She's gone, she's gone
Oh I, oh I
I better learn how to face it
She's gone, she's gone
Oh I, oh I
I'd pay the devil to replace her
She's gone, and she's gone
Oh why, what went wrong?

Hall and Oates sum it up well for me here, obviously with a slight tweaking of the lyrics!  I think he will go in January, if not definitely in the summer....can't say I really blame him, as has been posted previously Bayern and CL football or a relegation battle with us..Clearly what went wrong is our failure to replace Mitro and the whole team is suffering as a result, and us poor fans too of course.  So hard to take after the success of last season...

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 14, 2023, 05:38:58 PMI don't know if people think it is a good move, or if he would even come down South (he has previously said no to the idea) but there are noises about sniffing around Kalvin Phillips again.
Given that his current manager thinks he's fat it's a no from me. As others have said, will be on high wages, questions about fitness and he never really hit any heights after Leeds.

Whitestone

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 15, 2023, 12:50:11 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 14, 2023, 05:38:58 PMI don't know if people think it is a good move, or if he would even come down South (he has previously said no to the idea) but there are noises about sniffing around Kalvin Phillips again.
Given that his current manager thinks he's fat it's a no from me. As others have said, will be on high wages, questions about fitness and he never really hit any heights after Leeds.

He's still being selected for England and yet he's not good enough for Fulham ? Surely you're not being serious ?

Barrett487

LC

Quote from: Whitestone on November 15, 2023, 02:25:35 PM

He's still being selected for England and yet he's not good enough for Fulham ? Surely you're not being serious ?

They expected more from Phillips but they do use him as a sub so he can't be that bad. He's a good player and would do well for us

fulhamfan

WindyCity

Quote from: Craven Mad on November 14, 2023, 06:24:15 PMAndre and Guirassy are reportedly available for around £50m combined in Jan

Lots of speculation FFC is in for these two players (or at least one of them), but, guess what, so are a handful of other much bigger and more well known clubs.  FFC would be very fortunate indeed to secure just one of these sought after players.  Just sayin'.....

Craven Mad

Quote from: WindyCity on November 15, 2023, 04:27:57 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on November 14, 2023, 06:24:15 PMAndre and Guirassy are reportedly available for around £50m combined in Jan

Lots of speculation FFC is in for these two players (or at least one of them), but, guess what, so are a handful of other much bigger and more well known clubs.  FFC would be very fortunate indeed to secure just one of these sought after players.  Just sayin'.....

Totally agree that we'd be lucky to convince those calibre players to join, but London living and a somewhat guaranteed starting place in the prem is worth something.

Taking today's news about Guirassy, and Newcastle's interest, he'd be competing with Isak and Wilson for a starting place up top there; Wilson is one of their most prolific goalscorers ever and Isak looks like one of the best CFs in the prem when available. There's a chance Guirassy could be third choice if he goes there.

We've convinced high-profile players before, and there are a fair number of decent strikers looking around for the bigger teams to fight over (Toney, Osimhen, Mbappe, for example), which could leave the likes of Guirassy and Giminez more open for teams like us - with unexpectedly big budgets - to scrap for. Stranger things have happened...

Matt10

Guirassy is this year's Kolo Muani, so he's not coming to Fulham. Gimenez, again not likely. Feyenoord are 2nd in the Eredivisie and almost to the next round in the Champions League. Other than money, what else would they be playing for? A fight to not get relegated, while we've lost our best player most likely? Let's be realistic.

The profile we want is a big strong striker, and that's someone that may come at a price and a sacrifice on our part. My realistic pick is Kevin Behrens from Union Berlin, who fits that profile, is a bit older at 32, but comes off scoring 10 goals last season and 4 this season. He is out of favor due to scoring form and the manager opting for pace. Union Berlin could also be out of the next round for the Champions League, so a move to the premier league could be a reasonable move for Behrens.

As far as replacing Palhinha, I don't think it'll be Andre. He's already being favored by other clubs - and that usually means we are out. I'd personally go after Morten Frendrup from Genoa. Only 22 years old, but is second in tackles in the Serie A of all places. He can play an 8 or 6, but just watch him play and there is a lot of similarity to Palhinha in the aggression towards the ball. He can score goals and assist them as well.

sunburywhite

People please wake up. The Management will not leave it until Jan 1 before they open their Rothmans Year Annual and get a pin out to pick their next player
They are scouting players 12 months of the year and will have big fat dossiers on all of them
They will have held regular meetings with Marco, discussed who they should be thinking about, tapped up the players agents bnd clubs about availabilty
Its not like the first day of the January sales when everyone rushes in as soon as the doors are open
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

LC

Quote from: sunburywhite on November 15, 2023, 07:34:45 PMPeople please wake up. The Management will not leave it until Jan 1 before they open their Rothmans Year Annual and get a pin out to pick their next player
They are scouting players 12 months of the year and will have big fat dossiers on all of them
They will have held regular meetings with Marco, discussed who they should be thinking about, tapped up the players agents bnd clubs about availabilty
Its not like the first day of the January sales when everyone rushes in as soon as the doors are open

Indeed no doubt that's true, but I think the point is moving to get those players in early in the window so the players can imbed faster. 

sunburywhite

Quote from: LC on November 15, 2023, 07:40:09 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on November 15, 2023, 07:34:45 PMPeople please wake up. The Management will not leave it until Jan 1 before they open their Rothmans Year Annual and get a pin out to pick their next player

Indeed no doubt that's true, but I think the point is moving to get those players in early in the window so the players can imbed faster. 

The problem is the selling clubs dont know if anyone will bid for their players. If smeone comes in then they need to put their plans into action before they sell

Its like buying a house, you wont move until you have your new house lined up and the people you are buying from wont move until they have theirs lined up etc
Thats why it takes so long
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

LC

Quote from: sunburywhite on November 15, 2023, 07:53:23 PM
Quote from: LC on November 15, 2023, 07:40:09 PM

The problem is the selling clubs dont know if anyone will bid for their players. If smeone comes in then they need to put their plans into action before they sell

Its like buying a house, you wont move until you have your new house lined up and the people you are buying from wont move until they have theirs lined up etc
Thats why it takes so long

I'm not to sure about that. You can express interest in players and negotiate deals before windows open (I believe anyway). I mean Bayern are openly saying they still like Palhinha.

Plus a lot of clubs get deals done early so it's most certainly possible.

This will be a key window for us and I think the board will deliver.

SuffolkWhite

Some players will consider where they want to live, what Manager they want to play for, where the partner or Mrs wants to love. But some players will play for the biggest wage!!!! It is possible to get a player that the big clubs want aswell.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

St Eve

Quote from: Whitestone on November 15, 2023, 02:25:35 PM

Doesn't impress me. Clearly doesn't impress Pep. Will cost a fortune and his salary is out of our league. Also there is no way he would want to come to little Fulham

LC

If Paliniha does leave for Bayern then perhaps we could negotiate a deal for Mathys Tel. They probably wouldn't entertain a permanent deal but it's worth a try, at least we could negotiate a 6 month loan deal if we are still struggling for a centre forward- that would buy us some time to find a long term centre forward replacement in the summer

WolverineFFC

I am surprised how much focus has been on striker and deep midfield as transfer targets. My opinion is that the team has suffered from defensive mistakes and not enough quality scoring chances.

The defense needs health on the right side more than anything. I don't think any transfers are required unless Tosin's transfer uncertainty returns.

As for the creative chances, the #10 role is covered with TC, AP, and Iwobi. They just need to play better as a group. What is not good enough is the wide players. We need to acknowledge the possibility that Willian may not return to last season's form. The right side has well known quality problems. I would spend legitimate funds on a wide attacker. It would be a better use of the budget and the club has a major need there for this season but also beyond. Both BDR and Willian could conceivably leave after this season.

IloveFFC

Buffalo76

Callum Chambers is apparently keen on a return, according to a guy i was speaking to earlier today. His daughter is good friends with Chambers, whose having a home built in Surrey - to add a little fuel. He's getting little game time at Villa so a move may suit everyone.

jayffc

Quote from: Buffalo76 on November 21, 2023, 02:41:49 PMCallum Chambers is apparently keen on a return, according to a guy i was speaking to earlier today. His daughter is good friends with Chambers, whose having a home built in Surrey - to add a little fuel. He's getting little game time at Villa so a move may suit everyone.

No thank you.
Andre in midfield alongside a proper enforcer, we have the money.