more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 06/12/23...

Started by WhiteJC, December 05, 2023, 11:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Silva calls on Fulham crowd to make the difference
Marco Silva has called on the Craven Cottage crowd to be Fulham's twelfth man against Nottingham Forest this evening.

The Fulham boss wants the home fans to roar his side back to winning ways after the pain of a last-gasp defeat at Liverpool on Sunday afternoon, where he felt the Anfield crowd's reaction to Bobby De Cordova-Reid putting the Whites 3-2 was vital in the home side's stunning comeback.

Silva said yesterday:

"I really hope that the Cottage is going to be buzzing, because we need it. We need the crowd behind us. We need them from the first minute, because it can play a big part. For example, we were playing at Anfield and we scored [to make it] 3-2. We were celebrating the goal and our fans, they were of course over the moon, because it was not just the 3-2, it was a very great team goal, the way we built up that goal was a very, very good level.

But I started, from this moment, to feel the stadium pushing again, with everybody pushing for Liverpool, even though they conceded and, of course, this makes the difference. This type of reaction from the fans, even if you are unhappy with the third goal, okay you are unhappy, but let's push the guys forward again, let's push them to try to be on the front foot, because we have enough time to turn the things again.

It's a good example, to be honest. The reaction from the Anfield crowd after our third goal was a top example of how they should always behave. In a tough moment, the away team scored the third goal, and they react straightaway as a crowd.

For [the Forest] match, I hope our fans are behind the team from the first moment. If something doesn't come like we want in the first minutes, to keep always behind us, to push the players forward. Because 100 per cent sure, the players are going to show up, they are going to give their 100 per cent to win the match."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/12/silva-calls-on-fulham-crowd-to-make-the-difference/

wback

Quote from: WhiteJC on December 06, 2023, 12:10:59 AMPremier League sides plotting Palhinha swoop
At least two Premier League sides are planning to rival Bayern Munich by making a move for Fulham midfielder Joao Palhinha in January, according to the Daily Telegraph.

I have to say, if I was Liverpool, I'd want to find the money for him. I think he could win them the league this year. Our best hope would be 2-3 other clubs thinking the same, and really pushing up the price towards what we think he's worth.

WhiteJC

Before The Whistle: Fulham v Nottingham Forest

This one feels big.

Nottingham Forest visit the Cottage tonight under the lights. A win would put five points between us. A loss would see them leapfrog us. And despite defeat at Anfield on Sunday, confidence will be high after our performance.

Silva's front three against Liverpool will likely all keep their places. Wilson, of course, bagged a goal, Iwobi looked more comfortable on the left, and Raul put in his best performance in a white shirt.

Many of us expect Tom Cairney to be handed a start against his boyhood club; our captain followed up his man-of-the-match performance against Wolves with an assist off the bench on the weekend. And given we'll expect a decent amount of the ball, his creativity could prove vital.

Kenny Tete marked his return to the starting XI with a goal, and while we're all happy to see him back, Marco may choose to manage his minutes and give Castagne another go. In the centre of defence, Tosin will continue to push to start, though Silva looks unlikely to sacrifice either Tim Ream or Calvin Bassey at this time.

A huge game, a busy run – is it a season defining month? It certainly feels like it. You Whites.

ℹ️ MATCH DETAILS

Kick-Off: Wednesday, 7.30PM
Stadium: Craven Cottage
Competition: Premier League
TV Channel (UK): Amazon Prime
🚦 LEAGUE FORM

Fulham: ❌ ⬜ ❌ ❌ ✅ ❌
Forest: ⬜ ❌ ✅ ❌ ❌ ❌

⚖️ MATCH PROBABILITY

Fulham: 43.2%
Draw: 29.3%
Forest: 27.5%
🥊 MOST RECENT MATCHES

Feb 23: Fulham 2-0 Forest
Sep 23: Forest 2-3 Fulham
Apr 22: Fulham 0-1 Forest
Oct 21: Forest 0-4 Fulham

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2023-12-06-before-the-whistle-fulham-v-nottingham-forest/

WhiteJC

Fulham loan man sidelined until 2024 after sustaining injury with League One club
Wigan Athletic's Martial Godo, who is on loan from Fulham, has been ruled out until 2024 through injury, as per the club's official X account.

Wigan Athletic have been dealt a blow on the selection front with the highly-rated youngster now out of action until the new year.

Godo, 20, has been a hit with the League One side since joining them on a temporary basis from Fulham on deadline day of the last transfer window.

However, he is now sidelined along with left-back Tom Pearce with the Latics' boss Shaun Maloney confirming the news on X.

Wigan Athletic injury blow
Godo's injury is a blow for Wigan and they will hope that he can return to the pitch as quickly and as safely as possible.

Maloney took a bit of a gamble on the winger by bringing him to the DW Stadium from Fulham but the move has paid off for all parties involved so far.

He was given the green light to head out the exit door on a temporary basis by his parent club to get some more experience under his belt.

The youngster has since played 13 league games for the North West outfit so far in this campaign and has chipped in with three goals and three assists.

Godo has been on the books at Craven Cottage since 2022 after the Whites swooped to land him from non-league side Dartford. The England youth international has since made one senior competitive appearance for the Cottagers and is being tipped for a bright future with Marco Silva's men.

In the meantime, he will be eager to get back up to speed with Wigan following his setback. They are back in action this evening in an EFL Trophy clash against Stockport County.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/12/06/fulham-loan-man-sidelined-until-2024-after-sustaining-injury-with-league-one-club/

WhiteJC

Fulham boss says "clear foul" should have ruled out Trent Alexander-Arnold winner

Fulham manager Marco Silva was left frustrated as "no one" saw a "clear foul" on Bobby De Cordova-Reid before Trent Alexander-Arnold's winner for Liverpool.

Alexander-Arnold was the hero at Anfield, as he fired in the Reds' fourth goal to turn around a 3-2 deficit and earn three points over Fulham.

It was a huge moment for Liverpool, but one Silva insists should not have stood.

Speaking ahead of Fulham's clash with Nottingham Forest on Wednesday night, the manager claimed that there was a "clear foul" on Reid before the ball fell to Alexander-Arnold.

"Today, until now, nobody asked me about the fourth goal of Liverpool," he told reporters.

"I understand that it is Liverpool and Fulham, I understand all the situations, but it speaks of the business of this football as well.

"I didn't mention, I didn't want to talk about this situation, but it should be the same. No one asked me.

"The fourth of Liverpool is clear foul on Bobby Reid and no one speaks, probably because the game is Sunday and [the next game] after is Wednesday, it's probably too quick.

"If it was the opposite, for sure there would have been a conversation here about the situation and questions for me."

The challenge in question saw Kostas Tsimikas contend for the ball with Reid when Darwin Nunez hooked the rebound back across the box after Cody Gakpo's shot.

Reid won the header and Tsimikas ended up barging the forward over in the box, with the clearance falling directly to Alexander-Arnold, who touched it down and finished.

There is certainly cause to argue that the Liverpool left-back felled Reid unfairly, though whether it would have been called back is questionable.

"For me, it is not a VAR call. It's a mistake from the referee in that moment," Silva continued.

"It's a clear foul, but as we all know the protocol says it has to be a 'clear and obvious' mistake from the referee.

"It is a mistake from the referee, clear foul on Bobby, [but] really that is a difficult call for VAR to turn that decision from the referee's.

"I said to him at the end of the match what was my feeling, that it was a clear foul on Bobby Reid.

"He told me he didn't see it that way."

Asked if there was an element of 'big club bias' in effect, he replied: "I think yes, but it's normal in football.

"At the end of the season I hope there is the right balance between all the teams."

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/12/fulham-boss-says-clear-foul-should-have-ruled-out-trent-alexander-arnold-winner/

WhiteJC

Fulham vs Nottingham Forest: Premier League Preview, Gameweek 15, 2023
Both Nottingham Forest and Fulham will be looking to put the weekend's fixtures behind them as frustrations build in the bottom half of the table.

On Wednesday evening Fulham will be hosts to a struggling Nottingham Forest side, in a game that both teams will be seeing as a must-win in order to climb the table.

Fulham currently sit in 14th position in the Premier League after a thrilling 4-3 loss to Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday. Sitting just two-points below them is Forest, who come into the game after a disappointing loss to Everton at the City Ground.

Last time out between the sides saw a 2-0 victory for Fulham at Craven Cottage. Goals that day came from Manor Solomon and Willian, a key player in the Fulham squad this season.

Steve Cooper will see this match as a must-win if he wants to ensure he keeps his role at Forest. After a recent run of extremely poor form for the Reds, Cooper has faced some speculation about how much longer he will be in his role at the club if results do not improve.

Fulham will feel they have the upper hand ahead of the game, winning seven of the last nine meetings against Forest, including both games in last year's Premier League campaign.

Nottingham Forest have managed to keep only one clean sheet in their last 11 league games against Fulham, which was a 1-0 win at The Cottage back in April 2022.

Team News
Fulham
No fresh injury concerns came about for Fulham during their loss to Liverpool. Joao Palhinha returned from a domestic suspension, meaning that Silva should only be without three known absentees for their midweek fixture.

Adama Traore (hamstring), Issa Diop (ankle) and Rodrigo Muniz (knee) are not expected to make their comebacks yet, but all three are expected to return before the New Year; they could even be back for the weekend's game with West Ham.

Nottingham Forest
Steve Cooper has not had the best of luck with injuries this season, making the selection process a difficult task for the man in charge.

The manager has left everyone in the mist in terms of availability, but he confirmed that Willy Boly suffered a knock in the defeat to Everton, in addition to Danilo coming down with an illness this week. 

"Murillo limped off and Chris Wood did well to get through the game as well with a hyper extended knee in the first half," Cooper added.

Likely line-ups
Fulham
Leno; Castagne, Bassey, Ream, Robinson; Palhinha, Reed; Iwobi, Pereira, Willian; Jiminez.

Nottingham Forest
Vlachodimos; Aina, Felipe, Murillo, Toffolo; Sangare, Mangala, Yates; Gibbs-White, Origi, Elanga.

Key Players
Fulham: Willian
Willian has now been seen to have a major role at Fulham for a couple of seasons. His experience in the game and his technical ability makes him a key asset to the Fulham squad.

He has now scored three goals in his last three Premier League home games this season.

Willian was the man that put his side 1-0 up against Nottingham Forest in the exact same fixture last season, making him one for Forest to keep their eyes on.

Nottingham Forest: Anthony Elanga
Anthony Elanga has played a vital role in an attacking sense for Forest this season, driving the ball past his opponents on the wing at almost every chance he gets.

He has been involved in 50% of Nottingham Forest's away goals this season with two goals and one assist.

The Swedish Youngster has showcased his talent this season in a Forest side that will be looking to better their overall performance this Wednesday.

Match Details
Where is the game being played?
The game is going to be played at Craven Cottage, London.

What time is Kick-off?
Kick-off will be at 19:30 (GMT) on Wednesday, 6 December, 2023

How can I watch?
The game will be televised and available to watch through Prime Video at 19:30 on Wednesday night. 

https://www.vavel.com/en/football/2023/12/05/premier-league/1165263-fulham-vs-nottingham-forest-premier-league-preview-gameweek-15-2023.html

WhiteJC

Fulham and Wolves will need to pay for signing despite claims otherwise – Angry reaction to claims
Fulham and Wolverhampton Wanderers will need to pay if they wish to sign Chivas' Fernando Beltrán, but neither side have made a move for him yet.

That's according to journalist Kery Ruiz, who insists that the Premier League duo, or any other interested parties, have not yet been in contact about a move.

Recent reports had indicated that Fulham and Wolves were both interested in the 25-year-old midfielder as he was set to become a free agent at the end of this month.

That made him a potential bargain signing and both were reportedly ready to make a move to bring him to England in the January transfer window.

That would have been a major blow for Chivas, where Beltrán has been since moving from Guadalajara in 2018.

They would naturally not be keen to lose their player on a free transfer, particularly to Premier League sides who are more than capable of paying a fee for him.

It seems that won't be happening, though, as Ruiz insists reports about the player's contract situation are wide of the mark.

"There were reports that Feyenoord, Ajax, Wolverhampton and Fulham were following Fernando Beltrán and were very interested in signing him as a free agent in this winter market because his contract ended on December 31st of this year," he said on his YouTube channel, relayed by Rebaño Pasion.

"On both sides they confirmed two important things to me. The first is that Nene Beltrán's contract does not end on December 31st. A month ago, Fernando Beltrán and Chivas signed the renewal until 2026. It is not true that he is going to be free.

"Both the Chivas source and those around Nene Beltrán, both told me that no one from Europe has asked about him. Not Feyenoord, not Europe, not the Premier League, hopefully not at all.

"There is no European interest in Nene Beltrán for him to leave. El Nene stays in Chivas."

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-wolves-will-need-pay-signing-despite-claims-otherwise-insistence-transfer-isnt-happening-yet/

WhiteJC

Fulham signing 'sensational' £30m forward in January starting to look unlikely
Fulham are in desperate need of a new centre forward in January but it might be easier said than done to convince Chelsea striker Armando Broja to make the switch across West London.

Speaking on the Ranks FC Podcast, journalist Dean Jones was examining some options that Marco Silva might be considering.

It's safe to say that the players currently at Fulham's disposal aren't quite living up to expectations.

Losing Aleksandar Mitrovic was always going to be a huge blow for Silva's side considering how pivotal he was to how Fulham played.

Not only did he score 14 league goals, but he also got the very best out of the likes of Andreas Pereira and Willian.

Raul Jimenez's arrival from Wolves has been underwhelming at best although he has shown some slight improvements in recent matches.

His backup Carlos Vinicius has a single league goal to his name and his tendency to lose his head makes him a liability at this stage, while Rodrigo Muniz looked bright during his cameos but has since picked up an injury.

Armando Broja has been discussed as a potential option for Fulham in January, but right now it's looking unlikely.

The Albanian international has more league goals at Craven Cottage this season than Jimenez and Muniz combined after pouncing on a Tim Ream mistake during our defeat to Chelsea.

While he's likely to fall down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge when Christopher Nkunku returns to full fitness, that might not put him off fighting for his place at his boyhood club.

Fulham move for Broja in January not looking easy
Speaking about the chances of signing the 'sensational' forward, Jones said: "Even Armando Broja who gets linked to Fulham, I'm just not convinced he leaves.

"I'm not convinced he leaves and makes a jump. I don't think that would be a bad signing, to be honest with you. I think something like that would be quite fitting for Fulham.

"But they need something to happen otherwise the season's just going to fizzle out and they'll end the season in probably 16th, 15th and it'll probably be as flat as it pretty much has been for the last couple of months."

Broja's price tag has reportedly been set at £30m which might be a sticking point for Fulham in the January window.

Considering the club are supposedly closing in on Brazilian international Andre, the likelihood is they won't splash out on two expensive signings in the same window.

Silva needs to find a solution in January, but Fulham are far from the only club in the Premier League hoping to sign a striker.

The club need to be clever in their recruitment and sign someone in good form who can hit the ground running.

The likes of Jonas Wind and Santiago Gimenez are unlikely to be cheap either but would fit the bill given the seasons they're currently having.

https://www.fulham.news/2023/12/06/fulham-signing-sensational-30m-forward-in-january-starting-to-look-unlikely/

WhiteJC

Fabrizio Romano confirms Arsenal want to sign £70m star who West Ham wanted as Declan Rice's replacement
Fabrizio Romano has now confirmed that Arsenal have an interest in Fulham midfielder Joao Palhinha, a player West Ham United wanted to sign to replace Declan Rice in the summer.

The Gunners are currently five points clear at the top of the Premier League table. They have had a good season so far, but they could still do with a new midfielder in January. Romano says people at Arsenal like Palhinha.

Fabrizio Romano says Arsenal are interested in Joao Palhinha
Numerous rumours have been going around on social media over the last few days that Arsenal are interested in Joao Palhinha, and Fabrizio Romano has just confirmed it.

The Portuguese midfielder was heavily linked with a move to Bayern Munich in the summer. A move even looked imminent on transfer deadline day, but it collapsed right at the end.

Palhinha had to return to Craven Cottage and has since signed a new contract. However, there is a big chance he could leave Fulham in January.

Romano has now revealed that Arsenal definitely have an interest in Palhinha, but there are two factors that could stop the deal from going through.

He said on Kick: "What I can confirm about Palhinha, this was around the media in the recent days, is that there are also English clubs interested in Palhinha. One of those clubs is Arsenal.

"It is true that Arsenal appreciate the player. There are some people at the club who consider Palhinha a very good player. It's one of the players they discussed internally.

"(But) There are two issues – the first one is the age, he's not a super young player. I think next year he will be 29. Also, the price. Arsenal cannot spend that amount of money, something like £70-80 million on one more midfielder after spending the big amount of money they invested on Declan Rice."

West Ham wanted Palhinha to replace Declan Rice
One of the biggest transfers of the summer was Declan Rice to Arsenal, and losing their skipper was a big blow for West Ham.

The Irons had to replace Rice, and they were linked with a whole host of names. One of them was Fulham star Joao Palhinha.

Journalist Dean Jones claimed on the Ranks FC Ultras Podcast at the time that West Ham genuinely believed that Fulham would cave and let Palhinha join them, but that wasn't the case.

The Hammers are unlikely to be able to sign Palhinha in January, but Arsenal definitely could. However, he will not be cheap.

https://tbrfootball.com/fabrizio-romano-confirms-arsenal-want-to-sign-70m-star-who-west-ham-wanted-as-declan-rices-replacement/

WhiteJC

Pundits all agree on Fulham vs Nottingham Forest outcome as predictions made
The latest Nottingham Forest news as Steve Cooper's side return to action on Wednesday night.

Three pundits have all given their predictions for Wednesday night's Premier League clash between Fulham and Nottingham Forest, with all three opting for the exact same outcome.

Forest go into the game at Craven Cottage looking to put a halt to a run of three straight league losses. The Reds fell to a 1-0 loss to Everton at the City Ground on Saturday.

The current form has led to questions being asked over the future of Steve Cooper. The Forest manager has revealed that he's held talks with owner Evangelos Marinakis, with the focus on the upcoming games.

Fulham were also on the end of a defeat in their last outing. They fell to a 4-3 loss against Liverpool at Anfield but did lead the game up until the 87th minute before Jurgen Klopp's men turned it around.

Ahead of the match, there is just one position separating the two teams in the table. And it seems that the three pundits are struggling to separate the duo, here is a look at their predictions.

Mark Lawrenson
"I fancy a 1-1 draw," he told Paddy Power . "I think that Liverpool game might have taken a lot out of Fulham and they were very, very unlucky at Anfield. Nottingham Forest might be hungry for a result, given all the murmurings about Steve Cooper's position."

The Reds lost 1-0 at home to Everton last time out and face a tricky run of games over the next few weeks. After a trip to Wolves this weekend, Forest face fixtures against Tottenham and Manchester United either side of a clash against Bournemouth before facing Newcastle on Boxing Day."

Mark Lawrenson's prediction : Fulham 1-1 Nottingham Forest

Paul Merson
 "Fulham have scored six goals in their last two matches in the Premier League," he told Sportskeeda . "The pleasing thing for the Fulham manager is that they've started to score goals, but they have been conceding goals as well. That's the difference between the top teams and the mid-table teams - there's a happy medium, and it's difficult to achieve.

"With three teams already down in the relegation zone, I think Nottingham Forest will get away with it this season. They're averaging less than a point per game at the moment, but they'll be all right.

"I think both teams will survive in the Premier League this season. If Fulham keep scoring goals, they'll do well. I'm going to go with a draw in this fixture."

Paul Merson's prediction : Fulham 1-1 Nottingham Forest

Chris Sutton
 "Fulham were unlucky to leave Anfield empty-handed on Sunday after being ahead so late on, and they looked much brighter up front," he told BBC Sport . "Maybe they have finally come to terms with Aleksandar Mitrovic's departure because they have started to score goals again.

"It is three defeats in a row now for Nottingham Forest and the noise around the future of their manager Steve Cooper won't go away until their results improve, no matter how unfair that seems. These two teams are next to each other in the bottom half of the table, so you would expect this game to be close and I actually think they will end up sharing the points."

Chris Sutton's prediction : Fulham 1-1 Nottingham Forest

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/pundits-agree-fulham-vs-nottingham-8957530

WhiteJC

Fulham keen on Chelsea striker Armando Broja

Fulham are reportedly interested in signing 22-year-old Albanian striker Armando Broja from Chelsea next year.
A report from Football Insider has claimed that Marco Silva is desperate to sign a quality striker in the coming months. And the Fulham manager has identified 22-year-old Chelsea attacker Armando Broja as a potential option.

Apparently, the Fulham hierarchy are keeping tabs on the Chelsea striker, and they could look to make a move for him in the January transfer window. The Cottagers sanctioned the departure of Aleksandar Mitrovic this past summer, and they are yet to replace the Serbian international adequately. So, several targets, including Chuba Akpom, have emerged on Fulham's radar.

Meanwhile, Armando Broja has struggled for regular game time at Stamford Bridge, and he has recently returned from a long-term injury. He needs regular game time to get back to his best, and he might not get that at Stamford Bridge.

Nicolas Jackson is ahead of the youngster in the pecking order at Stamford Bridge, while Christopher Nkunku is likely to be preferred ahead of him as well when he returns to action. It would make sense for the 22-year-old striker to leave Chelsea, and a move to Fulham would be an interesting opportunity for him.

Broja has previously shown his quality in the Premier League during a loan spell at Southampton, and he has the ability to succeed with Fulham as well. The Cottagers will want to finish the season strongly, and they need to address the weaknesses in their squad.

They desperately need a quality goal scorer, and Broja could be a superb long-term option for them. The 22-year-old will be hungry to prove himself in the English top flight, and if Fulham can give him regular opportunities, he could turn out to be a great investment for them

The Albnian striker is highly rated in the Premier League, and he has a big future ahead of him. It will be interesting to see if Chelsea are prepared to sanction his departure midway through the season. The Blues have struggled to score goals consistently, and they might feel that keeping the youngster at the club until the end of the season would serve them better.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/12/06/fulham-keen-on-chelsea-striker-armando-broja/

WhiteJC

Bayern Munich Preferring Another Player Over Joao Palhinha
Bayern Munich are likely to prefer a move for Real Sociedad midfielder Martin Zubimendi over Fulham's Joao Palhinha in January.

Palhinha was on the cusp of joining the German champions on deadline day last summer for a deal worth €68m.

However, Bayern Munich ran out of time to complete the deal despite the midfielder undergoing a medical in Germany.

There has been an expectation that Bayern Munich will try to sign him in January again but it has been claimed that they have other targets in mind as well.

According to German magazine Sport Bild, Palhinha is still a target but Bayern Munich are more interested in Sociedad's Zubimendi.

It has been suggested that a move for the La Liga midfielder would be preferred over the Portuguese.

Zubimendi is a highly-rated midfielder in Spain and has been on the radar of top clubs for a while.

Palhinha has signed a new deal with Fulham and has clubs in the Premier League interested in him as well.

At least two top-flight English clubs are also keen on getting their hands on the Fulham star in January.

https://insidefutbol.com/2023/12/06/bayern-munich-preferring-another-player-over-joao-palhinha/628391/

WhiteJC

Fulham player's January transfer hopes slowly fading away as club eyes up younger alternative
Fulham star João Palhinha may have been hopeful that his collapsed summer move to Bayern Munich could now happen in the winter, but things are not looking great for him.

A week ago, the German media had already been claiming the midfielder may be set for a new heartbreak, as the Bundesliga side are actually looking for cheaper solutions.

Earlier today, Sport Bild wrote that although Bayern Munich look for a 'holding six' like the Fulham player, their top favourite is Martin Zubimendi from Real Sociedad.

Bild journalist Christian Falk confirms that information on Twitter, claiming that the Spaniard could 'be given preference' ahead of Palhinha.

It's claimed that Zubimendi has a release clause worth around €60m, and Bayern Munich are 'working intensively' on his signing in the winter.

That makes it sound like the Bundesliga giants are not confident they could agree a deal with Fulham, maybe because Palhinha would cost a lot more than the Spaniard.

So if the Portuguese player had any hopes of getting his transfer done in January, it now seems he might be better off coming to terms with the idea of potentially staying at Craven Cottage.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-players-january-transfer-hopes-slowly-fading-away-club-eyes-younger-alternative/

WhiteJC

Marco Silva sets Fulham a Nottingham Forest challenge after Liverpool loss
Fulham boss Marco Silva has challenged his side to take the positives out of a heart-breaking defeat at Liverpool as they prepare to host Nottingham Forest

Fulham's manager, Marco Silva, has encouraged his team to focus on the positives from their recent loss at Liverpool. He believes this will help them in tonight's Premier League clash with Nottingham Forest (7.30pm kick-off).

"We didn't get the points we deserved, but we took the positives from the game. We scored three goals at Anfield," Silva said.

He also praised American defender Antonee Robinson for his performance at Anfield, ensuring he is a player Forest will need to keep tabs on at Craven Cottage this evening. "What a performance from him. He was at a high, high level," Silva commented.

Fulham have no new issues, with key players like Issa Diop, Adama Traore, Rodrigo Muniz and Tyrese Francois still out of action. Silva, the manager, is bracing for a strong response from Forest, who suffered a 1-0 defeat to Everton at the weekend, marking their third consecutive league loss.

Silva shared his thoughts at a press conference, saying: "We really know how they are feeling. Before the Wolves match, we had back-to-back defeats. Not three in a row, but we know how such results can impact a team.

"Even if you have quality, even if you know what you are capable of, even if it's clear what we want to do, the confidence always plays a big part on a performance and results. We know that we can take some confidence from them, but at the same time it can give them the will and the desire to react and to show a reaction."

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/marco-silva-sets-fulham-nottingham-8958203

WhiteJC

Arsenal consider move for Fulham midfielder Joao Palhinha as Douglas Luiz alternative
Arsenal are considering a potential move for Fulham midfielder Joao Palhinha, according to reports.

Mikel Arteta is keen to recruit a new central midfielder in the January transfer window and it's understood that Aston Villa's Douglas Luiz is one of the Gunners' top targets.

Palhinha came close to leaving Fulham in the summer as a £55 million deal with Bayern Munich was agreed but the Premier League side were unable to sign a replacement before the end of the window.

Bayern have retained their interest in Palhinha ahead of the upcoming transfer window but according to Fabrizio Romano the German champions could face competition from Arsenal.

'What I can confirm about Palhinha, this was around the media in the recent days, is that there are also English clubs interested in Palhinha and one of those clubs is Arsenal,' Romano said on Kick.

'It is true that Arsenal appreciate the player. There are some people at the club who consider Palhinha a very good player. It's one of the players they discussed internally.

'There are two issues – the first one is the age, he's not a super young player. I think next year he will be 29. Also, the price, Arsenal can't spend that amount of money, something like £70 million, £80m on one more midfielder after spending the big amount of money they invested on Declan Rice.

'My feeling is if Arsenal will try to do something very big it will be for Douglas Luiz. But it's going to be more than tough because Aston Villa don't want to sell the player.

'Arsenal love Douglas Luiz but Aston Villa, we have to start considering Aston Villa as a top club, not just a normal club, they are doing fantastic, they have a great vision, great board, great manager, great players so we have to respect them.'

https://metro.co.uk/2023/12/06/arsenal-hold-internal-talks-sign-55m-midfielder-ahead-bayern-munich-19935928/?ito=newsnow-feed

WhiteJC

Fulham told they have a 16-year-old in their ranks who's simply 'amazing'
Fulham Under-21s captain Ollie O'Neill has admitted he's been so impressed with teenager Jonathan Esenga this season.

O'Neill was speaking to the club's official website after their defeat to Wycombe Wanderers in the Football League Trophy last night.

It's been another very strong season for Hayden Mullins's Under-21 side.

They currently sit third in the Premier League 2, ahead of the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Only London rivals Tottenham and West Ham sit above them in the table and the future looks bright for Fulham's youngsters.

The pathway from the academy to the first team hasn't been the easiest to navigate even for the most talented players.

The fact that the likes of Matt O'Riley and Harvey Elliott are thriving without being handed their opportunity at Fulham is very frustrating.

Another player looking to bridge that gap in the near future is Jonathan Esenga.

Ollie O'Neill – who is yet to make his senior Fulham debut but has appeared in a matchday squad before – has admitted how impressed he's been with Esenga.

At just 16 years old, he's already established himself as a regular at Under-21 level and is part of the Young Lions set-up with England.

O'Neill impressed with 'amazing' Esenga
The 16-year-old was playing at left-back again last night but still managed to find the back of the net to give Fulham a late lifeline to try and rescue the game.

Unfortunately, they couldn't secure an equaliser after O'Neill scored on the stroke of half-time and the Republic of Ireland young international said: "Yeah, I love Jonno, Jonno's like a little brother to me.

"It's amazing the way he's playing, like his maturity, he's been in for the whole season more or less and I'm sure the sky's the limit for Jonno because I definitely couldn't have done that at 16."

It's not the first time O'Neill has talked about how impressed he's been with Esenga this season.

The left-back will hope to follow in the footsteps of Ryan Sessegnon who has arguably been the biggest success of the Fulham academy in the past ten years even if his move to Tottenham hasn't quite worked out.

Alongside the likes of Luke Harris, Jay Stansfield and Luc de Fougerolles, it feels like the future is bright at Craven Cottage.

Whether Marco Silva is in a position to regularly play these players is one thing.

But Fabio Carvalho proved before his ill-advised move to Liverpool that the Portuguese is willing to give you a chance if you're good enough.

https://www.fulham.news/2023/12/06/fulham-told-they-have-a-16-year-old-in-their-ranks-whos-simply-amazing/

WhiteJC