A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wolves Post-Match Thread and FOF MOTM Fulham 3v2 Wolves = Cairney

Started by love4ffc, November 27, 2023, 10:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who was your FOF MOTM against Wolves and why?  

Leno
4 (1.1%)
Castagne
21 (5.9%)
Bassey
22 (6.1%)
Ream                🟨 19'
2 (0.6%)
Robinson         👟 assist 7'
0 (0%)
Reed                  ⬇️ 77'
1 (0.3%)
Cairney          
187 (52.2%)
Iwobi               ⚽️7'
58 (16.2%)
Pereira              🔁 76'
1 (0.3%)
WIllian              ⚽️ Penality 59'  ⚽️ Penality90+4    🔁 90+5'
60 (16.8%)
Jimenez             🔁 76'
0 (0%)
Vinicius             🔁 76'  
0 (0%)
H. WIlson          🔁 76'     🟨88'
1 (0.3%)
Tosin                🔁 90+5
0 (0%)
Lukic                🔁 90+5
1 (0.3%)

Total Members Voted: 358

Voting closed: November 29, 2023, 10:10:28 PM

Woolly Mammoth

Tom Cairney was my mom,
he showed class and is a genuine playmaker and creates chances more than any other player on the books.
A midfield general we have been missing.
He makes time for himself and his first touch is sublime as opposed to some players who could not trap a bag of cement.
A player with vision.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bill taylors apprentice

Would be interesting to know if Jimenez was already on the recruitment radar before Mitro downed tools?

I guess he was a reasonable punt (albeit expensive salary wise) no disrespect to him but it failed.

Are we playing to his strengths, maybe not but even on an off day Mitro caused problems while this guy contributes almost nothing.

Vini does an occasional Job but clearly not the answer, Muniz could be but I doubt he will be given a long run to develop his game.

Time to adjust the tactics at least until the window opens.

Woolly Mammoth

I enjoyed the match which was full of drama and one or two concerns, but a massive three points which was the most important matter we had to bring back to the dressing room after the spectacle.
So my eldest son and i drove home happy men.
However we agreed in the car on the way back that as a unit our defence at times resembled the key stone cops.
I thought Bassey had a good game and i was pleased to see Tosin come on to boost the defence, but unfortunately and i hate to say it but Ream showed he is the weakest link, and he worries me.
We deserved to win the match but we were fortunate not concede more goals, as there were a couple of calamities which we got away with on the night.
Once again last night showed regrettably that Jeminez and Vinny are just not good enough no matter how much you spin it.
There will be tougher matches to come and we are basically punchless up front over a whole game.
Add the dodgy defending at times and it creates a cocktail of genuine concern.
Just my take on observing from the Hammy end but
Nevertheless we shall enjoy the three points which could be very crucial at the end of the season.
A massive result under the circumstances which will boost moral and team spirit and confidence, although we do need surgery in January.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Cobh Fulham Fan

Another way of looking at this is - we won the game because MItro didnt take the penalties! :slap:

hovewhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 28, 2023, 09:17:42 AMI enjoyed the match which was full of drama and one or two concerns, but a massive three points which was the most important matter we had to bring back to the dressing room after the spectacle.
So my eldest son and i drove home happy men.
However we agreed in the car on the way back that as a unit our defence at times resembled the key stone cops.
I thought Bassey had a good game and i was pleased to see Tosin come on to boost the defence, but unfortunately and i hate to say it but Ream showed he is the weakest link, and he worries me.
We deserved to win the match but we were fortunate not concede more goals, as there were a couple of calamities which we got away with on the night.
Once again last night showed regrettably that Jeminez and Vinny are just not good enough no matter how much you spin it.
There will be tougher matches to come and we are basically punchless up front over a whole game.
Add the dodgy defending at times and it creates a cocktail of genuine concern.
Just my take on observing from the Hammy end but
Nevertheless we shall enjoy the three points which could be very crucial at the end of the season.
A massive result under the circumstances which will boost moral and team spirit and confidence, although we do need surgery in January.

these games v mid table and lower we need positive results home and away rest of the season and we will be fine it can be helped by getting a proper fit quality striker target man who can get 10 to 15 goals.

wback

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 28, 2023, 09:17:42 AMi hate to say it but Ream showed he is the weakest link, and he worries me.

Still the best on the ball of our CHs, but the trade off is for speed and strength. Pretty sure all three other CHs wouldn't have had the penalty given against them last night because a) they'd have got there sooner and b) their size would have made it look more like a "coming together".

Ream still just about gets the nod, but is only a mistake + a fit Diop away from losing his place.

alfie

Quote from: Twig on November 27, 2023, 10:18:33 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on November 27, 2023, 10:13:27 PM
Quote from: demeant0r on November 27, 2023, 10:07:06 PMI feel so relieved! Great performance from Iwobi and Cairney. What is up with Vini? He's done this several times this season where he just unnecessarily instigates something.
Vini was great in preseason and was okay in his first few matches, but recently he has become a red card waiting to happen and offers next to nothing going forward. Raul is also very poor. I really hope Muniz comes back soon as he offers by far the most out of those three, in my opinon.

On the game, in the first half, I thought we had both good and bad moments and a draw was a fair result at half time. I thought we were the better team in the second half and deserved the win. Bar a few big defensive mistakes, we were pretty good.

I'd swap Palhinha for Reed, Tete for Castagne and Tosin for Ream in the next game for me.

I think those changes should clearly be made and then we should look a lot more solid. My big issue is who on earth Marco plays up front?
I see no reason for Castagne to be dropped, and why not play Bobby,D.R up front, at least he will be a bit lively.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Bill2

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 27, 2023, 10:07:00 PMWell we take the result but Vinicius should not be considered as a player we should use. Frankly he could have been sent off twice in his last few appearances. I will need to see the penalties but the opinion is that out of three given tonight only the Wolves one was clear.

Still we have had the luck of decisions tonight for the first time in some time. Against a Wolves side who are coming into form. I will take the points over the performance. But tonight does nothing to ease the doubt over our play. But players are coming back from injury. Which is a plus and three points is a big bonus.
Thought Wilson's was a stone wall in one. Others looked a bit iffy.

Colton F.C.

Too soon to call time on Tim 'Reeeeam' Ream.  For those that can remember, in 2015 when he arrived he was too slow then and clearly not up to the job.  Despite a few disasters along the way he has shown amazing resliance and ablity to work at his game in overcoming the pace issue to become the main man.  Last season was his best ever and despite a poor performance I do not detect a sudden collapse.  No doubt he will be reflecting on his play last night and working on how to do it better.

Ronnief

With Ream, Robinson Jimenez playing on the other side of the pond in International matches prior to the Wolves match it appeared that all three struggled with their game. Would it be that Jet lag has a greater effect on players ability and concentration than we realise. Ream I believe particularly struggles after internationals and certainly Robinsons concentration was lacking last night. Jimenez didn't appear to be in the match at all and that his lack of playing for Mexico shows that he is probably past it for this league.

Cumbrian White

Quote from: Bill2 on November 28, 2023, 11:09:30 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 27, 2023, 10:07:00 PMWell we take the result but Vinicius should not be considered as a player we should use. Frankly he could have been sent off twice in his last few appearances. I will need to see the penalties but the opinion is that out of three given tonight only the Wolves one was clear.

Still we have had the luck of decisions tonight for the first time in some time. Against a Wolves side who are coming into form. I will take the points over the performance. But tonight does nothing to ease the doubt over our play. But players are coming back from injury. Which is a plus and three points is a big bonus.
Thought Wilson's was a stone wall in one. Others looked a bit iffy.

He looked as though he was already collapsing before the "challenge". Not sure what contact there was for TC to fall like he'd been shot by a snipe either.

Poor performance in a VAR assisted win. Can't take any positives other than we can trust Willian on pens.

JimOG

Quote from: alfie on November 28, 2023, 11:06:16 AM
Quote from: Twig on November 27, 2023, 10:18:33 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on November 27, 2023, 10:13:27 PM
Quote from: demeant0r on November 27, 2023, 10:07:06 PMI feel so relieved! Great performance from Iwobi and Cairney. What is up with Vini? He's done this several times this season where he just unnecessarily instigates something.
Vini was great in preseason and was okay in his first few matches, but recently he has become a red card waiting to happen and offers next to nothing going forward. Raul is also very poor. I really hope Muniz comes back soon as he offers by far the most out of those three, in my opinon.

On the game, in the first half, I thought we had both good and bad moments and a draw was a fair result at half time. I thought we were the better team in the second half and deserved the win. Bar a few big defensive mistakes, we were pretty good.

I'd swap Palhinha for Reed, Tete for Castagne and Tosin for Ream in the next game for me.

I think those changes should clearly be made and then we should look a lot more solid. My big issue is who on earth Marco plays up front?
I see no reason for Castagne to be dropped, and why not play Bobby,D.R up front, at least he will be a bit lively.

Agree about Castagne - I think Tete is an exceptional defender but Castagne plays further forward for Belgium. Could he play alongside Joao instead of Reed?

Hatch007

Perry Geyton
[/quote]
Your just saying that cos he gave away a penalty, other then that he was solid as usual today,,,,
[/quote]

I'm a huge Tim Ream fan but the penalty was not his only mistake last night.

When Hwang ran through the middle in the first half after a wayward pass from Reed, Ream was slow to get across/react and (rightly) chose to pull out of a challenge to avoid a possible red card. A quicker player would have covered in time to make a clean challenge.

In the second half Ream lost possession by the touch line right near the half way line. Wolves countered down our left side and only an excellent last ditch covering tackle by Castagne prevented a tap-in for Wolves.

As I say, love Tim and Silva won't drop him for the foreseeable future I imagine BUT I'm keen to see a pairing of Bassey and Diop, or Tosin if he re-signs and gets back to his best form

Hatch007

Quote from: alfie link=msg=1466790

/quote]

Brighton away last season was proof enough that BDR up top and central is NOT the answer, unfortunately.

Chutney

C O Y W

alfie

Quote from: Hatch007 on November 28, 2023, 12:30:55 PM
Quote from: alfie link=msg=1466790

/quote]

Brighton away last season was proof enough that BDR up top and central is NOT the answer, unfortunately.
He is not the answer, but until January we cannot do anything, so why not, he will certainly be more active than Raul and Vinci.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SerbianLad

Quote from: Chutney on November 28, 2023, 12:40:34 PMwho voted for lukic?  ::cry::
No disrespect to them, but Lukic and Reed have no business getting any votes and both have one. One played for about 10 minutes and showed nothing,the other was one of our worst players yesterday in my opinion.

SerbianLad

Quote from: alfie on November 28, 2023, 11:06:16 AMI see no reason for Castagne to be dropped, and why not play Bobby,D.R up front, at least he will be a bit lively.
I think he has been pretty good, but Tete is far better defensively and offers as much, if not more on the other end of the pitch too (people forget only TAA had more assists last season when it comes to rbs and offered a lot even besides assists).

Carborundum

Quote from: Hatch007 on November 28, 2023, 12:18:21 PMPerry Geyton
Your just saying that cos he gave away a penalty, other then that he was solid as usual today,,,,
[/quote]

I'm a huge Tim Ream fan but the penalty was not his only mistake last night.

When Hwang ran through the middle in the first half after a wayward pass from Reed, Ream was slow to get across/react and (rightly) chose to pull out of a challenge to avoid a possible red card. A quicker player would have covered in time to make a clean challenge.

In the second half Ream lost possession by the touch line right near the half way line. Wolves countered down our left side and only an excellent last ditch covering tackle by Castagne prevented a tap-in for Wolves.

As I say, love Tim and Silva won't drop him for the foreseeable future I imagine BUT I'm keen to see a pairing of Bassey and Diop, or Tosin if he re-signs and gets back to his best form
[/quote]I'm not a huge Tim Ream fan, though I respect his character and marvel at the Indian Summer to his career that has been carved out by sheer hard work.  He's a fine man.

But last night featured a series of simple plays where his deficiencies were exploited by opposition who were good, but not amongst the very best in the division.  Even with the opposition we beat, I don't see starting players taking the field who show such targetable deficiencies.

Football only works as a meritocracy. Twenty five in a squad and only eleven can start.  Nothing personal.  With fitness problems improving, if we don't pick our two best centre backs we deserve everything we get.  Right now, there's 19 teams hoping to see him in the starting line up next time we meet.