watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

5 of the next 7 Games

Started by peachcobbler, November 14, 2023, 06:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peachcobbler

and mostly importantly 3 of the next 4 games are massively important. I see a world in which we sweep these 5 (Wolves home, West Ham home, Forest home, Burnley home, Bournemouth away) end with 27 points at the halfway mark and very much so feeling better about this season.

I also see another world, a much worse one that would almost require major moves in January.

We are not down and out yet, this was a very tough 4 games. If Marco can get the boys to have faith and confidence we could find ourselves in a much better spot in as little as 6 weeks. We are entering a very big do or die section of the season, and all I am thinking is COYW!  ::scarf::

Southdowns White

I think we play a slightly different game at home, I don't really think it gives us any advantage over the visiting teams, if anything I think this season we tend to be under more pressure to failure because of us having very valueless possession where we create almost no cutting edge football. Some of the teams mentioned above will relish the thought of coming to us with the way we play this season with very little to lose from having a crack at winning at our place. Some very tough days ahead for us poor supporters I feel, although obviously nothing would please me more than going on a long winning streak.

ffcthereligion

Agreed. We need to stick with the team and support the boys amidst the challenge.

No booing from lily livered turncoats.

Stick together and keep the toxicity out. We ll have enough

hovewhite

Time for the bedwetters to get behind the team and BELIEVE,same goes for the players.
Positives we are at the cottage,the fans behind them,Marco being pumped up,tosin back,Tete back,all positives we can do it just  BELIEVE everybody.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: peachcobbler on November 14, 2023, 06:27:24 PMand mostly importantly 3 of the next 4 games are massively important. I see a world in which we sweep these 5 (Wolves home, West Ham home, Forest home, Burnley home, Bournemouth away) end with 27 points at the halfway mark and very much so feeling better about this season.

I also see another world, a much worse one that would almost require major moves in January.

We are not down and out yet, this was a very tough 4 games. If Marco can get the boys to have faith and confidence we could find ourselves in a much better spot in as little as 6 weeks. We are entering a very big do or die section of the season, and all I am thinking is COYW!  ::scarf::

We have a good enough squad to be well clear of the relegation zone by the New Year. Getting behind the current squad to get a few extra points saves us from relegation plus improves our FFP position. While bringing in a centre forward (like Olivier Giroud) on a three year contract will also save us from relegation, but he might not deliver much in following seasons as he gets older and under FFP will reduce our player budget for the next five seasons.

Under FFP,  "buying more players for this season" means "buying less players in the future", which is a problem as Fulham needs to keep money in the Bank for following seasons. Our our squad is aging and will need significant replacements, but if multiple players hit the wall as the same time we will be in trouble and have insufficient FFP money.

This financial pressure will remain as long as we are buying players that are premier league quality upon arrival, and it won't go away until some juniors at low wages come through to the First XI who become good enough for Premier League. For example, Stansfield could be a huge help to the squad if he steps up.

Snibbo

If (big if) Raul and Adama hit form, and Robinson steadies himself plus the return of Tete and maybe Tosin, we'll  be laughing. If not ....

Twig

Quote from: Snibbo on November 15, 2023, 06:17:06 AMIf (big if) Raul and Adama hit form, and Robinson steadies himself plus the return of Tete and maybe Tosin, we'll  be laughing. If not ....

Yeah, it's the "not" that worries me!

FFC In Oz

We're not scoring anywhere near enough goals.

We always struggle at Bournemouth and against Wolves and West Ham.

Might eke out a 1-0 against Burnley.

We really struggle to break down a low block - and all those clubs will mark our game down as a 3 pointer.

The way we start games is concerning.  We need to switch on from the moment the first whistle sounds - not after a bollocking at half time by Marco

Whitestone

As stated by FFC in OZ, 'the way we start games is concerning'. That, for me, has been a major factor in affecting the outcome of games this season. Stating the obvious we are missing Mitro but that aside last season we started games on the front foot and took the game to the opposition, often getting the first goal which invariably set us up for a win. Games this season have lacked the tempo that we showed in the past and the team have become very passive. We clearly need two or three quality signings asap but the current bunch of players can get results if they lift their game to previous levels.

With right set up, attitude and commitment we have a number of winnable games coming up. It's just a shame that Palhinha is suspended for the next one. Hopefully Tete will be ready because we've missed him. Like wise one of Tosin or Diop.

filham

Yes an important time ahead, forget about buying a new striker in January and concentrate on those critical games up to Christmas.
After the international break we should see Tosin and Tete back in defense but we will still be facing the problems in attack, we are stuck in a goal drought and Silva needs to tip the tactics and player selection more to attack. More use of Cairney and Wilson perhaps, they each have good left pegs that can hit spectacular goals.

Important we recognise that we are in the relegation battle and get right behind the players

Chutney

We just need to stay above the bottom 3 going into January, if we can do that, we can bring in the needed players to rectify the mistakes made in the summer.

If we wait until deadline day in jan, we are taking a massive risk.
C O Y W

Whitestone

I don't think it's that straightforward. A relegation threatened team is not such an attractive proposition for good players. We will have a better chance of attracting players if we are in a mid table position. Agree that we need the players early in the window. I'm not confident that our recruitment team will succeed there.

Lordedmundo

We need to be in mid-table in order to be an attractive proposition to players in the window.  I hope and expect that we will get 4 wins from 5 winnable games (plus another point or two in other matches) prior to the end of the year. That will almost certainly put us in 12th place or above. 

However, anything less than 8 points from the 8 games total in that period and I would be worried that we could be overly reliant on bringing in players to save our season..

WindyCity

Quote from: Whitestone on November 15, 2023, 12:57:59 PMAgree that we need the players early in the window. I'm not confident that our recruitment team will succeed there.

I posted same several days ago.  Identify targets and get them in early even if a premium is paid.  Need to get those players desired and not haggle over money or end up with 2nd, 3rd choices etc. 

Also, as some have mentioned, we have had a number of games recently where we've had good second halves, even in losing games.  Need to start off on the right foot, from the first whistle.  MS needs to look at adjusting his starting XI to get that quality start and carry through for the whole game.

WindyCity

And yes, especially considering current form and lack of goal scoring capabilities, FFC is in a relegation battle NOW.  In my view, that is the reality.  Players need to find their boots from last season, and get several injuries back on the pitch, and maybe we can hold off this drop zone concern.

ealex40

I wonder how much money it would take to buy Solanke, from Bournemouth. The guy is so consistently dangerous.

WindyCity

Quote from: ealex40 on November 15, 2023, 06:11:47 PMI wonder how much money it would take to buy Solanke, from Bournemouth. The guy is so consistently dangerous.

I've always liked that player.  Not sure if he would be available and for how much.....