the Club World Cup is that most people in Brazil have no idea of how the European calendar works, as the season in South America ends in early December.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-leading-transfer-race-club-president-expects-stratospheric-offer-player/

WhiteJC

Gillingham 0-1 Fulham U21s

A first EFL Trophy win of the campaign saw Fulham Under-21s book their place in the knockout stages of the competition.

Hayden Mullins' side travelled to Kent on Tuesday night to take on League Two outfit Gillingham, and emerged victorious courtesy of Aaron Loupalo-Bi's first half strike.

A win would guarantee our progress in the cup provided Leyton Orient did not thump Portsmouth in the other Group M tie, but they slipped to a 2-1 defeat.

Fulham almost found themselves in front inside 90 seconds when home goalkeeper Glenn Morris cannoned his clearance into Luke Harris, with Imani Lanquedoc picking up the scraps before seeing his effort deflect marginally wide.

It was Lanquedoc who forced the first save of the game 11 minutes later when he stung the palms of Morris following good hold-up play from Loupalo-Bi.

Steven Benda was soon called into action at the other end, but he comfortably kept out Max Ehmer's close range header.

The cup tie had begun to open up, with Harris rattling a half volley wide before Matty Macarthur cut inside and drew another stop from Benda.

Loupalo-Bi then threatened to capitalise on a misplaced throw-in from the opposition, but his 20 yarder whistled shy of the near post, before he set up Ollie O'Neill for a curler that was well blocked on its way over.

Fulham worked the subsequent corner neatly, with Tyrese Francois threading a ball through to O'Neill, but again the skipper saw his effort repelled.

The opener arrived in slick fashion. Harris' vision saw him release Chris Donnell who had made a smart run into the box, with the Australian drilling a ball across the face for Loupalo-Bi to gobble up.

It took a while for the same intensity to materialise after the restart, with 20 minutes passing before the first opportunity of note, when Donnell headed Lanquedoc's deep cross over.

That sparks Gills into life, with Tom Nichols' wicked free-kick headed for the postage stamp until Harris bravely stuck his head in the way.

The best save of the night arrived in the 73rd minute, when Benda showed zero signs of rustiness from his recent injury in getting down to Lewis Walker's firm strike.

Another goal would all but confirm Fulham's progression and we threatened it with good play from our left-flankers, with winger O'Neill returning a one-two to full-back Jonathan Esenga who fired over.

O'Neill was provider again as we entered the final 10, firing a ball across the face for Loupalo-Bi to attack. His diverted effort on goal appeared to deflect over, but goal kick was the verdict.

Some home fans thought Walker had snatched an equaliser when his snapshot disturbed the netting, but thankfully it had flown the wrong side – from their perspective – of the post.

The Young Whites had seven minutes of stoppage time to navigate in order to secure safe passage to the knockouts, and it needed two brilliant bits of defending midway through from Harvey Araujo to preserve the lead, with a vital header and block repelling two dangerous attacks to book our spot in the next phase of the competition.

Gillingham: Morris, Orji, Ehmer, Ogie (Masterson 45'), Clark, Chambers (Clarke 75'), Dieng (Coleman 62'), Walker, Lapslie (Williams 61'), MacArthur (Bonne 75'), Nichols

Subs: Alexander, Masterson, Williams, Clarke, Coleman, Turner, Bonne

Fulham U21: Benda, Tanton, Araujo, Odutayo, Esenga, Donnell (Okkas 92'), Francois (Pajaziti 64'), Harris, Lanquedoc (Gordon 85'), Loupalo-Bi (Sekularac 85'), O'Neill

Subs: Borto, Okkas, Pajaziti, Gordon, Williams, Sekularac, Osmand

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/november/07/Gillingham-0-1-Fulham-U21s/

WhiteJC

Fulham leading race to sign Andre
Fulham are leading the race for the signatures of 22-year-old Brazilian midfielder Andre amidst interest from Arsenal and Liverpool.

According to a report by UOL, Fulham are front-runners for the signatures of Andre. The 22-year-old has been a consistent performer for Fluminense and he is on the radar of some of the biggest clubs in world football.

Andre has come through the ranks at the club. He made it to their first team back in March 2021 and has gone from strength to strength since. His impressive performances have resulted in him getting called up to the Brazil national team.

In the ongoing season, the 22-year-old has featured in 53 games and he has been on the pitch for close to 4,700 minutes. The Brazil international is one of the mainstays of the club but he might soon part ways with them given the amount of interest in his services.

Despite having a contract that runs until the end of 2026, Andre is expected to be on the move in 2024. Fulham are one of the clubs interested and according to the report, they are leading the race for his services at this point in time.

Marco Silva is keen on adding a new midfielder to his ranks and Andre is a priority target for the Portuguese manager. The Cottagers believe Bayern Munich could return for the services of João Palhinha in the winter. As a result, they are looking to plan the arrival of a replacement.

Fulham have been scouting him for a while now and their scouts were present in the stands to watch the Copa Libertadores final between Fluminense and Boca Juniors. But, they were not the only ones keeping a close eye on the 22-year-old even scouts from Liverpool and Arsenal were also tracking Andre.

The Merseyside club haven't completed their midfield overhaul yet. They are looking for another defensive midfielder and they have had their eyes on Brazil for months now.

As far as the Gunners are concerned, Mikel Arteta is looking for more depth in the centre of the park. He wants someone who helps their cause in the long run and Andre is one of the targets.

While both Arsenal and Liverpool are keen on having him in their ranks, Andre is not their first priority. And, according to the report Fulham are best placed to land him in the winter.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/11/08/fulham-leading-race-to-sign-andre/

WhiteJC

Loupalo-Bi sends Fulham U21s into knockout phase
Birthday boy Aaron Loupalo-Bi fired Fulham under 21s into the knockout stages of the Football League Trophy by scoring the winner at Gillingham this evening.

The in-form England under-19 international lashed in a cross from Chris Donnell after excellent play from Luke Harris just before half time to seal a vital win over League Two outfit Gillingham at Prestfield and ensure Hayden Mullins' men progressed from the group stage with a hard-fought victory following impressive draws at Portsmouth and Leyton Orient in their previous two fixtures.

The three points Fulham picked up in Kent – combined with Orient's defeat against Portsmouth – ensured the under-21s progressed to the knockout stages of the tournament for the first time. It was a fitting reward for the young Whites' sense of adventure, typified by the way the visitors flew out of the blocks. They might have been in front inside ninety seconds when Imani Lanquedoc watched his deflected effort fall just wide after Harris had charged down a clearance from Gills goalkeeper Glenn Morris.

Lanquedoc then forced a smart save from Morris after Loupalo-Bi had shielded the ball superbly from the home defenders before Steven Benda, making his second start at under-21 level having returned to full training following the knee injury that has kept him out for the best part of the year, held a Max Ehmer header. Harris hammered a half volley wide and Benda did well to keep out an effort from Matty Macarthur before the away side finished the first half on the front foot.

Loupalo-Bi nearly punished an errant throw with an audacious strike that flew fractionally wide and then turned provider for Ollie O'Neill, with the skipper's volley diverted over the bar by a defender. The Irish under-21 international had enough strike blocked from a well-worked short corner but the Whites' pressure told two minutes before half time. Harris unlocked the home defence with a brilliant ball for Donnell and the Australian's ball was clinically converted by the lively Loupalo-Bi.

Fulham were fluent in their passing and movement after the break but clear cut chances took a while to materialise. Donnell perhaps should have done better than head over the bar from a lovely Lanquedoc cross, but the hosts eventually laid siege to the visitors' goal in the closing stages. Harris did brilliantly to head away a goalbound free-kick from Tom Nichols before Benda made a magnificent stop to keep out a drive from Lewis Walker.

The Londoners came close to a killer second goal on the counter-attack when a lovely left-wing link-up between O'Neill and Jon Esenga saw the full back shoot over the top and Loupalo-Bi had a shot deflected over after latching onto more outstanding vision from the captain. Instead, Mullins' men had to resist a late Gills onslaught as Walker shot into the side netting and two diligent bits of defending from Harvey Araujo in the seven minutes of stoppage time preserved Fulham's slender advantage.

GILLINGHAM: Morris, Orji, Ehmer, Ogie (Masterson 45), Clark, Chambers (Clarke 75), Dieng (Coleman 62), Walker, Lapslie (Jonny Williams 61), MacArthur (Bonne 75), Nichols. Subs (not used): Turner, Alexander.

FULHAM UNDER 21s: Benda; Tanton, Esenga, Araujo, Odutayo; Donnell (Okkas 90+2), Francois (Pajaziti 64); Lanquedoc (Gordon 85), O'Neill, Harris; Loupalo-Bi (Sekularac 85). Subs (not used): Borto, Jay Williams, Gofford, Osmand.

BOOKED: Odutayo, O'Neill.

GOAL: Loupalo-Bi (43).

REFEREE: Craig Hicks.

ATTENDANCE: 1,226.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/11/loupalo-bi-sends-fulham-u21s-into-knockout-phase/

WhiteJC

Tottenham Hotspur plotting January move for Nigerian centre-back after injury to key player
Nigerian defender Tosin Adarabioyo has been linked once again with Tottenham Hotspur.

According to Football Insider, the north London have set their sets on the Fulham centre-back as they seek to make up for the loss of their key player Micky van de Ven, who has started every single game played by Tottenham Hotspur so far in the 2023-2024 season.

Tottenham centre-back options have depleted with van de Ven picking up an injury in their loss to Chelsea on Monday night and are now keen to add a centre-back in the January transfer window.

Ange Postecoglou's side have had a dream start to the season, losing one Premier League game so far and wouldn't want injuries to deter their aspirations.

They have drawn up a shortlist of centre-back targets, including Adarabioyo, Bayer Leverkusen's Edmond Tapsoba and Bournemouth's defender Lloyd Kelly on the three-man list.

The Manchester City Academy product is running into the final months of his contract with Fulham but is considering extending his stay at the club which could dent the hope of Spurs signing him.

He is yet to make any Premier League start this term for the Cottagers due to a groin injury

Abdulkareem Abdulhamid

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=49380

WhiteJC

"The right decision is..." - Carlton Palmer warns Fulham against Birmingham City, Jay Stansfield call
Striker Jay Stansfield has impressed on loan at Birmingham City this season.

EFL pundit Carlton Palmer believes Fulham should not recall Jay Stansfield from Birmingham City in January, as loaning him out was the right decision for his development.
    Stansfield has impressed at Birmingham, scoring five goals in 12 appearances, and is thriving on loan, benefiting from regular football in the Championship.
    Fulham's lack of goals may tempt them to bring Stansfield back, but he is unlikely to be guaranteed a starting spot and should be allowed to continue his progress at Birmingham.

EFL pundit Carlton Palmer believes Fulham should not recall striker Jay Stansfield from Birmingham City in January.

Stansfield joined the Blues on loan this summer, and he has impressed at St Andrew's, scoring five goals in 12 appearances so far.

The 20-year-old was on the scoresheet once again the 2-2 home draw with Ipswich Town on Saturday, his second goal in as many games, and manager Wayne Rooney has no doubt about his importance to the team.

"He's a player who is really important to us but I don't think we can put all our expectations on him to play every game and be the one to score every week. When you get players in on loan you have to understand that. But he is an important player for us," Rooney told Birmingham Live.

However, Stansfield's excellent form has led to speculation that he could be recalled by Fulham in January, particularly considering the Cottagers' goalscoring problems.

Aleksandar Mitrovic departed Craven Cottage for Al Hilal this summer, and the club's strikers have struggled to replace his goals, with Bobby Decordova-Reid scoring twice and Carlos Vinicius netting once, while Raul Jimenez is yet to get on the scoresheet.

After picking up just one point from their first four games under Rooney, Birmingham currently sit 15th in the Championship table, six points from the play-off places, and they are back in action when they face Sunderland at the Stadium of Light on Saturday.

What did Carlton Palmer say?
Speaking exclusively to Football League World, Palmer urged Fulham to allow Stansfield to remain at Birmingham for the rest of the season.

"Fulham are on a disappointing run in the league at present," Palmer said.

"When that happens, there is always a conversation about players who have been sold or loaned out.

"The conversation is about the young centre-forward, Jay Stansfield, who was loaned out to Birmingham, should Fulham have loaned him out in the first place, and should Fulham recall him now?

"Given his form at Birmingham, the simple answer is Fulham loaned him out to get valuable game time and experience, you want to see what is happening now, that he is flourishing and doing well at Birmingham.

"Had he stayed at Fulham, he would not be getting the minutes he needs to progress, so the right decision was to loan him out, and the right decision is not to recall him because he won't play regularly at present.

"Leave him where he is and let him continue his progress."

Should Fulham recall Jay Stansfield from Birmingham City in January?
It is difficult to disagree with Palmer that Fulham should opt against recalling Stansfield.

The Cottagers have scored just nine goals in their first 11 league games, with Marco Silva rotating between Jimenez, Vinicius and Muniz, so it is easy to see why he would be tempted to bring Stansfield back.

But the striker is thriving on loan at Birmingham, and he is unlikely to be guaranteed a starting spot at Craven Cottage given the competition for places.

Stansfield is a player with a lot of potential, and a full season of regular football in the Championship will be hugely beneficial for him.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/birmingham-city-the-simple-answer-is-carlton-palmer-on-fulhams-jay-stansfield-recall-dilemma/

WhiteJC

Liverpool, Fulham transfer plan vanquished as Fabrizio Romano reveals astonishing new €35m gatecrash
Liverpool and Fulham appear to be falling behind in the race to sign Fluminense midfielder Andre after Fabrizio Romano revealed another European heavyweight had entered the race to sign the Brazilian.

The Reds invested heavily on rebuilding their midfield over the summer with £145.2m spent bringing in Alexis Mac Allister, Dominik Szoboszlai, Ryan Gravenberch and Waturu Endo. And while the first three have quickly established themselves as first-choice picks under Jurgen Klopp, Japan star Endo appears little more than a squad player and short-term fix at Liverpool.

To that end, the Merseysiders remain actively in their hunt to strengthen their midfield further with Klopp reportedly stepping up his chase to sign Fluminense midfielder Andre in January.

The 22-year-old was the subject of an approach by the Reds over the summer, only for the Brazilian side to quickly waft away their approaches.

Indeed, they were unwilling to sell Andre while still active in the Copa Libertadores; a stance that has since paid off handsomely with the Brazilian side lifting the trophy and becoming champions of South America courtesy of a 2-1 win over Boca Juniors on Saturday.

Now, though, their president admits his club are open to the sale of the midfielder – and are expecting what he has described as a "stratospheric proposal" to tempt them into business once the January window opens.

"We are waiting. Today, there is no concrete proposal for Andre," Fluminense president Mario Bittencourt told Globo Esporte. "But we are sure that after the [Club] World Cup – he will play in the World Cup – a stratospheric proposal will arrive.

"It could be the biggest sale in the club's history. We could possibly lose both [Andre and Nottingham Forest target Nino], but we are working hard to replace them."

Napoli pounce into Andre transfer race
Sadly for Liverpool, they appear to have faded quite rapidly from the picture Andre transfer picture. That's after reports on Tuesday afternoon stated Fulham had leapt into the picture and were pushing forwards with a plan to sign him in a £26m (€30m) agreement.

The Cottagers are in the market for a new defensive midfielder with Bayern Munich expected to step up their pursuit for Joao Palhinha, having narrowly failed to beat the deadline to sign the Portugal star in the summer.

As such, Marco Silva and Co reportedly see Andre as a ready-made replacement for the tigerish former Sporting Lisbon man.

However, both Premier League sides could be beaten to the punch after it emerged that Napoli were also looking to gatecrash the prospective deal.

And they appear willing to go as high as €35m (£30m) to beat the Reds and Fulham to the signing of the one-times capped Brazil midfielder.

According to Italian journalist Giovanni Scotto, Napoli are very much active in pursuit of Andre, though there appears some confusion over the possible fee.

"Napoli will be active in the January transfer market, they're following the Brazilian midfielder Andre, from Fluminense, who has just won the Copa Libertadores.

"He's born in 2001, he costs around €15m, he's a midfielder who can also be a tackler as well as a playmaker. It could be a good reinforcement," he stated.

However, rival reports claim Napoli are willing to go as high as €35m for Andre with Fluminense ready to pocket a club-record fee in the process.

Fabrizio Romano provides update on Liverpool transfer interest
That comes after Fabrizio Romano also suggested Liverpool were fading from the Andre transfer pursuit when providing an update on the protracted transfer chase in his Transfer Debrief podcast.

"He remains on Liverpool's list," the transfer expert confirmed. "However, it sounds like other clubs are also right in the mix, too.

"But from what I'm hearing, it's not only Liverpool. There are more clubs from Europe trying to understand the conditions of the deal and what Fluminense would be open to accepting in January.

"I think in the next few weeks, the situation could be more clear because discussions can then take place to understand the final price, the intention of the player. But Liverpool are still interested. Let's see if they'll spend money because I think it'll be €35 to €40m [£30-35m]. But he remains appreciated by those at Liverpool."

Andre himself admitted in the build up to the Copa Libatadores final that he has been the subject of an approach from Liverpool, though remains open-minded over his future.

He said: "In this past window I didn't talk about it, the first time I'm going to talk in more depth will be now. It really was an irrefutable proposal from the club that plays in a big league.

"I think every player one day dreams of playing for a big club in Europe, in a big league. But I decided to keep my word because when the January window closed, [Fluminense manager, Fernando] Diniz arrived and told me that he wanted me here until the end of the year.

"We didn't know that a proposal of that amount would arrive and I told him that, regardless of what happened, I would be there until the end of the season.

"It ended up passing and arriving in the middle of the year, we were still in the round of 16 of the Copa Libertadores. It was a very difficult decision to make."

Andre Trindade hints at future transfer
As for a future transfer, Andre  continued: "At the end of the year, I don't know what will happen, many things could happen.

"I'm sure that just having arrived here, knowing that it worked, was something that helped me a lot as a person and also helped me in my career.

"I think that as Diniz said, when we make the right choice, when we are faithful and when we act honestly, good things always happen ahead."

Andre has been with Fluminense since his youth, making his debut in 2020 and going to appear in 160 games for the club, scoring seven times and is rated as one of Brazilian foootball's elite defensive midfielders and heir to Casemiro's throne.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/liverpool-fulham-transfer-plan-vanquished-fabrizio-romano-reveals-astonishing-e35m-gatecrash