more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Ham fans left marooned in the Thames

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, December 11, 2023, 04:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

love4ffc

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Cambridge Away

West Ham fans heading over from Chertsey?  ::smile::

Those people on the bridge taking pictures directly overhead were were brave. I wouldn't have trusted that old and crumbling bridge. I guess they understood engineeering better than me.. or just stupid?

If the boat got lodged and the tide kept rising would the boat get crushed?

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Dodger53

The tide was going out, had it been coming in they could have had a nice cruise up to Brentford and missed the horror show their team gave them. On a serious note, the boat could have capsized and the game would have been called off. Glad they were all ok.

filham

What was the boat doing at Hammersmith Bridge, coming from East London I would have expected it to dock at Putney Bridge.

Grassy Noel

Quote from: filham on December 12, 2023, 09:46:40 AMWhat was the boat doing at Hammersmith Bridge, coming from East London I would have expected it to dock at Putney Bridge.

Perhaps their tourist guide told them it was the Hammers Bridge.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on December 12, 2023, 09:46:40 AMWhat was the boat doing at Hammersmith Bridge, coming from East London I would have expected it to dock at Putney Bridge.

I am to understand from a number of my colleagues and associates who are Irons fans, that they wanted to admire the new stand from the river which is understandable.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 12, 2023, 01:40:32 PM

I am to understand from a number of my colleagues and associates who are Irons fans, that they wanted to admire the new stand from the river which is understandable.
That is interesting, so the new stand is becoming a tourist attraction. I will be more impressed when it becomes a football stand full of spectators.