watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Atmosphere

Started by Samjack, December 23, 2023, 09:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samjack

Is it just me or has the atmosphere in the ground this season been terrible? It was understandable today as we were poor but even when we were winning 5-0 it was quiet. Very few people singing all season. Same old tired songs. Away from home it has been decent but the cottage is like a morgue this season.

Jamie88

Funny that when you start charging £100 a ticket. I for one cannot afford to go anymore and I'm sure there are countless other Fulham fans

Of course we sell tickets, but those tickets are going to neutrals, tourists, anyone whos happy to fork out the money to watch some Premier League football in a nice part of London

Luka

Quote from: Samjack on December 23, 2023, 09:46:15 PMIs it just me or has the atmosphere in the ground this season been terrible? It was understandable today as we were poor but even when we were winning 5-0 it was quiet. Very few people singing all season. Same old tired songs. Away from home it has been decent but the cottage is like a morgue this season.

The atmosphere wasn't great today.
I do sing but I hear around me many that are not interested anymore being involved with the songs about Al Fayed :
1. He is not "the owner".
2. He doesn't want to "be a Brit" anymore.
3. These chants show no respect to khan senior.

There was a lot of that today and we need to move on.

Milo

Quote from: Jamie88 on December 23, 2023, 10:07:23 PMFunny that when you start charging £100 a ticket. I for one cannot afford to go anymore and I'm sure there are countless other Fulham fans

Of course we sell tickets, but those tickets are going to neutrals, tourists, anyone whos happy to fork out the money to watch some Premier League football in a nice part of London

Exactly

Willham

Quote from: Jamie88 on December 23, 2023, 10:07:23 PMFunny that when you start charging £100 a ticket. I for one cannot afford to go anymore and I'm sure there are countless other Fulham fans

This is a very interesting point, I hope I don't offend anyone on here with this, but I have always felt, the louder fans are usually the more working class people, like myself, and the higher classes are more the ones to sit and (half) clap when someone scores for the team they like.

Obviously this is generalisation at the max! But I wonder if you are right, and the high cost tickets are bring a different demographic to the games.

Only recently though, posted a thread about how the everton carabao cup game was the best atmosphere of any game I've ever been too, and im sure anyone else who went to the game could back me up, Everton fans sounded asleep.

hovewhite

Where I sit a few of us sing but seems the majority aren't longstanding fans but tourists,which makes a lousy atmosphere.

cookieg

CC has very rarely been been a cauldron of noise in all the years I have been going. There used to be jokes on here about how quiet the Riverside stand was and they certainly weren't tourists. I have had my seat for god knows how many years and it is never an area which sings constantly throughout the game.

To blame the lack of atmosphere on the price of tickets or tourists is nonsense. We've always had tourists come to watch us which at times depended on who we had playing for us, Inamoto springs to mind. Maybe if the team had turned up yesterday and gave us something to cheer about the atmosphere would have been better.

Whitestone

Quote from: Milo on December 23, 2023, 10:15:36 PM

Exactly

No one has to fork out £100 to watch Fulham. There are cheaper tickets available for every match. That said I do agree that the club have got their ticket pricing wrong. They aren't listening to supporters and the 18% rise in season tickets and prices for individual matches are still way too high in general. I certainly wouldn't pay it and as an ex Riverside stand season ticket holder have certainly been priced out of that area of the ground. It is entirely possible though that those prepared to pay the highest prices are from a different demographic and aren't regular attendees and that could have an effect on atmosphere in the ground.

Twig

Quote from: cookieg on December 24, 2023, 07:58:22 AMCC has very rarely been been a cauldron of noise in all the years I have been going. There used to be jokes on here about how quiet the Riverside stand was and they certainly weren't tourists. I have had my seat for god knows how many years and it is never an area which sings constantly throughout the game.

To blame the lack of atmosphere on the price of tickets or tourists is nonsense. We've always had tourists come to watch us which at times depended on who we had playing for us, Inamoto springs to mind. Maybe if the team had turned up yesterday and gave us something to cheer about the atmosphere would have been better.

It's nonsense in your opinion. On a more balanced note I think the undoubted increase in ticket sales to neutrals is a contributory factor to the disappointing atmosphere sometimes encountered at CC this season. A half completed stand doesn't help either and neither does a pricing policy that deters families and working class supporters from attending. It's certainly true that our ground has never been a cauldron and it's also true that the Riverside was never packed with singing supporters. However, even relative to our traditionally "polite" atmosphere this season is less atmospheric than ever.

filham

Get that new stand fully open with seats available at £30 each for the Liverpool cup tie with a goal scoring striker in our team and we may experience a good atmosphere and a record all seating gate at the Cottage.
Come on TK what about it.

FulhamKC

Has Craven Cottage ever been loud? It certainly wasn't when I was a season ticket holder in 1999-2000.

copthornemike

If you go to the away matches the Fulham fans are as loud as any.

bencher

Because I live abroad and have never been a season ticket holder even when I lived in London, I have sometimes felt a bit like a tourist when at the Cottage. But on a recent visit to London I managed to get to the Forest match, and I have to say the atmosphere was really quite poor considering how well we played on the night. I was sat in the Johnny Haynes Stand, and in front of me were about 3 or 4 guys who were probably work colleagues or something, but they spent almost the entire match discussing workplace politics etc and were barely following the match. It was really quite annoying.