perry geyton

Keep Tosin no matter what
PLEASE !!!!

St Eve

Agreed.
And JP
And bring Fabio home

btffc

Unfortunately, if Tosin is still keen on Monaco then we would have to offer him double the wages Monaco does just to match the net income due to taxes plus they probably offer a significant signing on fee and some slightly nicer weather. Would likely need 100k/week to match which is a lot for us.

My hope is Monaco is no longer interested and he forms a Nigerian connection with Iwobi and Bassey that makes him really want to stay. Along with looking at being the starter at RCB.

ChesterTheTabby

Tosin was lights out tonight - amazing
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Willham

Quote from: btffc on December 20, 2023, 01:15:12 AMUnfortunately, if Tosin is still keen on Monaco then we would have to offer him double the wages Monaco does just to match the net income due to taxes plus they probably offer a significant signing on fee and some slightly nicer weather. Would likely need 100k/week to match which is a lot for us.

My hope is Monaco is no longer interested and he forms a Nigerian connection with Iwobi and Bassey that makes him really want to stay. Along with looking at being the starter at RCB.

I thought Monaco can't get away with their tax evasion anymore? They weren't charged as such but they were blocked from the tax evasion scheme they had, hence why they had to be a selling club for so long, because they had players on contracts where the club 'promised to pay their tax' but we're actually doing dodgy things to avoid it, the avoiding got stopped but the club was still under obligation, players and club started fighting as club wanted either new contracts or a transfer fee while players didn't want the pay cut, maybe wanted out the club but without anywhere matching their pay? I'm sure this was quite a few years ago, went alongside Monacos drop from glory (their still not bad but they were hitting barca/r.madrid/juventus kinda of standards at one point

btffc

Quote from: Willham on December 20, 2023, 01:41:29 AM
Quote from: btffc on December 20, 2023, 01:15:12 AMUnfortunately, if Tosin is still keen on Monaco then we would have to offer him double the wages Monaco does just to match the net income due to taxes plus they probably offer a significant signing on fee and some slightly nicer weather. Would likely need 100k/week to match which is a lot for us.

I thought Monaco can't get away with their tax evasion anymore? They weren't charged as such but they were blocked from the tax evasion scheme they had, hence why they had to be a selling club for so long, because they had players on contracts where the club 'promised to pay their tax' but we're actually doing dodgy things to avoid it, the avoiding got stopped but the club was still under obligation, players and club started fighting as club wanted either new contracts or a transfer fee while players didn't want the pay cut, maybe wanted out the club but without anywhere matching their pay? I'm sure this was quite a few years ago, went alongside Monacos drop from glory (their still not bad but they were hitting barca/r.madrid/juventus kinda of standards at one point

Unless it's changed very recently, foreign players aren't required to pay any taxes. I believe something does have to be paid by or for French players but I think it is still than they would have to be paid in France.

Where they got hurt recently was during covid they received nothing from the French government to help get through it whereas the French teams did.

perry geyton

Quote from: St Eve on December 20, 2023, 01:07:00 AMAgreed.
And JP
And bring Fabio home
Not so sure about the 3rd one, I get the feeling their gonna offer him back to us in a trade for JP and £
I say F**K them

StuinSalop

Quote from: perry geyton on December 20, 2023, 04:35:22 AM
Quote from: St Eve on December 20, 2023, 01:07:00 AMAgreed.
And JP
And bring Fabio home
Not so sure about the 3rd one, I get the feeling their gonna offer him back to us in a trade for JP and £
I say F**K them

I would take Fabio plus £70 million for Palhinha.  Not going to happen but if the money is right we should talk.