watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spend 100m on January or we’re doomed.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, November 12, 2023, 02:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc73

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on November 12, 2023, 03:00:41 PMI thought I'd be getting more schtick for my emotionally driven post - glad to see I'm not alone. Palhina def won't want to stay for this.

Palhinha was targeted by McGinn & Villa from the off today. Clear tactic to get our main man booked and thus nullify his presence in the middle of the park.

Not only may he want a crack at Champions League football if Bayern come back in for him, he may also have had enough of refs & opposing sides gunning for him.

bobbo

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 12, 2023, 02:52:38 PMThe point is buying to strengthen the side. Will repeat that not only did we always have the likelihood of second season syndrome. We also were attacked by a Nation state that took our best forward and threatened more. Then a European giant came in for our best player.

So the entire close season was spent trying to hold onto what we had.

Since then the players we have have not found the form of last season and the coach doesn't seem to have found out what the best side or formation is so far. These are tough times but throwing money for the sake of it is really secondary to finding the right players in the right positions.
so right just a glance of how Brentford have done so well on a smallish budget.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

colinwhite

amounts probably to the same thing Im afraid.

Al-Fayed

We overpaid by a few million for Bassey and Diop, so I hope we're not going to panic buy some average players. For example, Beto was some people's pick on the forum, but he has had 8 Premier League appearances for Everton to date with no goals on the back of a career that suggests he's not a heavy goalscorer. The truth is that most of the names suggested on the forum would never come to Fulham because they have the chance of going to a club playing Champions League football or to one with world status. Mitro turned out well but he had scored 14 goals in 3-4 seasons for Newcastle, so it's really a question of insightful recruitment, which is easier said than done, of course.

love4ffc

I just can't see it happening in the January window but if Fulham were to spend 100M in the January window.  Where does everyone see that money being spent?

I'd love to see the following.
22M – Striker
10M – left winger to give better competition to Willian.
10M – New right winger to improve on what is available. 
10M – to improve the number 10 spot and replace Pereira. 
10M - Right-footed CB – to replace the left-footed Bassey and provide competition for Diop. 

What is more likely to happen is money spent on a striker, hopefully, a winger and a CB.  Throw in a couple of domestic loans and that will be about all we can hope for. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

filham

Quote from: ron on November 12, 2023, 04:19:10 PMWe have three things in our favour atm... Luton, Sheffield United and Burnley.

And at this moment our season's focus is finishing at least with a better goal difference than those three. Nothing more unless a big investment in January if that can be possible.
Two of those score a few goals and put together a couple of wins more than us  and we are right at the bottom of the table in a relegation spot with them.

Remember the target is 40 points for the season, we are running behind that target now.

hovewhite

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 12, 2023, 04:41:20 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on November 12, 2023, 04:38:40 PMlike driving Marco silva out of the club ?
No, driving the inept senior management and ownership out of the club.
good post the bed wetters will be up in arms on here.

FreiBird

Quote from: filham on November 12, 2023, 06:41:58 PM
Quote from: ron on November 12, 2023, 04:19:10 PMWe have three things in our favour atm... Luton, Sheffield United and Burnley.

And at this moment our season's focus is finishing at least with a better goal difference than those three. Nothing more unless a big investment in January if that can be possible.
Two of those score a few goals and put together a couple of wins more than us  and we are right at the bottom of the table in a relegation spot with them.

Remember the target is 40 points for the season, we are running behind that target now.

We're closer to 9th than 17th and we have people non stop making scenarios up about how we're relegated.

LC

Quote from: love4ffc on November 12, 2023, 06:31:57 PMI just can't see it happening in the January window but if Fulham were to spend 100M in the January window.  Where does everyone see that money being spent?

I'd love to see the following.
22M – Striker
10M – left winger to give better competition to Willian.
10M – New right winger to improve on what is available. 
10M – to improve the number 10 spot and replace Pereira. 
10M - Right-footed CB – to replace the left-footed Bassey and provide competition for Diop. 

What is more likely to happen is money spent on a striker, hopefully, a winger and a CB.  Throw in a couple of domestic loans and that will be about all we can hope for. 

I wouldn't want to see us do that at all. I don't think that gets you anyone better than what we have unless we have very clever recruitment- which we have done before.

I would prefer us to bring in 2 players, a midfielder and a centre forward. We have enough out wide until the summer. I think our wide players are suffering due to the fact we don't have a centre forward, we are having to change the way we play without Mitro and that is impacting other players.

If we are going to spend 100m we should be able to bring in 3 players, a midfielder, a centre forward, and the third player should either be a centre back or a wide forward

Willham

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 12, 2023, 04:32:28 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on November 12, 2023, 04:23:58 PMIt's disappointing but getting anything today was always going to be near impossible. Again a much better second half and some positives with Wilson and traora making us look much more of a threat. Not our best but decent second half.
some of best players out of form but that can change quickly. I expect us to turn things around.
The negativity and moaning is what really gets me down however.

I understand the negativity and moaning. But when it is about not bringing in players and making the squad stronger in the Summer. I do ponder to myself what and where these critics have been. We didn't know if the coach was off to Saudi. Apparently that doesn't matter. We should still have brought in players who would just be dying to be in a squad without a coach and who had players on the list of European giants and Saudi royalty. So I never quite understand the reality of the moans as those make no sense. Still we do live in a World where we have to blame somebody even when it makes no sense.

Bourne,outh seemed to still do pretty good business while having a mess around with management, yeah no where near as messy as ours but it still was a change around.

And ours could have been avoided, if we put ourselves out there, made some good early enquires for players silva liked, showed him our commitment then I'm sure he would of signed the son tract earlier,

Moreover, my personal choice during the mess, would have been get some players lined up, go to silva and be like look your the reason we can't get these players over the line now, yes you've been fantastic last year but your now the hindrance for this club, you got to make your decision, it could end up being for your sake as much as the clubs mr silva.

I think that would have been the fair kick up the butt silva would have needed, he is quite a realist.

Somerset Fulham

ianthailand

Quote from: btffc on November 12, 2023, 03:07:49 PMWe are lucky the promoted teams are so bad. I'm fairly sure we will be ok regardless but do agree we need to spend big in January. Go get a striker, DM and a winger who scores goals. All of those should be 25 or less as well.
We don't necessarily need to spend big but cleverly. With all 'Tiny Haystacks' computers and number crunching staff we should be able to uncover a couple of gems.

Lester Burnham

Quote from: ffc73 on November 12, 2023, 04:44:34 PM
Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on November 12, 2023, 03:00:41 PMI thought I'd be getting more schtick for my emotionally driven post - glad to see I'm not alone. Palhina def won't want to stay for this.

Palhinha was targeted by McGinn & Villa from the off today. Clear tactic to get our main man booked and thus nullify his presence in the middle of the park.

Not only may he want a crack at Champions League football if Bayern come back in for him, he may also have had enough of refs & opposing sides gunning for him.
Agree with your first paragraph but not the second. 'Refs gunning for him'? I doubt that will play a part in his decision to leave or stay.

The Rational Fan

Fulham´s focus should be getting as many points and players in form, before the window opens. There is no reason why William, Periera, Jimenez and Wilson cannot each be scoring a goal each every third game by Christmas. Every Successful Club improves what they have before buying new players.

Thailand Mick

Apart from Raul non of our players can score or have ever shown they can score enough goals in their career so they are not going to start now.my thoughts from pre season have not changed and we need two top quality strikers with pace and physic that can play anywhere across the front three positions. Trying to buy such players is almost impossible in the January window. We also need to play Iwobi as a number 10 or up front in a front two which Marco won't do, first half yesterday Iwobi was running around as though he didn't know where he should be.