watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Playing Cairney was the reason we won

Started by Nick Bateman, November 28, 2023, 04:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Finally Marco Silva has involved club captain Tom Cairney in the first team, not as an impact sub. He is a playmaker and can even score goals.

Perhaps the reason was because Palhinha was suspended but one hopes Silva has seen the error of his ways that had Fulham languishing jusr above the relgation zone.

Last night's win was vital in restoring belief that we shall stay up. Fulham hadn't had a penalty up till yesterday and had 3 given against.

Leno should remember to wait for the ball to be kicked - it was embarassing that such a fine goalie looked like a fool diving out of the way of a very basic shot.

Alternatively, Willam showed what a great penalty taker he is!

Afterwards Gary O'Neill showed what a sore loser he is, complaining about every decision to encouragement by Sky. I once considered him to be a good candidate as a future Manchester United manager, but he went down in my estimation last night. Wolves were also very easy for Fulham to play around, and his subs made the team worse.

As for Fulham we shall be getting Palhinha back but I would like to see the inclusion of Adama Troare as he looked impressive coming on the other day.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

davew

I thought that Gary O'Neill handled the penalty decisions pretty well, Wolves have had quite a few bad decisions against them this season. VAR worked in our favour for once, but I would scrap it! I too would like to see Adama Traore but not likely for a while as he seems continually injured, not a good signing......so far.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Grassy Noel

I felt sorry for Gary O'Neill being dragged out before Sky after meeting the refs.He clearly needed 24 hours or so to mull over everything that had happened on the pitch and then been discussed at the meeting but nonappearance is hardly an option.

Litrecola_

The old boys still have some juice in their legs it seems.

Blawarmy

Cairney is class!! We've had our fair share of rubbish decisions against us, massively outweighing for. About time we had some decisions in our favour!!

FishaPrice

Cairney was the best player on the pitch last night. He absolutely ran the show.

Cambridge Away

Cairney was massively involved in the game. Same with Robinson. Both did make some slight errors, but when you are involved so much in the game the occasional error is inconsequential

TC's Sporran

one thing  that surely got put to bed last night is the constant claim by some on here that tc is only good for half an hour. his legs have gone etc.  in fact after 50 mins he was playing his best football.
last time he got motm and played the full game in a cup match he was on the bench next game.
and i reckon sadly silva will do the same v liverpool.

Twig

TC was terrific agreed. However I cannot agree with your criticism of O'Neill.

perry geyton

ianthailand

Quote from: Nick Bateman on November 28, 2023, 04:58:25 PMFinally Marco Silva has involved club captain Tom Cairney in the first team, not as an impact sub. He is a playmaker and can even score goals.

Perhaps the reason was because Palhinha was suspended but one hopes Silva has seen the error of his ways that had Fulham languishing jusr above the relgation zone.

Last night's win was vital in restoring belief that we shall stay up. Fulham hadn't had a penalty up till yesterday and had 3 given against.

Leno should remember to wait for the ball to be kicked - it was embarassing that such a fine goalie looked like a fool diving out of the way of a very basic shot.

Afterwards Gary O'Neill showed what a sore loser he is, complaining about every decision to encouragement by Sky. I once considered him to be a good candidate as a future Manchester United manager, but he went down in my estimation last night. Wolves were also very easy for Fulham to play around, and his subs made the team worse.

As for Fulham we shall be getting Palhinha back but I would like to see the inclusion of Adama Troare as he looked impressive coming on the other day.
When did he come on the other day? He's been out injured for weeks.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: Nick Bateman on November 28, 2023, 04:58:25 PMFinally Marco Silva has involved club captain Tom Cairney in the first team, not as an impact sub. He is a playmaker and can even score goals.

I was enjoying your post until I got to Leno, the Wolves goalkeeper waited for Willian to kick the ball and still never saved either penalty and as for Gary O'Neill complaining about one penalty decision being reviewed by the referee but not the other and Vini being sent off. Doesn't that remind you of old Trafford when we all complained about not reviewing the Mitro push but reviewing Willian handball and not sending off Anthony for kicking out at Robinson. We can't have it both ways. By the way I would have been fuming if the first penalty was given against us.

Sting of the North

Quote from: ianthailand on November 29, 2023, 03:38:48 AM

When did he come on the other day? He's been out injured for weeks.

Traore was used as a sub against Villa (the last game before the match being discussed). He has then managed to get injured again.

hovewhite

About time we had some luck with refs and VAR as we are owed some,don't care about oneil and wolves.