watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin and Bassey

Started by Moussa Dembele the 3rd, December 06, 2023, 09:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Looked great tonight, complemented each other perfectly, and should remain as the starting CB partnership going forward.

Bokonon

I want to see them against a higher standard of opposition, but early results were promising.

Twig

Quote from: Bokonon on December 06, 2023, 10:03:52 PMI want to see them against a higher standard of opposition, but early results were promising.

Agree with this.

hovewhite

Keep them there for Sunday Marco as they can be the future.

Dammy

Nigeria's first choice centre back pairing at AFCON in January 2024!

FulhamKC

Quote from: Dammy on December 06, 2023, 11:31:41 PMNigeria's first choice centre back pairing at AFCON in January 2024!

Which means I wouldn't get rid of Tim Ream right now

General

presumably the next question is whether it'd be Tosin or Diop to partner Bassey on the left..?

bill taylors apprentice

They were top quality tonight.

ianthailand

Really like Tosin as a player. Think he has the potential to be better than Diop (who i find a bit wooden in his movement). His one big fault is i think he finds it all too easy at times which leads to lack of concentration and subsequent mistakes. Please Tony/Ally Mac get him signed up.

ChesterTheTabby

Is Tim injured or was that a geneuine tactical change my Marco to see what happens?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

btffc

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on December 07, 2023, 04:26:06 AMIs Tim injured or was that a geneuine tactical change my Marco to see what happens?

Tactical/rest is my guess. Ream hasn't been great and December is loaded with games and it's not realistic to have a 35 year old playing twice a week. Also, might be a little bit of seeing where Tosin is both for how he is after the injury and if they want to make him a serious contract offer before the window opens.

toshes mate

Although you should never judge anyone on one game, especially when poor opponents don't turn up to be counted (and credit to Cooper for being so honest about the Forest situation aftermatch), Adarabioyo gave a very seasoned performance alongside Bassey who has already had good game time alongside Ream and looks more of the part than he did earlier on. He looked very assured and confident on the ball which hasn't always been apparent. Good to have options. 

With Silva having/needing squad rotation with matches coming thick and fast it has been good to see a potent FFC team score three goals or more in three successive matches in the top flight for the first time in a long time. That will give opponents more to think about when they line up against us.

hovewhite

Don't forget bassey has been playing on the right side ,not his natural side.
Think it's helped him settling in to Fulham
As a whole focused his concentration and looking comfortable on the right when looking back his 1st game v spurs where he looked a fish out of water.

Bassey the warrior

He was nervy against Spurs but ever since I've been very impressed with Bassey, he seems like a better version of Diop. Both are great defensively but Bassey is better at passing. I'd like to keep that pairing for the next few games.

F(f)CUK

The defence looked more solid and much less panicked. Probably more about having Tosin in rather than moving Ream out.

Surlyc

I think Tosin deserved to start and Ream was the obvious candidate to drop out after a string of poor games.

Tosin/Bassey had a relatively clean game and a much needed clean sheet. That said, Forest were utterly woeful last night and that means it was probably not a fair reflection on what Tosin/Bassey can actually do. I'd like them to have a run of games together now, especially as we try and resolve Tosin's contract.

copthornemike

Just from an economic perspective the club has to push to persuade Tosin and his representatives to sign a new contract.
Ream is not getting younger and all four CBs have had to be used this season.
To purchase a good CB will cost a lot with no guarantee of success. Tosin is obviously a known quantity and knows Silva's methods.

filham

Lets not get too excited about our center backs remember

Ream is a very good age
Tosin probably off to Spurs in January
Diop injured
Bassy off to African Nations cup in February,I think.

We could be facing a center back crisis before the season is out.

H4usuallysitting

Am I understanding this right....if Tosin signs a new contract with Fulham in January - he also get's a signing on fee....or, is he genuinely signing for another team

C Block

Quote from: toshes mate on December 07, 2023, 07:37:15 AMAlthough you should never judge anyone on one game, especially when poor opponents don't turn up to be counted (and credit to Cooper for being so honest about the Forest situation aftermatch), Adarabioyo gave a very seasoned performance alongside Bassey who has already had good game time alongside Ream and looks more of the part than he did earlier on. He looked very assured and confident on the ball which hasn't always been apparent. Good to have options. 

With Silva having/needing squad rotation with matches coming thick and fast it has been good to see a potent FFC team score three goals or more in three successive matches in the top flight for the first time in a long time. That will give opponents more to think about when they line up against us.
Quote from: copthornemike on December 07, 2023, 10:27:29 AMJust from an economic perspective the club has to push to persuade Tosin and his representatives to sign a new contract.
Ream is not getting younger and all four CBs have had to be used this season.
To purchase a good CB will cost a lot with no guarantee of success. Tosin is obviously a known quantity and knows Silva's methods.
Sadly it's not as simplistic as that (I wish it was),
Tosin is an excellent player who clearly wants to play week in week out, if Silva has said to him "I can't guarantee you first team football when Diop is fit" then Sadly he will leave to find better opportunities elsewhere, no doubt similar problems will arise soon at both right and left back,nice problems to have but that's the price for having so many good defenders.