watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silvas new deal

Started by MickTheBeard, November 26, 2023, 06:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickTheBeard

It really makes me wonder considering the timing of silvas contract why after the window had shut and mitro and the saga of our defensive midfielder why sign now it doesn't make sense can't buy anyone till jan,not playing well players might not want to come,what has changed his mind,alright extra money if we get relegated with more expensive signings,more problems to get rid of high earners what has changed we can't score,and it won't make a good cv for Marco if we go down,it seems very odd.

perry geyton

If we fire him down the line on a full contact he gets paid in full £££

filham

With our current league position, goal scoring problem and three expensive strikers of his choice it must be nice to have the security of a long contract and a fat salary.

Somerset Fulham

It is staggering that the same people who were calling him things such as 'the greatest' and 'genius' only a month or two ago are now uttering forth such absolute bilge.

Marcel_Gecov

Clearly the Khans trust him and see him as someone for our future, None of the issues currently can be attributed to him directly and if we win tomorrow we are midtable. Not sure why this is even a thread to be honest. Pointless.

hovewhite

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 26, 2023, 06:49:40 PMIt is staggering that the same people who were calling him things such as 'the greatest' and 'genius' only a month or two ago are now uttering forth such absolute bilge.

that's the life of a manager,but under SKs tenure he is the one manager he's appionted I trust his judgement.
I knew when the mercanary left it would be result wise a less than average season after the last couple but still think we will be fine because of the manager as even without a striker the squad has been improved and the mid season window think we will strengthen again.
Only uncertainty for me is a PL level striker as they are gold dust.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: hovewhite on November 26, 2023, 09:20:27 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 26, 2023, 06:49:40 PMIt is staggering that the same people who were calling him things such as 'the greatest' and 'genius' only a month or two ago are now uttering forth such absolute bilge.

that's the life of a manager,but under SKs tenure he is the one manager he's appionted I trust his judgement.
I knew when the mercanary left it would be result wise a less than average season after the last couple but still think we will be fine because of the manager as even without a striker the squad has been improved and the mid season window think we will strengthen again.

I agree with all of that Hove. This season was never going to be stellar, it was always going to be a scrap. I don't really know why people are surprised by it.

hovewhite

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 26, 2023, 09:24:01 PM

I agree with all of that Hove. This season was never going to be stellar, it was always going to be a scrap. I don't really know why people are surprised by it.

I was thinking I'm on my own with the thoughts as to me it just makes sense,how you can lose the focal point of the team and more so the manager and was surprised he resigned.

sarnian

I think most supporters would agree we over achieved last season so is it really a surprise that second season syndrome has seen us under achieve this.

Hopefully we can make a couple of January signings to ease any pressure and then reduce the age of the squad in the summer to push forward.

FFC1987

Hmm I seem to recall a lot of posters claiming we'd be fine mid table, have things to build on and we'd be no where near a relegation fight. The few that were cautious were mainly shouted down was my recollection. Don't remember the general theme being one of pessimism.   

Southcoastffc

Quote from: hovewhite on November 26, 2023, 09:28:35 PM

I was thinking I'm on my own with the thoughts as to me it just makes sense,how you can lose the focal point of the team and more so the manager and was surprised he resigned.
I did a double take then realised you meant re-signed!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

perry geyton

Bilge ? In reference to what ?

Just saying he's financially stable no matter what !
It doesn't mean we don't love him still

Top manager in my eyes, always will be,
My only criticism of him is why is he not giving Tom Cairney more game time, other then that I can't fault him

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 26, 2023, 09:38:16 PM

Hmm I seem to recall a lot of posters claiming we'd be fine mid table, have things to build on and we'd be no where near a relegation fight. The few that were cautious were mainly shouted down was my recollection. Don't remember the general theme being one of pessimism.   

Midtable is 13th, 14th upward?  I'm still good with that, although I probably shouldn't have used the word 'scrap' with its connotations.

filham

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on November 26, 2023, 09:20:18 PMClearly the Khans trust him and see him as someone for our future, None of the issues currently can be attributed to him directly and if we win tomorrow we are midtable. Not sure why this is even a thread to be honest. Pointless.
[/quote

Perhaps because we have scored but ten goals, tried 3 good target men and our leading scorer is a defensive midfielder midfielder, suggesting perhaps that a change in tactics is needed.

H4usuallysitting

To me - it's stability for the club.... he's done & is doing a good job....

FFC1987

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 26, 2023, 10:00:23 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 26, 2023, 09:38:16 PM

Midtable is 13th, 14th upward?  I'm still good with that, although I probably shouldn't have used the word 'scrap' with its connotations.

I'd absolutely settle now for 13-14th! Currently quite hard to see even with Everton's deduction. Hopefully tomorrow gives up a boost but pessimistic. Just being clear of the relegation places by like 8-11 points is fine with me till we sort this squad out come next season.

Arthur

Quote from: MickTheBeard on November 26, 2023, 06:10:42 PMIt really makes me wonder considering the timing of silvas contract why after the window had shut and mitro and the saga of our defensive midfielder why sign now it doesn't make sense can't buy anyone till jan,not playing well players might not want to come,what has changed his mind,alright extra money if we get relegated with more expensive signings,more problems to get rid of high earners what has changed we can't score,and it won't make a good cv for Marco if we go down,it seems very odd.

As it was widely reported earlier in the year Marco wouldn't sign a new contract because he wasn't convinced his ambitions for the Club were matched by the Club itself, it's hardly stretching it far to work out he most likely changed his mind because he is now satisfied that he and the Club are on the same page.

After all, what alternatives are there? That the Club gave Silva an ultimatum? Sign a new contract or you'll be fired. And Marco folded. Really?

There are times when the obvious answer is the answer.

Willham

Quote from: Arthur on November 27, 2023, 01:01:29 AM
Quote from: MickTheBeard on November 26, 2023, 06:10:42 PMIt really makes me wonder considering the timing of silvas contract why after the window had shut and mitro and the saga of our defensive midfielder why sign now it doesn't make sense can't buy anyone till jan,not playing well players might not want to come,what has changed his mind,alright extra money if we get relegated with more expensive signings,more problems to get rid of high earners what has changed we can't score,and it won't make a good cv for Marco if we go down,it seems very odd.

As it was widely reported earlier in the year Marco wouldn't sign a new contract because he wasn't convinced his ambitions for the Club were matched by the Club itself, it's hardly stretching it far to work out he most likely changed his mind because he is now satisfied that he and the Club are on the same page.

After all, what alternatives are there? That the Club gave Silva an ultimatum? Sign a new contract or you'll be fired. And Marco folded. Really?

There are times when the obvious answer is the answer.

Well, yeah but this thread is trying to understand what has happened to prove that ambition to silva, we'll never know for sure but I thought the point was to speculate,

Maybe the club have already lined up some signings, made contact and started the pre talks already and that's proved to silva the ambition.

As you mentioned with the reports, many of them speculated it was the lack of transfer action that was keeping silva unhappy. So maybe?

alfie

I never understand when people say we "over achieved", we played the games, got the points and finished where we did. I don't see that is in any way over achieving.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Whitestone

Quote from: alfie on November 27, 2023, 09:29:49 AMI never understand when people say we "over achieved", we played the games, got the points and finished where we did. I don't see that is in any way over achieving.

We did better than expected so on that basis we overachieved. Don't forget we were the bookies and pretty much everyone's favourites for relegation.