watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 25/11/23...

Started by WhiteJC, November 24, 2023, 11:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham want 33-goal striker as well as Andre but double deal will cost over £50m
Andre Trindade is not the only Brazil international Fulham hope to sign in January with the Premier League outfit are lining up Flamengo striker Pedro.

Two-and-a-half years ago, Fulham snapped up a young Rodrigo Muniz from Flamengo. As he, like Raul Jimenez and Carlos Vinicius, struggles to fill an Aleksandr Mitrovic-shaped void in Marco Silva's misfiring frontline, Fulham will be hoping that Pedro – should he follow in Muniz's footsteps – can make a far bigger impact in West London.

The statistics certainly bode well.

Fulham eye Pedro as Aleksandr Mitrovic replacement
Pedro, capped six times by the Brazil national team, has scored 33 times in in 56 games for Flamengo. That is a career-best tally, exceeding his total of 29 from last term with three fewer outings.

And, after being quoted £30 million by Fluminense for the highly-rated Andre Trindade, Pedro is likely to set The Cottagers back a similarly eye-watering fee.

"Fulham intend to sign Pedro, the centre-forward of Flamengo, after the turn of the year," explains Jorge Nicola, the man who broke the news earlier this week that Silva's side were leading the race for Andre.

"Fulham are looking for a striker. I received information a very influential person, especially in world football, and he told me that Pedro will receive an offer from Fulham. The idea is to sign him in January.

"Pedro has a contract until 2027. He recently received a pay rise, and has a release clause of 60 million euros. An offer of 20 million euros perhaps wouldn't be accepted."

Cottagers could sign two Brazil stars
Pedro may fancy another crack at European football, having played just four times during a brief spell at Serie A outfit Fiorentina back in 2019/20.

Fulham have a range of talented centre-forwards under consideration, Wolfsburg's Jonas Wind, Stuttgart's Serhou Guirassy, Gent's Gift Orban and Feyenoord's Eredivisie winner Santiago Gimenez among them.

Fulham, meanwhile, are reportedly 'confident' that Andre will be on his way to the English capital in January, perhaps as a long-term replacement for Bayern Munich target Joao Palhinha (talkSPORT).

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/11/24/fulham-want-33-goal-striker-as-well-as-andre-but-double-deal-will-cost-over-50m/

WhiteJC

Fulham Vs Wolves Preview
That was a pleasant couple of weeks, wasn't it?

Luxuriating in the Spurs result for a fortnight, safely ensconced in the warm embrace of midtable. Lovely.

Given our performance levels and the struggles of the three promoted sides, we didn't need the bonus of Everton's points deduction but it certainly doesn't hurt.

Between now and Christmas the challenge is to get enough points on the board to extinguish the idea of relegation and spend the second half of the campaign focused on getting as high as possible.

There's a vibrancy to the squad we haven't seen for a while and genuine cause for optimism. Please keep it going Wolves.

Fulham
A couple of years ago it would have sounded impossible that Raul and Adama would leave for Fulham for a combined fee of around £5 million.

Both players seemed destined for the elite, but I suppose their decline embodied the collapse of those glory days under Nuno. I wish them both well.

Neither have really done much in London so far with Adama sidelined by injury and Raul's only goal a late consolation at Villa Park last time out.

With talisman Mitrovic leaving in the summer they really need those two to fire and maybe it will come good for them again – but hopefully not on Monday.

The three games they've won so far have been against Luton, Sheff Utd and Everton and none have been convincing. Added to that, only Burnley have scored fewer goals than Marco Silva's side.

They've got some useful players and a good coach but they're weaker than last season and with João Palinha almost certain to leave in January I think midtable should probably be the limit of their aspirations.

Wolves
It's a shame Pedro is still out but the Spurs win gives us some breathing room. The performance also demonstrated we can play well and win without him.

With Dawson suspended I would have thought Santi Bueno just slots in there and we keep everything else the same. The Uruguayan has barely had a kick since joining in the summer, so I'm looking forward to seeing if he can do a job.

Sarabia might consider himself unlucky to be left out having been the match winner last time (he also scored in this fixture last season) but I'd keep him in reserve again.

Predictions
Well done to Dek, AussieWolf, Steppenwolfe, t'OM, SteadyEddie, Ben Rasmin, GoWolves, Winchcombe Wolf, Marin Wolf, Deptford Wolf, St. Kitty's Wolves, Woodend Wolf, basherbaz, Dallas Bob, Liz, Wolves Fan Across the Pond, Aquilador, Happy Claptrap, Teddy and Wolfstroker who all correctly predicted the score against Spurs.

I'm going to back us a for a narrow victory this time. Dawson's absence worries me but if Santi can do a decent job I think there should be opportunities for our attacking players to do damage. The second half in our last away game at Sheffield Utd showed we still have potential to be flakey but I hope that performance was more of a learning exercise than what we can expect away from Molineux. 2-1 to the old gold.

As always, if you'd like to join in with the Prediction League this season, it's simple – just leave your prediction in the comment section below using the boxes provided. Then repeat for every preview article throughout the season, making sure you always use the same email address to make your prediction. Your email is what ties you to your overall score.

Up The Wolves!

https://www.wolvesblog.com/18138/fulham-vs-wolves-preview-11

WhiteJC

Fan guide | Fulham vs Wolves
Wolves begin a run of four consecutive away games in the capital on Monday, as Gary O'Neil's side take on Fulham on Monday Night Football.

The Old Gold will be backed by a sold out away end at Craven Cottage, as Wolves look for another positive showing, after victory over Tottenham Hotspur last time out.

For those making the trip to London on Monday, here is everything you need to know.

Stadium information

Stadium | Craven Cottage

Capacity | 25,700

Address | Stevenage Rd, London SW6 6HH

Away allocation | 2,641

Ticket information

Tickets for the fixture are sold out.

Away turnstiles at Craven Cottage will open approximately one and a half hours before kick-off at around 6.30pm.

To speed up entry to Craven Cottage, Fulham recommend not bringing a bag. Though, as a general rule, bags are permitted provided they are no larger than A4 in size.

Travel information

Supporters are advised to plan their journey to Craven Cottage using the Transport for London App or by checking their website.

Visiting supporters

Visiting Supporters travelling to Craven Cottage on Monday are welcome in The Crabtree pub before the game. This is located close to the ground on Rainville Road and is around a 12-minute walk from the ground.

There will be a match day programme for the game, at a cost of £4.00. It is available from various sellers on Stevenage Road from two hours before kick-off.

Accessibility information

Supporters can access the stadium via the Park Gate, which is to the left of the turnstiles and will be stewarded by access stewards.

There is an accessible toilet at the back of the third level wheelchair platform, and another toilet on the lower level. These are accessed by RADAR key.

Accessibility parking is allocated on a first come, first served basis at Fulham Cross Academy, SW6 6SN. Spaces are allocated in the week running up to the game and booked by email [email protected] and they need the car registration number.

For audio description bookings or sensory packs, email [email protected] to request.

Weather forecast

Cloudy conditions expected on Monday evening, and temperatures are expected to be around six degrees Celsius. Up to date weather forecasts can be found here.

Kit colours

Wolves will be wearing the 2023/24 gold home shirt and gold shorts, with the goalkeeper wearing the lime away goalkeeper shirt and lime shorts.

Fulham will be in their white home shirt and black shorts, with the goalkeeper wearing their red home goalkeeper shirt and red shorts.

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/club/20231123-fan-guide-fulham-vs-wolves/

WhiteJC

Transfer gossip: Liverpool, Man Utd caught cold by Prem rival in race for Brazil midfielder
Liverpool's long-term pursuit of Andre could end fruitlessly if Fulham get a surprise deal with Fluminense over the line, while Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants Anfield experience at Old Trafford...

LIVERPOOL LOSE GROUND OVER MIDFIELD TARGET
It was widely expected that Liverpool would have the signing of Brazil midfielder Andre agreed by now, if not yet sealed before the end of Fluminense's season. Manchester United have also been sniffing around the 22-year-old, but it seems both have been overtaken in what was thought to be a two-horse race.

Apparently, Fulham have emerged as frontrunners to land Andre, with the Evening Standard reporting that Cottagers' chief executive Alistair Mackintosh was in Brazil last week for talks over a £30million move.

Liverpool wanted to sign Andre in the summer when they were told to come back at the end of the year once Fluminense had wrapped up their campaign. Jurgen Klopp still wants to reinforce his engine room despite signing three midfielders, while United are on the hunt for a replacement for Casemiro amid the Brazil veteran's struggles for form and fitness.

Fulham's need is sparked by the likely loss of Joao Palhinha in the summer, with Bayern Munich expected to return for the Portugal midfielder after they were left hanging on deadline day. Of course, if Liverpool and United miss out on Andre, they could simply rival Bayern for Palhinha, which would suit Fulham down to the ground. Bidding war!

https://www.football365.com/news/transfer-gossip-liverpool-man-utd-andre-fulham-sir-jim-ratcliffe-michael-edwards

WhiteJC

Fulham line up January move for 33-goal attacker who could cost €60 million
Fulham are looking to improve their attacking options in the coming months and they could look to make a move for the Flamengo centre forward Pedro.

The 26-year-old has been a key player for Flamengo and he has 33 goals to his name this season. As per Jorge Nicola, the striker has a €60 million release clause in his contract and it remains to be seen whether Fulham can negotiate a more reasonable price for the Brazilian.

The opportunity to move to the Premier League could be an attractive proposition for the player and he is likely to be tempted if there is a concrete proposal from Fulham on the table.

Meanwhile, Flamengo will hope to recoup as much as possible for their key star and they could demand a premium for him.

Fulham need to improve their attacking options in order to finish the season strongly and the Brazilian could transform them in the final third. They have not been able to replace Aleksandar Mitrovic since the Serbian international's departure at the start of the season.

Pedro could be the ideal alternative to Mitrovic. He has proven himself in South America and he will be keen to test himself in the Premier League now. It would be a major step up in his career and an exciting opportunity.

If he manages to impress with Fulham, he might get the chance to play for a big club in the near future as well.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2023/11/24/fulham-line-up-january-move-for-33-goal-attacker-who-could-cost-e60-million/

WhiteJC

Newcastle 'on the table' for 16-goal Bundesliga whirlwind with £15m release clause
Fulham have long been linked with Stuttgart's Serhou Guirassy but it could be fellow Premier League outfit Newcastle that win the race for his signature.

Christian Falk notes that the Magpies 'are on the table' for the Guinean with a release clause of £15.2m.

"Serhou Guirassy is already aware that he can make a move in January as he has a release clause of €17.5m that can be activated at this time," the head of football at BILD wrote in his exclusive column with CaughtOffside.

"VFB Stuttgart is still fighting for him, but it's not a lot of money! Not much for the Premier League certainly.

"In the summer, we already mentioned about his opportunity to go to the UK amid interest from Fulham but he didn't, as he wanted a better opportunity. I'm not sure Fulham is the right club.

"Newcastle United are on the table and might be a more attractive option as a Champions League club.

"We'll have to see if he's still playing for Stuttgart until the summer or if he capitalises on his release clause in the winter. It's just a question of the offer and Newcastle would be a fine deal for Guirassy."

The 27-year-old has been in impeccable form this term, registering 18 goal contributions (16 goals, two assists) in 10 games this term.

For such a low release clause, one might imagine there may be a few takers in the English top-flight alone come the opening of the January window.

With Newcastle low on firepower – owing to injuries to Alexander Isak (groin), Harvey Barnes (foot) and Callum Wilson (hamstring) – one might imagine Eddie Howe will feel inclined to strengthen his forward department when possible.

In a battle with Marco Silva's Fulham, it appears likely that the top four hopefuls' Champions League stats could issue them with the upper hand.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2023/11/24/newcastle-on-table-16-goal-striker-15m-release-clause/

WhiteJC

O'Neil | 'The starting point is closer to where we want'
Gary O'Neil says returning from the international period is becoming easier thanks to his players' growing understanding of how he wants Wolves to look.

In recent days, his players have returned from representing their countries and the head coach has additional time to prepare for Fulham, after it was moved to Monday evening. However, O'Neil says he can already see a growing understanding within his group after their return and is looking forward to a new batch of fixtures, which begins in London, against a pair of familiar face he has a lot of respect for in Raul Jimenez and Adama Traore.

On the international break
"We trained quite hard for a good few days. We had a training ground game, had a couple of days off with the family and then loads of prep on Fulham. Obviously, some extra time to make sure I'm well prepared for the next game. Recharged the batteries a little bit, tried to spend a couple of days not thinking about how Wolves beat Fulham, but it was still there and I still got a lot of good work done. I enjoyed the little break.

"The only person not back with the group yet is 'Channy' so hopeful he comes back and we get back to work. There's a busy spell coming, a lot of games in December, some tough games coming, so we need the group to be ready to go again."

On preparing for Fulham
"Most of them haven't been here and have been playing in different systems [with their countries], so it's reminders of what we're trying to be, and then obviously how Fulham fits into that and how we can try and cause them some problems. They're a good side, offer a real threat, the wide players, Willian, Harry Wilson or Bobby De Cordova-Reid, who I played with at Bristol City. Premier League away games are tough, we've won a couple so far and it'd be good to win another one."

On the players' understanding
"They're much better at it. The starting point is definitely closer to where we want it to than obviously when we were preparing for Manchester United. We did some stuff and I was impressed with the understanding. Most of the performances have shown, at least in some of the games, they have an understanding, but you still want every moment on the grass with them to keep improving. You see things every day that you like to correct.

"After one of the breaks we played at 12.30pm on a Saturday and that was tough for the boys coming back from a long way away, so hopefully Monday night gives them a little bit longer to recover. Obviously, the knock on is we have less time to prepare for Arsenal, but let's worry about Arsenal when we get to it."

On celebrating goals recently
"The timing of them probably has been a big factor in the celebrations. Pablo's goal felt that we'd secured a point that we definitely deserved, at least, then Mario almost certainly confirms that we're going to get three. It was the way the lads had played in that game, they got what they deserved and to get that moment with the home fans I thought was important. Maybe more emotion running through me at that point than some other goals.

"Similar to Jean at Sheffield United, because I was disappointed that we didn't make the most of what we were doing first half and disappointed with the second half, so the feeling of maybe escaping there with a positive result after the way the second half had gone.

"I just with how I feel at the time. The plan's to always not celebrate because there's a lot that can change afterwards, but sometimes the emotion gets the better of you, so I try and make sure I stay in my technical area as well."

On facing Fulham without Mitrovic
"It's tough transition, I would imagine, for them because he was a huge part of what they've done for such a long time. I played against that Fulham team as first-team coach at Bournemouth in the Championship and again last season in the Premier League, and he's always been such a big part of what they've done.

"Obviously. they've replaced him, Vinicius came in a season or two ago, and Jimenez, who had a fantastic time here and is a really good player, is similar in how he can hold the ball up, is good in the air and is a goal threat. They seem to have found a similar way of doing things, but when you lose a guy who was scoring 60, 70 per cent of your goals, it's obviously a big transition."

On facing Jimenez and Adama
"The farewells are interesting because those two guys are still spoken about warmly around here, and the impact they had. The fact I'm here managing a Premier League team that has had the successes it had, they played a massive part in that.

"Sometimes the timing of things means you don't get the farewell everybody would have liked, but it doesn't change how everybody feels about those two and I know how the supporters feel about them as well. Two players who played a huge part in the club's recent history, and huge respect for both of them, but hopefully they have a tough evening on Monday."

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/mens-first-team/20231124-oneil-the-starting-point-is-closer-to-where-we-want/

WhiteJC

Paul Merson hails 'outstanding' Wolves amid prediction for weekend game v Fulham
Paul Merson has once again been predicting the weekend's Premier League results, including Wolves against Fulham.

Wolves are flying high right now heading into this weekend's trip to Craven Cottage after the miraculous 2-1 win against Spurs a fortnight ago.

Pablo Sarabia will almost definitely be in line for a start after his brilliant display which saw a goal and an assist rescue all three points for Old Gold.

Gary O'Neil has got his Wolves firing and sitting in 12th place on 15 points with this weekend providing the opportunity to rise as high as ninth.

But before the game on Monday, Paul Merson has been sharing his prediction for the game.

Merson predicts Fulham v Wolves
Writing in his weekly predictions column on SportsKeeda, Merson couldn't separate the two sides as he set a 1-1 draw as his prediction.

"I like Wolves." Merson declared as he began his prediction.

"I think they have been absolutely outstanding this season. I think they are a hard team to beat. I worry for Fulham. The Cottagers don't score enough goals. They miss Aleksandar Mitrovic dearly.

"But I'm going to go for a draw here. Pedro Neto is likely to miss this one due to injury. He has been the heartbeat of this Wolves side."

A draw does seem like a harsh prediction, given how brilliant Wolves have been lately, while Fulham have just one point in four games.

When will Neto return for Wolves?
Initial hopes had suggested that Neto could possibly be in line to return for Wolves trip to London on Monday after the injury turned out less serious than initially thought.

O'Neil confirmed this early in the week as he said, "Pedro won't make Monday." A real shame given how important he's been this season, but it would be unwise to rush him back into action.

Wolves have shown they're good enough to win games without him and should fancy their chances at doing so on Monday.

Neto then would probably be back to face Arsenal away next Saturday or Burnley on Tuesday week.

https://www.molineux.news/news/paul-merson-hails-outstanding-wolves-amid-prediction-for-weekend-game-v-fulham/

WhiteJC

Aston Villa rival makes 'contact' for winger eyed by Premier League clubs
Latest Aston Villa news from BirminghamLive includes an update on Sporting's Geny Catamo amid Villa interest

Fulham have made contact to explore the possibility of signing Aston Villa-linked Geny Catamo.

The 22-year-old is courting interest across the Premier League after a breakthrough season at Sporting. He has featured in 13 games in all competitions before sustaining an injury.

His form prior to injury has drawn attention. Villa are one of those clubs, who are said to be tracking the winger.

Portuguese O Jogo. now adds that Fulham are "closely targeting" the winger. It is claimed that Fulham "contacted" his former club, who own 75 per cent of Catamo's rights to "evaluate the possibility" of buying the player.

However, the Liga 3 outfit won't make a decision on the player's future, leaving Sporting with the full responsibility.

Sporting who only own 25 per cent of the player, are keen to buy the other percentage. However, they have been unsuccessful in their efforts after two offers of €1.2million and €1.5m were rejected by the club.

It is said Amora would accept an offer of €3m to sell the remainder of the player's rights. O Jogo add that Sporting are "safeguarding their interests as they could have a jackpot on their hands." Italian sides Genoa and Udinese have also been credited with an interest.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-rival-makes-contact-28167012

WhiteJC

FA Youth Cup Date Confirmed
Ali Melloul's Under-18s will head to Wales for their FA Youth Cup opener, going head-to-head with Cardiff City on Friday 15th December (7pm).

The two sides will battle it out at the Cardiff City Stadium, with a place in the Fourth Round at stake.

Both clubs enter the competition at this stage, with the young Bluebirds winning their FA Youth Cup opener last season before suffering defeat at the hands of Oxford United.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/november/24/FA-Youth-Cup-Date-Confirmed/

WhiteJC

Wolves Matchday Preview
FULHAM V WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS | MONDAY 27TH NOVEMBER | 8PM | CRAVEN COTTAGE | FULWOL

The opposition

Wolves picked up one of their best results of the season before the international break, dramatically scoring two stoppage time goals to beat highflyers Tottenham Hotspur at Molineux. That result came a few weeks after Gary O'Neil's side picked up the same 2-1 result against league favourites Manchester City.
    Despite their healthy looking league position, Monday's opponents have struggled for consistency so far this season and are yet to win back-to-back Premier League games.
    With six goals to his name so far this season, South Korean international Hwang Hee-Chan has been one of Wolves' best performers. He has netted the joint-sixth highest amount of goals in the Premier League (at the time of writing), with his last coming in a 2-2 draw against Newcastle United.

Fulham team news

João Palhinha will serve a one match ban for five yellow cards. Injury-wise, this one comes too soon for Issa Diop, Adama Traore, Rodrigo Muniz and Tyrese Fracois, however Marco Silva didn't write off Tosin's chances of a return.

Wolves team news

On his Thursday afternoon Press Conference, Gary O'Neil revealed he will still be without the injured Pedro Neto on Monday night. Also missing out is Craig Dawson, who will serve his suspension after picking up his fifth yellow card last time out. Nathan Fraser and Joe Hodge are the only other absentees as, despite rolling his ankle on international duty, former Fulham man Mario Lemina is expected to be fit.

Tickets

Fans will be able to take advantage of a limited time offer for Black Friday, with remaining seats in home areas discounted by 25%!

Supporters have until 5pm on Monday 27th November to take advantage of this limited time offer and can purchase tickets online, by phone on 0203 871 0810 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) or in person at the Fulham FC Ticket Office (Mon-Fri, 9.30am-4.30pm).

Weather

Monday evening is currently looking dry, with temperatures around six degrees at kick-off.

Player insight

After a largely successful international break, Antonee Robinson told FFCtv how much he's relishing getting back to Premier League action.

"Obviously we want to turn the tide of the results and get some more points on the board, so looking forward to it," he said.

"They (Wolves) will be a very tough test. I think they're a very good side.

"I've watched quite a lot of their games and they play really good football , it'll be a challenge but it's something we're looking forward to as always."

Coverage

FFCtv subscribers can listen to live coverage from Jamie Reid.

Form

Fulham: LDWLL

Wolves: DWDLW

Top scorers

Fulham: Bobby De Cordova-Reid, João Palhinha (2)

Wolves: Hwang Hee-Chan (6)

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/november/24/wolves-matchday-preview/

WhiteJC

"I'm excited" – Journalist reveals Fulham's January demands to sell player, ready to 'go down' a bit on one condition
Fulham have a gentleman's agreement to let Joao Palhinha leave in the January transfer window, if a club offers the right amount for him.

That's according to Sport 1 journalist Kerry Hau, who says the Portuguese midfielder is still a topic of conversation at Bayern Munich.

We won't bore you with the details of their interest at this point, with the midfielder's failed move to the Allianz Arena at the end of the summer transfer well documented and publicised at this point.

To put it bluntly, the German giants are still interested in the Portuguese international despite that move and the fact he signed a new deal with Fulham not long afterwards.

That's because Bayern manager Thomas Tuchel is still demanding a number six be added to his squad at some point, having been unconvinced by his midfield options in that position since his arrival.

The established belief at this point is that he and everyone at Bayern want Palhinha and Sport 1 journalist Kerry Hau has detailed how that might happen, including the ground rules Fulham have set in place in discussions.

"Palhinha is of course still an issue. I think it's realistic that FC Bayern will take a closer look at him in the winter if the financial conditions are right," he said on the SPORT1 podcast "Die Bayern-Woche".

"It seems like Fulham have reached a gentlemen's agreement by extending the contract with the player.

"If a club comes along that offers a good and moderate transfer fee in time so that Fulham can sign a replacement for the position, the club would also be prepared to go down a bit with its transfer fee demand.

"We are talking about an area that is still €50m. I'm excited to see what Bayern will do."

http://sportwitness.co.uk/im-excited-journalist-reveals-fulhams-january-demands-sell-player-ready-go-bit-one-condition/

WhiteJC

Before The Whistle: Fulham v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Football is back – again!

As we wave goodbye to yet another international break, we can now look ahead to the visit of Wolves under the lights at Craven Cottage.

It's the start of an overall more favourable run on paper (bar trips to Anfield and St James' Park), so we really need to start getting some points on the board.

We have to do that on Monday without Joao Palhinha, who's serving his suspension for five yellow cards. Luckily, unlike last season, we have a bit more quality in depth when it comes to the middle of the park. With two of either Lukic, Reed, or Iwobi at the base of midfield, we're likely to see Pereira continue in the 10.

In defence, Tosin returns to the squad, while Issa Diop is nearing a return, relieving the pressure on Ream and Bassey (and providing some right-sided support).

Adama has suffered a small injury set-back, so it'll be two from the usual suspects on the wings. Muniz remains sidelined.

Tete return to the bench before the break, but Castagne's impressed in his absence, so it'll be interesting to see who starts. Robinson had a heck of an international break, so any called for Ballo-Toure to come in and provide a shock to his system will now be rather more muted.

Raul Jimenez will be buoyed by his first Premier League goal for the Whites against Villa, but he was a substitute in both games as Mexico beat Honduras in the CONCACAF Nations League quarter-finals. Hopefully it's not dented his confidence.

We've struggled of late, picking up one point from our previous four games. Contrastingly, Wolves have picked up three wins in their last six, performing well under Gary O'Neil after many tipped them to finish in or around the bottom three. That still may end up being the case, but their making a decent fist of it – and this one will be tough, make no mistake.
ℹ️ MATCH DETAILS

Kick-Off: Monday, 8.00PM
Stadium: Craven Cottage
Competition: Premier League
TV Channel (UK): Sky Sports

🚦 LEAGUE FORM

Fulham: ❌ ✅ ❌ ⬜ ❌ ❌
Wolves: ✅ ⬜ ✅ ⬜ ❌ ✅
⚖️ MATCH PROBABILITY

Fulham: 38.6%
Draw: 30.1%
Wolves: 31.3%
🥊 MOST RECENT MATCHES

Feb 23: Fulham 1-1 Wolves
Aug 22: Wolves 0-0 Fulham
Apr 21: Fulham 0-1 Wolves
Oct 20: Wolves 1-0 Fulham

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2023-11-24-before-the-whistle-fulham-v-wolverhampton-wanderers/

WhiteJC

Colombia international reveals leaving Fulham was 'important decision' – 'Really wasn't' a step backwards
Already loaned to Standard Liège last season, Steven Alzate was sent back to the Jupiler Pro League side from Brighton this summer.

What many people don't know about the London born Colombia international, however, is that he spent a chunk of his youth at Fulham before going to Leyton Orient.

The midfielder sat down with DH to discuss his career to date, including his spell with the Craven Cottage side.

The 25-year-old, already capped seven times for Colombia, was asked about his time at Fulham, which happened when he was very young.

Describing his time at Craven Cottage as a 'great learning curve', Alzate also pointed out that his technical side came naturally to him, with the physical and tactical aspects of football coming at a later date.

Then, a big decision needed to be made.

He said: "Leaving Fulham for Leyton Orient was an important decision in my life. At first glance, it seems like a step backwards, but it really wasn't. With my father, we told ourselves it was the best thing to do. I needed to get out of my comfort zone at Fulham to grow. Leyton Orient was also closer to home. I spent great years there."

Joining Leyton Orient in 2016 after leaving Fulham, the player made his way to the first-team, where he played 12 games, scored one goal and assisted another two before Brighton came swooping in.

He has also enjoyed a spell on loan at Swindon Town, before heading to Belgium for them first time last season.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/colombia-international-reveals-leaving-fulham-important-decision-really-wasnt-step-backwards/

WhiteJC

Marco's Pre-Wolves Press Conference
Marco Silva returned to his press conference duties following the latest international break as he prepares his side to face Wolverhampton Wanderers on Monday night.

A number of his squad were called up for international duty, something that offers problems as well as being a good sign of the work being done on the pitch at club level.

"It's a good sign that we have 13, 14 players away over the last two international weeks," he started.

"On the other side of the coin, of course not the best time for us to work when you have two or three injured players.

"We had the normal seven, eight players to work with but it's part of the plan.

"It's good for us that the game is going to be on Monday, to give us enough time to prepare."

On team news, Marco revealed the four players that won't be available for selection: "Issa Diop, Adama Traoré is going to be out too, plus Rodrigo Muniz and Ty Francois."

Marco was asked about the recent revelation that there have been 15 per cent more injuries than in the previous four seasons at this stage of the season.

"It's difficult to find reasons," Marco said. "It's been a tough situation with some key players, important players for us, sometimes in the same position.

"It's difficult to say that the reason is A, B, C or D, of course we try to understand why things happen."

In our last game before the international break, Raúl Jiménez scored what was his first goal for Fulham, something that Marco hopes gives him more confidence moving forward.

"It was really important for him first of all," he said. "We lost the game so it's not the same feeling when a player has scored a goal and you lost the game.

"He is always trying to help the team. Definitely, we are going to see more confidence for sure.

"But now it's up to him to keep working hard and to be more confident in certain moments around the box because he has the capacity to do it. He has the quality to do it as well."

We face Monday's opponents off the back of an impressive home win over high-flying Tottenham Hotspur but Marco expects a reaction from his side.

"Of course, they are confident right now and we respect that," Marco confirmed when asked.

"We know that Gary's doing a good job, last season as well at Bournemouth too and of course we know what they are capable to do. It is up to us to do to try to do better."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/november/24/Marcos-Pre-Wolves-Press-Conference/

WhiteJC

Fulham v Wolverhampton Wanderers

TEAM NEWS
Fulham will be without Joao Palhinha, who is serving a one-match ban for accumulating five yellow cards.

Issa Diop remains out with a foot injury, while Adama Traore, Tyrese Francois and Rodrigo Muniz are also sidelined.

Craig Dawson is suspended for Wolves but Mario Lemina is fit despite rolling his ankle while playing for Gabon.

Pedro Neto is progressing well after a hamstring injury but this game comes too soon for him.

Mario Lemina is fit despite rolling his ankle while playing for Gabon during the international break.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

Wolves are unbeaten in all six league meetings with Fulham since their return to the Premier League in 2018 (W3, D3).
    Fulham have won just one of their past 14 league games against Wolves (D4, L9); that was a 2-0 home win in the Championship in February 2018.
    Neither side has scored more than one goal in any of the last six encounters.

Fulham

Fulham have lost three of their past four league matches.
    The Cottagers have scored 10 Premier League goals in their 12 league games. At this stage last season, they had scored 22, including nine by Aleksandar Mitrovic.
    Fulham have scored just two first-half goals in this season's top flight, the joint-lowest total.
    They have lost their last six Premier League games on a Monday night, failing to score in five of them.
    Between them, current Fulham players Raul Jimenez and Adama Traore scored 50 Premier League goals for Wolves.

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Wolves have lost just one of their past seven top-flight fixtures (W3, D3).
    They have scored at least once in 11 successive Premier League games, their longest scoring streak since 2019.
    Gary O'Neil's side have scored six goals in the final 10 minutes of Premier League matches this season, three of which have been winners.
    Their solitary clean sheet in the last 22 Premier League away fixtures came in a 1-0 win at Everton in August.
    Wolves are winless in their last 11 Premier League matches in London (D3, L8).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67470815

WhiteJC

O'Neil could boldly ditch Hwang for Wolves' £90k-p/w gem
Wolves face Fulham in their first match back after the international break.

Wolverhampton Wanderers are motoring in the right direction, especially following their wonderful comeback victory over Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League prior to the international break.

This should give Gary O'Neil plenty of confidence as his side prepare to take on Fulham in their first fixture back, but he must be wary of complacency.

Indeed, Wolves have defeated Spurs and Manchester City while drawing with Newcastle United, yet they have slipped to defeat against Sheffield United and Ipswich Town this term.

The performance vs Spurs was a step in the right direction, yet not everyone was impressive during the match...

Hee-Chan Hwang's game vs Spurs in numbers
The South Korean forward has been in splendid form this season, scoring seven goals in just 13 games, while chipping in with three assists.

He drew a blank against Spurs, however, in what was one of his worst performances this term. The 27-year-old managed just one shot during the tie, and it was off target, while succeeding with just 25% of his dribble attempts, indicating that he wasn't quite the danger in the final third that he often has been.

The forward also was careless in possession, losing the ball 11 times and he managed to complete just 12 passes during the match, the lowest out of the Wolves starting XI.

With a winnable tie against the Cottagers fast approaching, O'Neil could boldly ditch Hwang for a player who made an instant impact against Spurs – Pablo Sarabia.

Pablo Sarabia's season in numbers
While the Spaniard isn't a centre-forward, O'Neil could adapt his formation to drop Hwang to the bench and give the £90k-per-week maestro a starting berth against the Cottagers.

The former Paris Saint-Germain gem – lauded as "impressive" by Thomas Tuchel previously – enjoyed a solid cameo against the North London side a couple of weeks ago.

He replaced midfielder Joao Gomes with just three minutes of normal time remaining and after only a few minutes on the pitch, he netted the equaliser.

Not only that, but the 31-year-old even managed to squeeze in an assist for Mario Lemina's winner, while he also made one key pass and created one big chance – all in just a 12-minute spell on the pitch.

While his ability to make an immediate impact from the bench is a weapon O'Neil is utilising, Sarabia certainly deserves a start against Fulham on Monday evening.

He has started only four matches all season, but during those appearances from the first whistle, the winger has registered three assists – all against Blackpool in the EFL Cup – and if he can replicate his display from a few weeks ago, he could offer Wolves something different in the attack.

Hwang wasn't quite at the races against Ange Postecoglou's men prior to the international break and, in order to carry on their good form of late, O'Neil should drop him to the bench and unleash Sarabia instead.

Depending on other results across the weekend, a win for the Old Gold could see them enter the top half of the table, and it might just be the catalyst for a solid run into the festive season.

https://www.footballfancast.com/wolverhampton-wanderers-gary-o-neil-pablo-sarabia/

WhiteJC

Marco Silva confirms Adama Traore has suffered injury setback before Fulham's clash with Wolves
Cottagers boss expecting tough test from in-form visitors

Fulham boss Marco Silva expects Wolves to be brimming with confidence in Monday night's Premier League meeting between the two sides.

The Portuguese revealed also Adama Traore has suffered a setback in his return from a hamstring injury, while Issa Diop and Rodrigo Muniz both remain sidelined.

Wolves struck twice in stoppage time to beat Tottenham 2-1 at Molineux before the international break and also count Manchester City among their four league scalps this season.

Fulham will be aiming to bounce back from successive league defeats and Silva told the club's official website: "Wolves are a tough team to play against, they have been showing that.

"They have been enthusiastic with some of the games they have won and the way they have won.

"At the end of the match they were losing against Tottenham and the way they won the game was of course a big leap for them.

"It gives them more confidence as normal, but we have to look out for ourselves.

"Big respect for them and the way they play. We are aware of it and the players they have, for sure.

"But it's up to us to express ourselves. The home support is going to be really important for us to be able to win the game."

Fulham, 15th in the table, three points behind Wolves and seven clear of the relegation zone, are winless in four league games and lost their last two to Manchester United and Aston Villa.

Silva added: "We want to react because it's the first time that we have had back-to-back defeats and it's always important to have a game as quick as we can to show a reaction and build from that moment."

Additional reporting from PA

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/traore-injury-news-fulham-fc-wolves-premier-league-2023-b1122708.html

WhiteJC

Silva hopes Jimenez can kick-start Fulham career
 Marco Silva believes Raul Jimenez's goal against Aston Villa will do him the world of good ahead of Monday's match against his former club Wolves at Craven Cottage.

Jimenez scored a late consolation in the 3-1 defeat at Villa Park before the international break, ending a goal drought dating back to March 2022 when he found the net at Molineux in a 4-0 win over Watford.

The Mexico striker has struggled to fill the void left by Aleksandar Mitrovic, but Whites boss Silva is hopeful the goal against Villa will kick-start his Fulham career.

"It was really important for him," Silva said.

"It's not the same feeling when you lose the game, but it takes the weight off his back.

"It's been tough for him. I hope he can keep working hard. He never gave up. We will see him confident for sure."

Monday's game is the first of nine in December for Fulham, who have lost of their past four matches.

"Our players are ready for that period, there is very little between the teams behind or ahead of us and each game is a chance to perform," Silva said said

Fulham will be without the suspended Joao Palhinha, with Adama Traore also still unavailable to face his former club after suffering a setback in his recovery from a hamstring problem.

Central defender Issa Diop is still out with a foot injury.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/silva-hopes-jimenez-can-kick-start-fulham-career

WhiteJC

Silva hopes Fulham can kickstart campaign
Marco Silva hopes Fulham can reignite their stuttering Premier League campaign at Craven Cottage against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Monday night.

The Whites went into the international break having been well beaten at in-form Aston Villa a week after a shattering late defeat at the hands of Manchester United. The Fulham boss believes that the gap in club football may have come at a good time for his side and feels that the number of first-team players in action for their countries shows the progress that the club are making.

He told his pre-match press conference this afternoon:

"It's a good sign that we have 13, 14 players away over the last two international weeks. On the other side of the coin, of course not the best time for us to work when you have two or three injured players. We had the normal seven, eight players to work with but it's part of the plan. It's good for us that the game is going to be on Monday, to give us enough time to prepare."

Silva confirmed that Fulham will remain without a number of injured players and that Adama Traore, who returned from a long injury lay-off at Villa Park, has suffered another setback and will not be available to feature against his old club.

"Issa Diop, Adama Traoré is going to be out too, plus Rodrigo Muniz and Tyrese Francois. It's difficult to find reasons. It's been a tough situation with some key players, important players for us, sometimes in the same position. It's difficult to say that the reason is A, B, C or D, of course we try to understand why things happen."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/11/silva-hopes-fulham-can-kickstart-campaign/