Started by epsomraver, January 21, 2011, 04:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

ImperialWhite

Hasn't done many games, but he does dish out the cards if he needs to:
http://www.football-lineups.com/referee/548/?ft=&fo=562

West Brom   3:2    Blackpool          3 [yellow cards]                   
Liverpool   2:2    Sunderland          27   4 [yellow cards]    
Arsenal   4:1    Bolton          22   4 [yellow cards]    1 [red cards]              
Wolves   1:1    Newcastle          21   12 [yellow cards]    
Bolton   0:0    Fulham          25   4 [yellow cards]    

finnster01

Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 21, 2011, 04:40:30 PM
Hasn't done many games, but he does dish out the cards if he needs to:
http://www.football-lineups.com/referee/548/?ft=&fo=562

West Brom   3:2    Blackpool          3 [yellow cards]                   
Liverpool   2:2    Sunderland          27   4 [yellow cards]    
Arsenal   4:1    Bolton          22   4 [yellow cards]    1 [red cards]              
Wolves   1:1    Newcastle          21   12 [yellow cards]    
Bolton   0:0    Fulham          25   4 [yellow cards]    

Which is not really what we need when we are a fraction ahead of Blackpool for the Fair Play Europa League spot...
At least it isn't Howard Webb or there wouldn't be 10 players left all together on the pitch.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

epsomraver

He dishes them out but not for the right reasons.

LRCN

maybe the worst ref i've ever seen. what a shame.

TonyGilroy

He's an incompetent loose cannon but with luck Stoke will give him more cause to take action.

HatterDon

Honestly, sometimes I wonder which officials you guys compare Prem referees to.

I thought the quality of refereeing in the last World Cup was seriously inferior to what I see every weekend in the Prem -- and I saw about 25 WC matches.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

Quote from: HatterDon on January 21, 2011, 10:19:14 PM

I thought the quality of refereeing in the last World Cup was seriously inferior to what I see every weekend in the Prem -- and I saw about 25 WC matches.
And guess who reffed the Final? Sir Alex adopted son Howard Webb...

So I guess it is safe to say that refereeing is at its worst level since the seventies or at best since Pierre Luigi Collina was forced by FIFA to retire  :028:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

HatterDon

Quote from: finnster01 on January 21, 2011, 10:23:16 PM

So I guess it is safe to say that refereeing is at its worst level since the seventies or at best since Pierre Luigi Collina was forced by FIFA to retire  :028:

Well, if your frame of reference is "It's either Collina or rubbish" I can see where you're coming from. I know that Howard Webb is right up there with Eddie Johnson in your admiration, but the man didn't have a bad final. He managed to keep enough Dutch muggers on the pitch for the game not to have been a joke. Who wants to watch 80 minutes of 11 v. 7 or 8?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ImperialWhite

Quote from: HatterDon on January 21, 2011, 10:39:20 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on January 21, 2011, 10:23:16 PM

So I guess it is safe to say that refereeing is at its worst level since the seventies or at best since Pierre Luigi Collina was forced by FIFA to retire  :028:

Well, if your frame of reference is "It's either Collina or rubbish" I can see where you're coming from. I know that Howard Webb is right up there with Eddie Johnson in your admiration, but the man didn't have a bad final. He managed to keep enough Dutch muggers on the pitch for the game not to have been a joke. Who wants to watch 80 minutes of 11 v. 7 or 8?

I do think the quality of refereeing in the Prem is great (although as a fan, it's one's duty to question the ref at every decision, whether or not the incident was the length of the pitch away or not!), BUT:

I fall on the Spanish side of the argument:

I think that Webb should have stuck to the rules more, and worried less about the fact that it was a final. The Netherlands ruined the spectacle when they decided to do the Spanish rather than play football. Getting the book out early on when necessary could have made it a better spectacle.

Scrumpy

Refs really can't win can they?

I actually think the standard nowadays is better than ever, but the analysis by Sky etc makes it very difficult for them. If anyone has ever tried refereeing a match, then they will know what a difficult job it is. :035:

Having said all that, I'll still be giving him hell tomorrow! :red:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.