watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spend 100m on January or we’re doomed.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, November 12, 2023, 02:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Title says it all. Spend the money needed to get who we need, or we're done. I'm tired of watching this dross. I love Fulham until the day I die, but our ineptitude is so obvious.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Lighthouse

The point is buying to strengthen the side. Will repeat that not only did we always have the likelihood of second season syndrome. We also were attacked by a Nation state that took our best forward and threatened more. Then a European giant came in for our best player.

So the entire close season was spent trying to hold onto what we had.

Since then the players we have have not found the form of last season and the coach doesn't seem to have found out what the best side or formation is so far. These are tough times but throwing money for the sake of it is really secondary to finding the right players in the right positions.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

South Coast White

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on November 12, 2023, 02:46:48 PMTitle says it all. Spend the money needed to get who we need, or we're done. I'm tired of watching this dross. I love Fulham until the day I die, but our ineptitude is so obvious.
Absolutely clueless, Bottom 3 by Christmas, gambling without a quality striker till Jan was suicidal

Drewry66

Quote from: South Coast White on November 12, 2023, 02:53:22 PM
Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on November 12, 2023, 02:46:48 PMTitle says it all. Spend the money needed to get who we need, or we're done. I'm tired of watching this dross. I love Fulham until the day I die, but our ineptitude is so obvious.
Absolutely clueless, Bottom 3 by Christmas, gambling without a quality striker till Jan was suicidal

Suicidal and criminal. And who is going to want to come to join this absolute shambles. Beyond depressing this

ChesterTheTabby

I thought I'd be getting more schtick for my emotionally driven post - glad to see I'm not alone. Palhina def won't want to stay for this.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

JimmyConway

I'll say this now hoping it backfires spectacularly ! You have to question the manager again with team selection. He should not be beyond criticism here. Team picked to face a good Villa team is poor he can only pick the defenders fit but specifically the midfield is a shambles where Villa are at their strongest.

btffc

We are lucky the promoted teams are so bad. I'm fairly sure we will be ok regardless but do agree we need to spend big in January. Go get a striker, DM and a winger who scores goals. All of those should be 25 or less as well.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Pure negligence from the ownership to leave the squad weaker and expect it to compete. Shambolic summer matched by shambolic ticket prices.

C Block

I'll keep saying it until I'm blue in the face, but FFS give Ballo Toure a chance in an advanced position, blistering pace and delivers a great cross, we have absolutely nothing to lose,
Unless changes are made by Silva this side loses to Wolves and if Neto is back for them we lose easily.

howitis

When will we learn that recruitment is easier when you are on a high. Who wants to join a bottom 5 club in a relegation battle.
Moreover who wants to stay at a club losing week in week out.
On field and off field management at FFC have a lot to answer for ..

hkfulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 12, 2023, 02:52:38 PMThe point is buying to strengthen the side. Will repeat that not only did we always have the likelihood of second season syndrome. We also were attacked by a Nation state that took our best forward and threatened more. Then a European giant came in for our best player.

So the entire close season was spent trying to hold onto what we had.

Since then the players we have have not found the form of last season and the coach doesn't seem to have found out what the best side or formation is so far. These are tough times but throwing money for the sake of it is really secondary to finding the right players in the right positions.

Agree with the majority of this.  Due to our success in the prior season, we had to be reactive opposed to proactive in the transfer window and it has cost us.  Unfortunately it will not be easy to find anyone half decent who wants to come in January.

H4usuallysitting

We desperately need our first team back 4 to start, start Wilson in a more central role & Traore on the right.....we obviously need an out & out goal scorer- but who?, Raul scored today, that could kick start his season

filham

Turning this team, that is failing to score at a rate of a goal a game, into a free scoring team may not be achieved in January simply by throwing money at it.
A £40m Mitro replacement is not sitting on the shelf waiting to be taken to the Cottage.

ron

We have three things in our favour atm... Luton, Sheffield United and Burnley.

And at this moment our season's focus is finishing at least with a better goal difference than those three. Nothing more unless a big investment in January if that can be possible.

Cumbrian White

Money is irrelevant. Buy the right players. Marco supposedly has great scouting network, well let's see it.

And early. First week of January I'd like to see a significant signing. You only need one to give the squad a boost, any other signings can come as and when if necessary but a significant one early doors is vital

colinwhite

It's disappointing but getting anything today was always going to be near impossible. Again a much better second half and some positives with Wilson and traora making us look much more of a threat. Not our best but decent second half.
some of best players out of form but that can change quickly. I expect us to turn things around.
The negativity and moaning is what really gets me down however.

Lighthouse

Quote from: colinwhite on November 12, 2023, 04:23:58 PMIt's disappointing but getting anything today was always going to be near impossible. Again a much better second half and some positives with Wilson and traora making us look much more of a threat. Not our best but decent second half.
some of best players out of form but that can change quickly. I expect us to turn things around.

I understand the negativity and moaning. But when it is about not bringing in players and making the squad stronger in the Summer. I do ponder to myself what and where these critics have been. We didn't know if the coach was off to Saudi. Apparently that doesn't matter. We should still have brought in players who would just be dying to be in a squad without a coach and who had players on the list of European giants and Saudi royalty. So I never quite understand the reality of the moans as those make no sense. Still we do live in a World where we have to blame somebody even when it makes no sense.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: colinwhite on November 12, 2023, 04:23:58 PMIt's disappointing but getting anything today was always going to be near impossible. Again a much better second half and some positives with Wilson and traora making us look much more of a threat. Not our best but decent second half.
I moan because staying silence will drive zero change. That's why the ticket protest happened last week, it may do very little in the end but it'll do a load more than doing naff all.

colinwhite

like driving Marco silva out of the club ?

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: colinwhite on November 12, 2023, 04:38:40 PMlike driving Marco silva out of the club ?
No, driving the inept senior management and ownership out of the club.