News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How much will Bayern offer for Palhinha ?

Started by Roberty, December 10, 2023, 02:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberty

I have read a lot about Bayern being expected to offer less for our star defensive midfielder in January and that they may even walk away. Really ?

Yesterdays result from the Bundesliga says NOT - Eintracht Frankfurt 5 - 1 Bayern Munich
It knocked them off the top of the table.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Beamer

It feels more likely he will end up in the PL but not with us, unless that is us cleverly releasing rumours to ensure the best price is achieved.

Bassey the warrior

Bayern Munich can't use their usual tactics of convincing the target not to renew their contract then signing him on a free, here. They have no leverage and will have to pay what we ask. Given it's January you'd expect the price to have gone up substantially.

H4usuallysitting

He's signed a new long term contract, loads of club's want him - all of a sudden he's worth a lot more money than in the summer.....well done Fulham Football Club

ianthailand

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on December 10, 2023, 02:42:38 AM100m will do
It's my belief that's a minimum of what he's worth to us but as we all know the smaller clubs kow tow to the greedy 6 or 7 so expect offers around 50 million and 50p from Liverpool.

Twig

Regardless of what he is worth to us I think he will go for a little over £50mil, I'd guess approx. £55m.  Let's be fair, that's a very healthy fee for a defensive player of his age. It's just that his contribution in our team makes him so much more valuable than that for us. A classic example of how the market value can differ from the value to the club.

Drewry66

If we sell him for anything less than £70 million we are insane. Even at £70 we only get £56 million as I believe Sporting have a 20% sell on. If we have any choice in it just keep him until he retires as anything less than £100 million just isn't worth the loss. Who knows what gentlemen's agreement has been made with him however over summer. Hopefully none as we sorted him a huge contract which he signed but I wouldn't be surprised if we let him go for £70 or even £60 which I still think is a mistake. If it's less than £60 I'll be absolutely fuming. Still dreaming of a Joao/Andre partnership and a push for Europe but dreams rarely come true for us poor Fulham fans. Here's still praying anyway.

jarv

Start a bidding war between Bayern, ManU and Spuds both rumoured to be interested.  Start at 100 mill.

bill taylors apprentice

Bearing in mind everything points to the fact we would have sold him (reluctantly) if we had signed the right replacement.

For Palhinha to sign a new contract is it reasonable to assume some kind of agreement was made on any future price if and when clubs came calling again.

Could it be we made him an improved offer not only to soften his disappointment and give us a chance to retain him long term but we agreed to let him go if a certain price was offered, not to increase his value?

Grassy Noel

Bayern's 5 goal horror story yesterday may create a panic about the frailty of their defence and the need for a JP to step in.

filham

Quote from: jarv on December 10, 2023, 10:49:07 AMStart a bidding war between Bayern, ManU and Spuds both rumoured to be interested.  Start at 100 mill.
Add Arsenal and Liverpool to that list, there are some big clubs with big transfer budgets said to be interested in him. If we let him go for less than £50m we will have miss managed the situation.

General

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on December 10, 2023, 02:42:38 AM100m will do

If done on the very first day of the window and we have a like for like replacement come in, like florentino luis.

Honestly think it'd be suicidal for us to get rid of palhinha mid season, especially after he signed a new contract and strengthened our hand, whilst publicly stating that whilst he would've loved a dream move, he doesn't know if it'll happen again and he'll always give his all to the club.

Summer, maybe.. that's a different conversation, but staying in the league for a second season is easily worth more than £100m and he has that level of influence on us as a club and team.

The owners stated their desire to back Marco and be ambitious.

Marco has done very well to steady the ship after early season blip, but we've only just started to come together and there's still really not much between where we are and the relegation places to merit selling your best player.

Think of the knock on effects that'll have, to the squad and then players like a tosin who we apparently want to keep and are in negotiations with.

Positions and points in this league are hard won and easily lost.

Let's not be idiots again.

Fulham 442

Wherever he goes, and I think he will go next month, I would prefer he go to Bayern than to another club in the EPL...

Huxley

Currently in Germany and the 5-1 is all over the (sports) news... JP will be off. Luckily for us the Bundesliga has a winter break which means we can draw out the negotiation and JP can play an extra 5 games. It was bizarre playing Kane at a 10 role behind the main striker. tuchel may be gone before JP is bought.

bill taylors apprentice

I don't understand why people keep saying "we gave him a new contract and it strengthens our hand!" but does it?

Everyone seems to ignore the fact that he was as good as gone in the summer, his mind was totally set on leaving.

It was a sweetener to help him get over the disappointment and keep him happy until the next window.
Yes, it helps us but it's just a smart move to maintain his price rather than encourage low bids knowing he wants to move up.

The new contract simply helps keep him happy for this season and then who knows what may occur but I think he will be off.
You heard it here first!

TC's Sporran

cant fault his knuckling down after the summer deal fell through but if the deal falls through again this jan i cant see him being too happy if he really wants to leave. i bet some kind of arrangement has already been agreed on.

only thing that can stop this is if bayern think they have bargaining power and try to get him cheaper.