https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A view from across the pond

Started by EastEndWhite, November 23, 2023, 07:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

HV71

Somerset Fulham

I think its lazy, full of inaccuracies and basically a load of bollocks, but I suppose we are at least getting write ups these days.

Eton White

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 23, 2023, 07:56:24 PMI think its lazy, full of inaccuracies and basically a load of bollocks, but I suppose we are at least getting write ups these days.

Only in America though. We would never get an in depth write up like this "over here".

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Eton White on November 23, 2023, 09:53:55 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 23, 2023, 07:56:24 PMI think its lazy, full of inaccuracies and basically a load of bollocks, but I suppose we are at least getting write ups these days.

Only in America though. We would never get an in depth write up like this "over here".

Isn't it the Guardian that have published it?

Somerset Fulham

Ah!  I see what you are all saying now!

I did wonder about the thread title initially, apologies lads.

Its still bollocks though. :slap:

Eton White

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 23, 2023, 09:58:32 PM

Guardian US

RaySmith

Quote from: Eton White on November 23, 2023, 10:03:39 PM

Guardian US

It is in the UK Guardian online, number 9 in their 'most viewed.'

Eton White

Quote from: RaySmith on November 23, 2023, 10:23:44 PM
Quote from: Eton White on November 23, 2023, 10:03:39 PM

Guardian US

It is in the UK Guardian online, number 9 in their 'most viewed.'

Yeah, but it's originally a Guardian US feature - part of a series called "Over There" (ie: over in the UK).
It's why the article focusses so much on our American owners and players - and why the article exists at all.

Somerset Fulham

I've cause chaos here, so sorry!  :slap:

Holders

I disagree with a lot of it but it's still interesting to hear how someone from overseas sees us. Perception is everything, however odd some of it might seem.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Twig

I think it's better described as lightweight rather than bollox. The first few paragraphs are loaded with rather lazy stereotyping and the article lacks meat, it just recycles known information.
However it's nice to see any lengthy article about our club so at least that's something.

Carborundum

Journalists drawing upon AI to pad out their word count will be making pointless references to the Michael Jackson statue from now until eternity.  Each mention in an article like this serving to boost its digital prominence.  Doom loop.

Indeed MAF did say that if we didn't like it we could go to hell.  I remember thinking "steady on old chap, that's a bit strong" but only when he added the option "or Chelsea".

Twig

Quote from: Carborundum on November 24, 2023, 01:12:12 PMJournalists drawing upon AI to pad out their word count will be making pointless references to the Michael Jackson statue from now until eternity.  Each mention in an article like this serving to boost its digital prominence.  Doom loop.

Indeed MAF did say that if we didn't like it we could go to hell.  I remember thinking "steady on old chap, that's a bit strong" but only when he added the option "or Chelsea".

Wasn't MAF's finest hour was it!