News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BBC - triumph of misinformation - Cairney was substitute ?

Started by Roberty, December 07, 2023, 01:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberty

Iwobi found was allowed far too much space in the box and met Harry Wilson's cross to score Fulham's fourth, and the scoring was rounded off by substitute Tom Cairney late on as Forest's defence was nowhere to be seen.

It's not rocket science to look at the team sheet - reminds me of the Twiggy song "please get my name right" - he played the whole game and was not substituted.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

ianthailand

Just listened to BBC Football Daily Podcast. In about 3 minutes there was more comment on Everton's win on Saturday against them than our performance last night. Only the commentator (not announcer) made mention of how good Fulham were.

bobbo

They barely mentioned us last night it was all about that amazing phenomenon of
Man City being beaten . Yet we scored 5 . They are so biased.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Somerset Fulham

I don't know why you all bother watching/listening if they are so consistently bad.

I really don't.

Fulham1959

Instant news - there are bound to be occasional mistakes.  I spotted it and posted on their 'comments' section.

However, any opportunity to have a go at the BBC.  Are we all so perfect in our jobs ?  BBC News (and their website) is one of my pet 'loves'.  So there !

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Fulham1959 on December 07, 2023, 10:04:39 AMInstant news - there are bound to be occasional mistakes.  I spotted it and posted on their 'comments' section.

However, any opportunity to have a go at the BBC.  Are we all so perfect in our jobs ?  BBC News (and their website) is one of my pet 'loves'.  So there !

Well said.  Its not misinformation, it was a mistake.

Twig

Quote from: Fulham1959 on December 07, 2023, 10:04:39 AMInstant news - there are bound to be occasional mistakes.  I spotted it and posted on their 'comments' section.

Well said.

Colton F.C.

bog

bog

Going back a bit, Monday morn on GBNews sport it was all about the City v Spuds game, ours at liverpoo was mentioned in passing as a 3-2 win for Liverpoo.... 

Mind you, the same reporter doing so about City's win in Europe the previous week said: 'City came back from 0-2 down at half time to win 3-0...' Cor blimey guv'nor that takes some doing!  ::tongue::

Rupert

Quote from: bog on December 08, 2023, 08:47:08 AMMind you, the same reporter doing so about City's win in Europe the previous week said: 'City came back from 0-2 down at half time to win 3-0...' Cor blimey guv'nor that takes some doing!  ::tongue::

Probably a couple of very late VAR decisions to disallow the opposition goals. This is VARchester City, remember.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Logicalman

Have to agree, first thing I read each morning with the caffiene input, taken with a slight pinch of salt (news - not the coffee) and overlooking the usual 'the identities of the driver and passenger who lived in NY State and owned a business there are as yet unidentified', oh, and the usual we love Manchester & Liverpool and spuds sports stuff.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Quote from: bog on December 08, 2023, 08:47:08 AMGoing back a bit, Monday morn on GBNews sport it was all about the City v Spuds game, ours at liverpoo was mentioned in passing as a 3-2 win for Liverpoo.... 

Mind you, the same reporter doing so about City's win in Europe the previous week said: 'City came back from 0-2 down at half time to win 3-0...' Cor blimey guv'nor that takes some doing!  ::tongue::

So your the one that watches GB News!

Mickeyboro

The BBC's web activities range far beyond its remit as a national broadcaster. almost as if its justifying its existence.

Having been in favour of the license fee for 65 years, I have changed my mind. The BBC is past its sell by date.

Grassy Noel

Quote from: bog on December 08, 2023, 08:47:08 AMGoing back a bit, Monday morn on GBNews sport it was all about the City v Spuds game, ours at liverpoo was mentioned in passing as a 3-2 win for Liverpoo.... 

Having seen how the English FA deducted points from Everton, UEFA decided to take things a step further by deducting goals.

Fulham1959

It's not just about the website or the TV channels.  I would hate to be without either Radio 4 or Radio 5-Live.

Somerset Fulham