watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just switched off

Started by Peabody, December 06, 2023, 10:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Must admit to being a bit worried about this one but that was great. We showed how good a team we can be and can hopefully follow this up against West Ham. One last thing, Bassey showed what a good player he is tonight.

SP

Would love to get something off West Ham, I can't recall the last time we beat them?

Tabby

Bassey had a rough start being forced to play at the right in a CB pairing, looking a lot more assured on the left.

Pinged a couple of great balls out for Iwobi on the other side as well.

Twig

Yes, Bassey looked far more comfortable and the defence looks better balanced.

hovewhite

Defence looked more assured.

TC's Sporran

tim looked glum on the bench

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham 442

Quote from: SP on December 06, 2023, 10:08:13 PMWould love to get something off West Ham, I can't recall the last time we beat them?

So would I, it is my husband's team as well so the atmosphere post match has been a bit frosty in recent years!  Our last win against them was a home 2 1 win back in 2014!

Motspur Park

West Ham are a team we often don't turn up against. I have no idea why that is but I hope it's not the case this weekend.

hopper

Quote from: Motspur Park on December 07, 2023, 07:29:46 AMWest Ham are a team we often don't turn up against. I have no idea why that is but I hope it's not the case this weekend.

Yeah bit of a curse against West Ham, doesn't help they're allowed to play with extra limbs in recent years.

Nick Bateman

Agreed Peabody. Bassey looked very good in Ream's position and from an early dodgy start he has improved over every game.

Sorry for the veteran's hopes but Ream should not get his place back. Tosin & Bassey looks far more solid.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: TC's Sporran on December 07, 2023, 12:07:45 AMtim looked glum on the bench

I didnt see him looking glum. He was laughing and joking when the camera was on him.

I think he would understand (with his experience) that if it helps the team he would accept a smaller role. I hardly doubt he will be a bench warmer until the summer anyway - so many players will be away for AFCON that he will be back in a month.

SP

Didn't realise WHU are playing tonight, that might help.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on December 07, 2023, 04:41:28 PM
Quote from: TC's Sporran on December 07, 2023, 12:07:45 AMtim looked glum on the bench

I didnt see him looking glum. He was laughing and joking when the camera was on him.

I think he would understand (with his experience) that if it helps the team he would accept a smaller role. I hardly doubt he will be a bench warmer until the summer anyway - so many players will be away for AFCON that he will be back in a month.

i saw him looking glum more than once. i didnt see him laughing and joking. its still on amazon the full match if you think im making it up. 64 mins 23 seconds is one instance.

if you were looking at him shortly after a goal had been scored then it stands to reason why he  was laughing.

filham

Yes,Peabody,a great result,just wish I had been at the Cottage.
I think we will see Ream again soon as I think Silva is doing as little rotating in view of the crowded December fixtures.

AJW48361

Tosin and Bassey combined well but it's been only one game.

gang

Quote from: Motspur Park on December 07, 2023, 07:29:46 AMWest Ham are a team we often don't turn up against. I have no idea why that is but I hope it's not the case this weekend.

Fulham have played West Ham on 110 occasions
Won 33 Draw 24 Lost 53

Hopefully the gap will lessen this week

Logicalman

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 07, 2023, 06:31:15 AM
Quote from: SP on December 06, 2023, 10:08:13 PMWould love to get something off West Ham, I can't recall the last time we beat them?
So would I, it is my husband's team as well so the atmosphere post match has been a bit frosty in recent years!  Our last win against them was a home 2 1 win back in 2014!

Well, if it was frosty when wet spam won, it won't be much better when we beat them!  ::thumb::

Just tell him we remember 1975. ::angry::
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: Nick Bateman on December 07, 2023, 02:45:13 PMAgreed Peabody. Bassey looked very good in Ream's position and from an early dodgy start he has improved over every game.

Sorry for the veteran's hopes but Ream should not get his place back. Tosin & Bassey looks far more solid.

I would have to agree with this. Tim has been a great servant to the club, but he has slowed over the years, is being picked off by oppos far too often, and the Prem doesn't exactly work on loyalty any longer, so I can see him coming on at times and to cover other players not available, but if we do gtet a result against spam without Tim, then Marco will have to start considering other players ahead of him.

After sayng all that, Marco may well have just been resting him in the middle of this spate of matches and we'll see him trot out in starting 11 come Sunday!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

SP

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 07, 2023, 06:31:15 AM

Have a great evening Fulham 442!