watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Yellow card for the big club at home, red for the small away

Started by ffcthereligion, December 17, 2023, 08:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill2

Why did they not show the Jimenez incident which was not as bad as Martenelli's and ask for comparisons. It was not as bad as of anything he tries to avoid serious contact.
Perhaps Fulham should appeal but I think we all know the outcome of that.

filham

So what is Jiminez facing, a three match ban, Everton plus 2 league matches plus nearly all the Newcastle game. We  have to stop picking up these red cards they really can hurt.

Nick Bateman

Shows how much the refs are behind Arsenal this season that even the offield ref Gallagher (lies) on TV to cover-up for what should have been a red. Was far worse than Jiminez's body-bump.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

demeant0r

Quote from: filham on December 18, 2023, 03:04:39 PMSo what is Jiminez facing, a three match ban, Everton plus 2 league matches plus nearly all the Newcastle game. We  have to stop picking up these red cards they really can hurt.

We have to stop putting ourselves in situations where refs are forced to make these decisions.

Lighthouse

There comes a point where we end up blaming (sometimes fairly) our players behaviour or our coaches. But ignoring the overall factors. We can't keep on ignoring the inconsistencies in the behaviour of officials and VAR. It is getting way past the point of 'oh well we just have to stop doing what we do'.

The game is becoming ridiculous and a lottery. The matches where we can comment about out good or poor play. Or a players form are now in a minority. We end up talking about that latest controversy brought on by inconsistent officials and VAR. This has to be put right or the game is dead.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Cambridge Away

I don't get why they just don't have a judging panel to vote on all the theatrics. The Brentford v Villa games was an absolute shambles. That's what you get when you have theatrics, plus sh*thousery, plus VAR.

Go back a few years ago and the Americans used to find soccer funny because of the diving. They couldn't believe how theatrical and melodramatic some players could be. What some of us would call 'being clever' (according to the rules).

I can't see any other way othe than having a judging panel in the VAR centre (like in boxing or gymnastics). Perhaps even 9 referees of various levels casting a vote for a collective decision (which the matchday referee would have to choose whether to ignore).

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 18, 2023, 03:23:37 PMThere comes a point where we end up blaming (sometimes fairly) our players behaviour or our coaches. But ignoring the overall factors. We can't keep on ignoring the inconsistencies in the behaviour of officials and VAR. It is getting way past the point of 'oh well we just have to stop doing what we do'.

The game is becoming ridiculous and a lottery. The matches where we can comment about out good or poor play. Or a players form are now in a minority. We end up talking about that latest controversy brought on by inconsistent officials and VAR. This has to be put right or the game is dead.
'
Agreed. I can actually live with inconsistent refs, like it used to be pre-VAR but when VAR is just as inconsistent, or worse, it ruins the game.

I also think it's a huge problem that VAR can only review very specific situations. For example, what if a player is given an incorrect yellow (which isn't checked by VAR) early in the game and then a second yellow later in the game? Can VAR even review the second yellow? I actually think they can't (please correct me if I'm wrong). This means that some red cards qualify for a VAR review but others don't. That's absolutely ridiculous!

Then there's diving. VAR will not intervene when a player should have been given a yellow for diving, which means it favours the divers and cheats. Some players take advantage of this and have perfected diving to gain an advantage. It's disgusting.

VAR is inherently inconsistent, even if the VAR officials get the decisions right (which isn't even always the case).

As long as VAR can't check every single incident (which would COMPLETELY ruin the game) and get ALL decisions CONSIDERABLY more consistent than pre-VAR (which they are not even remotely close to) I don't see the point of VAR at all. It just ruins the flow of the game. The decisions are still made by flawed humans, just not by a person who is actually at the game. It all adds to the speculations about corruption, which is definitely ruining the game.

In my opinion VAR is possibly the worst thing that has ever happened to football.

Watford_fc

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on December 18, 2023, 03:59:12 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on December 18, 2023, 03:23:37 PMThere comes a point where we end up blaming (sometimes fairly) our players behaviour or our coaches. But ignoring the overall factors. We can't keep on ignoring the inconsistencies in the behaviour of officials and VAR. It is getting way past the point of 'oh well we just have to stop doing what we do'.

'
Agreed. I can actually live with inconsistent refs, like it used to be pre-VAR but when VAR is just as inconsistent, or worse, it ruins the game.

I also think it's a huge problem that VAR can only review very specific situations. For example, what if a player is given an incorrect yellow (which isn't checked by VAR) early in the game and then a second yellow later in the game? Can VAR even review the second yellow? I actually think they can't (please correct me if I'm wrong). This means that some red cards qualify for a VAR review but others don't. That's absolutely ridiculous!

Then there's diving. VAR will not intervene when a player should have been given a yellow for diving, which means it favours the divers and cheats. Some players take advantage of this and have perfected diving to gain an advantage. It's disgusting.

VAR is inherently inconsistent, even if the VAR officials get the decisions right (which isn't even always the case).

As long as VAR can't check every single incident (which would COMPLETELY ruin the game) and get ALL decisions CONSIDERABLY more consistent than pre-VAR (which they are not even remotely close to) I don't see the point of VAR at all. It just ruins the flow of the game. The decisions are still made by flawed humans, just not by a person who is actually at the game. It all adds to the speculations about corruption, which is definitely ruining the game.

In my opinion VAR is possibly the worst thing that has ever happened to football.

Yes it's definitely too subjective.

But now we get endless delays and refs trying to either over rule each other or alternatively not be seen to upsetting their mate or a more experienced official .

Bill2

Quote from: demeant0r on December 18, 2023, 03:15:15 PM
Quote from: filham on December 18, 2023, 03:04:39 PMSo what is Jiminez facing, a three match ban, Everton plus 2 league matches plus nearly all the Newcastle game. We  have to stop picking up these red cards they really can hurt.

We have to stop putting ourselves in situations where refs are forced to make these decisions.
But they are so inconsistent, what was red for a Fulham player is only a yellow  for an Arsenal player. What was red for Mitro (deservedly) was not even a booking for Haaland. The bigger clubs at home get away with loads but the away side as we know to our cost get nothing.

demeant0r

Quote from: Bill2 on December 19, 2023, 03:12:30 PM
Quote from: demeant0r on December 18, 2023, 03:15:15 PM

But they are so inconsistent, what was red for a Fulham player is only a yellow  for an Arsenal player. What was red for Mitro (deservedly) was not even a booking for Haaland. The bigger clubs at home get away with loads but the away side as we know to our cost get nothing.

Which is why we should cut out as many opportunities as we can for refs to even contemplate booking us.

demeant0r

There's some really really poor disciplinary issues at Fulham, Tete who was on a yellow already got shoved off the ball and then handled the ball on purpose without knowing if it was a free kick for us. He could've been sent off. Then Muniz who was shoved in the back by Tarkovski then got back up and retaliated, could've seen a red card. What is going on in this team?

Sting of the North

Quote from: demeant0r on December 19, 2023, 09:31:54 PMThere's some really really poor disciplinary issues at Fulham, Tete who was on a yellow already got shoved off the ball and then handled the ball on purpose without knowing if it was a free kick for us. He could've been sent off. Then Muniz who was shoved in the back by Tarkovski then got back up and retaliated, could've seen a red card. What is going on in this team?

The Tete thing you see very often. Is it ever punished?

And as for the Muniz situation (that I didn't see), it sounds from your description that it was Tarkowski that was the main culprit, not Muniz.

I don't think anything is going on, other than us being a very competitive team which causes emotions to boil over sometimes.

demeant0r

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 19, 2023, 10:28:52 PM
Quote from: demeant0r on December 19, 2023, 09:31:54 PMThere's some really really poor disciplinary issues at Fulham, Tete who was on a yellow already got shoved off the ball and then handled the ball on purpose without knowing if it was a free kick for us. He could've been sent off. Then Muniz who was shoved in the back by Tarkovski then got back up and retaliated, could've seen a red card. What is going on in this team?

The Tete thing you see very often. Is it ever punished?

And as for the Muniz situation (that I didn't see), it sounds from your description that it was Tarkowski that was the main culprit, not Muniz.

I don't think anything is going on, other than us being a very competitive team which causes emotions to boil over sometimes.

I remember seeing a limb being flung by Muniz, but I could be wrong. Still, there is no need there to give the ref/VAR the chance to book you/send you off.