watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Castagne

Started by COLMAN, November 28, 2023, 03:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Not really missed Tete so difficult to make a case for Tete.

Whitestone

Quote from: hovewhite on November 29, 2023, 10:31:59 AMNot really missed Tete so difficult to make a case for Tete.

That's difficult to quantify but IMO with Tete we are more of a goal threat so we have missed him. Also, judging by the comments on here I'd say that the majority of supporters believe that Tete is the better of the two so on that basis he should be starting now. Its Silva's call to make at the end of the day.

Jim©

I agree that he's gone under the radar a bit- a pretty classy player on the ball and a decent defender.
His block when he covered acrss to prevent an almost certain goal was excellent.
His one on one defending isn't quite as good as Kenny's i'd say, but he's better with the ball. As said before- I think it's his position to lose.

bencher

Tete is one of those players who might be more highly rated by fans than by the coach. Think how he was dropped for Neco Williams for a good couple of months in 2022.

I hope Tete will start v Liverpool but I expect Silva to keep Timothy there.

simplyfulham

Quote from: bencher on November 29, 2023, 11:56:04 AMTete is one of those players who might be more highly rated by fans than by the coach. Think how he was dropped for Neco Williams for a good couple of months in 2022.

I think that was more due to injury/fitness issues IIRC

I Ronic

Quote from: Yamus on November 28, 2023, 09:01:19 PMTete on the right Tosin Bassey Castagne. Let's have footballers not athletes

Would agree with the above. At the present moment in time I think we need a solid defence. Our goal difference could well bite us on the backside later in the season.

FreiBird

People saying not sure what Castagne brings when he single handedly stopped 2 tap ins which resulted in us winning the game, do people actually watch football?

heylookitsjacob

I'm not a big fan of castagne but it's because my perception is still colored with his horrible positioning for the first aston villa goal a couple weeks ago.

It seems like he's a better defender the closer the ball gets to the goal. Would much rather have Tete on, but I'll support Silva in his picks.

alfie

We mustn't overlook the fact that even Tete makes mistakes.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

YankeeJim

Could Castagne take over Jaol's position if he chases the money on January?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

AJW48361

Tim has a fantastic engine definitely a option playing ahead of Kenny down the Right Hand side especially against the likes of Liverpool.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: AJW48361 on November 29, 2023, 08:13:57 PMTim has a fantastic engine definitely a option playing ahead of Kenny down the Right Hand side especially against the likes of Liverpool.

Wouldn't mind seeing that
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Whitesideup

There are negative comments about Castagne's one-on-one defending, but when we played Utd, Garnacho looked very bright all game. But I thought Castagne had a great game against him. Sure we got caught out for the Wolves first goal, but Castagne was marking a player .. just the wrong one. Could he and Reed have sorted it better between them? .. possibly, but I don't think Castagne was entirely to blame.

lamby

He played on the right wing for Belgium, not right back. I know we have options there, but he did look good further up front.

Thailand Mick

I think Castagne is Marco's number one right back and was one of the signing he really wanted to get over the line. I believe Tete will find it very difficult to replace him and I can see him leaving in the summer in search of first team football.

JimOG

Quote from: Thailand Mick on December 01, 2023, 04:31:59 AMI think Castagne is Marco's number one right back and was one of the signing he really wanted to get over the line. I believe Tete will find it very difficult to replace him and I can see him leaving in the summer in search of first team football.

It certainly seemed that Castagne was high on his list but it could be his versatility Marco admired. Moreover, and rightly, he was aware of Kenny's injury record and didn't believe he'd be as lucky as last year when he missed only 5 games. I'd have both in - Tete in defence, Castagne further upfield

S.F.Sorrow

Castagne has been great! Possibly our most important signing this summer. We now have two excellent right backs in the squad, which is important with Tete's injury record. But Tete, when match fit, is one of the best RBs in the Premier League. Tete would be my choice. Maybe a bit harsh on Castagne but Tete at his best is a step above.

TC's Sporran

i think marco is a big believer of those who train hardest get the shirt. and to lose your place you have to have more than one stinker. so its castagnes shirt to lose.