watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Burnley do smash and grab!

Started by Nick Bateman, December 23, 2023, 05:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

To almost steal somebody else's line we have just got back, literally minutes ago, and that was the worse second half performance we have seen in a very long time. The most touches stat must go to Tosin as the ball went left, right and back even with the massive 0-2 scoreline up there in lights and what was with the corner routine. What a waste.
First goal was a hats off fair enough one but the second one was more, somebody get close, somebody, come on somebody hold him up, block him, let's try a tackle oh there you go. TC just threw his arms up in the air and Leno had the look of somebody wishing the ground would open. Much, much better all round next time please and that includes you Marco.

F(f)CUK

This was a game where the first goal wins. Fulham score it and Burnley have to come out. Burnley score it and they can pack their defence. We didn't take any of our first half chances and paid the price.

Burnley picked on Castagne and didn't let him settle. The number of times that Castagne getting the ball led to a turnover was far too many.

bahay18

I thought Burnley were just as poor as we were . Neither team created a chance and they scored 2 very good goals from range which weren't in keeping with a poor game . All teams are capable of being flat I.e see villa v sheff Utd

RaySmith

Quote from: Whitestone on December 23, 2023, 06:14:21 PMThe scoreline flattered Burnley. We dominated the first half but failed to take our chances. On any other day we go in 2-0 up.  We weren't great but certainly didn't deserve to lose that game. They won with two speculative shots. Leno could have done better with the second although I'm not sure why Sander Berge was given the freedom of the park. The first was unstoppable. We don't have sufficient squad depth offensively and missed Willian and Jiminez. Silva didn't have the personnel to change things up.

Agree, we should have been at least two up at half-time - shooting straight at the keeper, and the keeper's great saves, but on another day at least one would have gone in, and I doubt Burnley would have come back.

perry geyton

Personally I think we really missed Willian down the left, he links up so well with Tom and Robinson who was woeful yesterday mainly because Willian wasn't on the pitch
Hopefully he'll be back for Bournemouth

Whitestone

Quote from: perry geyton on December 24, 2023, 03:53:37 PMPersonally I think we really missed Willian down the left, he links up so well with Tom and Robinson who was woeful yesterday mainly because Willian wasn't on the pitch
Hopefully he'll be back for Bournemouth

That can't be understated either. He is so key to our attacking play along with a CF like Jiminez on his recent form.

Woolly Mammoth

We weren't just flat, that is an excuse for being lazy and not up for it.
That is down to the players and the manager.
We got what we deserved, and it will happen again if we don't start being more consistent and ruthless, and not take opponents for granted.

It would also help if we had a Captain who is not afraid to kick a few backsides when necessary.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Nick Bateman on December 23, 2023, 05:03:19 PMStats don't lie:

Fulham had 5 shots on target to Burnley's 2, yet they won 2-0.

Fulham committed 5 fouls had 2 players booked. Burnley did 17 fouls yet only had 1 player booked.

Palhinha booked again for sneezing.

Burnley were certainly doing some grabbing, and come to think about it, some smashing as well.
Which undoubtedly will happen when teams are fighting for their lives.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Al-Fayed

We missed Willian. He and Cairney have established a great understanding. Cairney often positions himself close to William and they play some effective short passes that open up a defence. Iwobi better on the right or down the middle.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Benhamdoun on December 24, 2023, 10:51:41 PMWe missed Willian. He and Cairney have established a great understanding. Cairney often positions himself close to William and they play some effective short passes that open up a defence. Iwobi better on the right or down the middle.
+1

I think Iwobi's best position is on the right, but unfortunately that is also Wilson's best position, and he showed excellent form in recent games as well.

When all fit, I'd still go with Willian-Andreas-Iwobi behind the striker. It gives us the best chance of winning imo.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: SerbianLad on December 24, 2023, 11:17:12 PMI think Iwobi's best position is on the right, but unfortunately that is also Wilson's best position, and he showed excellent form in recent games as well.

When all fit, I'd still go with Willian-Andreas-Iwobi behind the striker. It gives us the best chance of winning imo.

I'm starting to wonder about Periera, he seems to do less and less. Watching Lemina of Wolves today I would gladly swap. Also Silva has some soft spot for DeCordova-Reid which I cannot fathom how he constantly gets a game. We are always worse when he's on, or is brought on.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"