watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Winning and Losing when scoring at least 3 goals away from home

Started by Ludlow Richard, December 03, 2023, 07:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

It's quite unusual for FFC to score three goals away from home in the league and lose. With today's result that's only our 12th 3-4 away loss in 2,213 away games and we have only lost 23 away games where we have scored at least 3 goals.

By contrast we have won 204 away games (and have drawn a further 29) where we have scored 3 or more. So we are 10 times more likely NOT to lose away when we score 3 or more than we are to lose.

Andy S

That is why stats are unimportant in football. Liverpool scored three world class goals that on another day they would have put over th bar or past the post. They would have been saved by the keeper. Football is a game played on a given day when players are up for it or not. Nothing more and nothing less

Penfold

I remember Exeter away on a Tuesday night in 1993. Lost 4-6. At 4-5 Farrell had a chance to make it 5-5 but missed. Grecians trotted up the other end and added their 6th. I understand that later in the season they lost at home by the same scoreline. That must be incredibly rare.

Ludlow Richard

Quote from: Penfold on December 04, 2023, 12:04:56 PMI remember Exeter away on a Tuesday night in 1993. Lost 4-6. At 4-5 Farrell had a chance to make it 5-5 but missed. Grecians trotted up the other end and added their 6th. I understand that later in the season they lost at home by the same scoreline. That must be incredibly rare.
I was there too.....