News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Muniz edging towards our worst ever starting 11?

Started by Sammyffc, December 26, 2023, 05:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 26, 2023, 07:04:02 PM
Quote from: davew on December 26, 2023, 06:54:53 PMReally fed up with reading comments trying to make excuses for him e.g. still very young, shows promise etc. All I have seen is somebody who is completely out of his depth and whoever signed him should resign from being a FFC scout even if it was Marco, what a waste of money!!! As for some saying Vinny is a better striker well that is so reassuring, relegation battle here we come!!

It's not excuses to say he's young and is a prospect though. That's a fact. We didn't purchase him to walk into our side. It's just not really worked out so far. He needs a loan, that's all. One that works out or he'll be off to a foreign league that's about championship standard or worse.
Another loan what a great idea, perhaps Boro will want him back and let him sit on the bench again! Sorry but at the age of 22 and costing a fair amount of money, I will repeat myself, what a waste of money!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Grassy Noel

Quote from: perry geyton on December 26, 2023, 06:26:16 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on December 26, 2023, 05:39:06 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on December 26, 2023, 05:24:54 PMNot at all

He's better then Vinny and with Zero supply today per usual, not sure what he's supposed to do,

Robinsons crossing shocking again

I thought Muniz should have seen Robinson couldn't pull it back to where he was standing so should have gambled and gone to the near post. Mitrovic would have seen that.
I always feel like Robinsons feet are way too quick for his brain, the amount of times he runs ahead of himself,
Good luck reading that if your a striker

Agreed.Conversely TC's brain is too quick for his feet.

SimonDaviesEnjoyer

No, even excluding the lower league years we've had worse up front. Eddie Johnson and Orlando Sa immediately leap to mind. As others have said it feels like Muniz has been somewhat shafted by the club.

Grassy Noel

When the ball is played to him as the focal point for further distribution then he is fairly good but this rarely seemed to happen today. Running into space is a problem for him for whatever reason.

Kingjay81

Quote from: Sammyffc on December 26, 2023, 06:32:13 PMinteresting comments!, im not slating Muniz i just second what FFC1987 said, i just feel bad for him that he is playing at this level when it clearly isn't for him. However i would be intrigued to see him playing with another striker beside him, us just putting it out wide and crossing it does nothing for him unfortunately

I would argue that you suggesting he is one of the worst 11 players we have ever had is definitely slating him.

You can't have been watching us for very long if you genuinely think that.

I feel sorry for him, he's not impressed me but it has to be taken in to account that he's not been given any real service or support from our forward players.

ron

Quote from: bobbo on December 26, 2023, 07:01:03 PMRe the opening heading . Frank Large is in that 11 but should the lad take his place ?

Rest now in peace Frankie!

Willham

Quote from: Sammyffc on December 26, 2023, 06:32:13 PMinteresting comments!, im not slating Muniz i just second what FFC1987 said, i just feel bad for him that he is playing at this level when it clearly isn't for him. However i would be intrigued to see him playing with another striker beside him, us just putting it out wide and crossing it does nothing for him unfortunately

I have been left thinking about the last 10 minutes of the everton game the past 2 matches, Everton equalised and we went with a 3 at the back and an extra striker, worked well for the last 10 mins against Everton, why haven't we tried that the last couple of matches when in losing positions?

Lighthouse

Not sure Vinni is any better. I think Muniz at least looks dangerous in the area with the positions he takes up. But how many chances were created. His link up plays is as good as Vinni but how many times did he receive the ball and have players in positions to run off him.

We know we have needed a forward since he that shall not be named flounced off. Raul as has been stated many times was always coming in as a second striker not a replacement as the main striker.

So no Muniz is not even close to being in the worst starting 11.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Hatch007

RaySmith

Quote from: Hatch007 on December 26, 2023, 10:16:21 PMJohn Watson, anyone?

At least Big Frank Large - sorry, I meant to quote bobbo's post about him not the post about John Watson , unfortunate to be Allan Clarke's replacement - like replacing a thoroughbred racehorse with a carthorse, put himself about a bit, came close too scoring a few times - he actually scored 3 in a season with us, and had a long  career in the EFL- I think he did well at Northampton, where we got him from, and he ended up back there.

Not sure that Muniz could have a long career with an English club, certainly not in the Prem it seems, though maybe he could come improve under Marco, maybe - who really wanted him didn't he?

But shows the incredibly high standards of the Prem, where only about 2 percent of youngsters signed to clubs make the grade, and the Championship too, when players who are considered pretty good in their home country leagues, like Muniz and Vinicius, or even Bryan Ruiz going back a bit,  can really struggle here to make an impact  - such high levels not just of skill but athleticism, strength, application etc.

We probably don't realize the high standards it takes to play in the Prem.

Just reading, top pro cyclist, Mark Cavendish's bio, very good, a Christmas present, and he tells how an old Isle of Man mate from school, a decent cyclist, asked him how he himself would do in a flat, ie 'easier', stage of the Tour de France, and  Mark's, brutally honest, reply, was, 'you'd have no chance of even surviving, even, probably, the 10k Neutralised Zone,' at the beginning of many stages, as they roll out of cities.

Similarly Prem football - most of us would have no chance of ever making the grade at an elite level in either football or cycling, such are the levels not just of skill, but athleticism, and application, etc.

deadcowboys

Quote from: RaySmith on December 27, 2023, 11:18:02 AM
Quote from: Hatch007 on December 26, 2023, 10:16:21 PMJohn Watson, anyone?

At least Big Frank Large - sorry, I meant to quote bobbo's post about him not the post about John Watson , unfortunate to be Allan Clarke's replacement - like replacing a thoroughbred racehorse with a carthorse, put himself about a bit, came close too scoring a few times - he actually scored 3 in a season with us, and had a long  career in the EFL- I think he did well at Northampton, where we got him from, and he ended up back there.

Oh dear, Fearless Frank came in part exchange for Sniffer from Leicester City. He did play over 200 games for Northampton in 3 spells scoring 88 goals so not entirely useless. He was of course poor for us.

Jamie88

If we are talking Premier League, then Eddie Johnson for me was the worst, and it isn't even close.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

Quote from: Jamie88 on December 27, 2023, 01:25:03 PMIf we are talking Premier League, then Eddie Johnson for me was the worst, and it isn't even close.

Collins John wasnt far behind
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ffc73

We bought a highly respected striker for a lot of money in the day, Peter Kitchen, from Orient. Hopeless for us.

We could real off others, many already mentioned, that are far worse than Muniz or Vinni. Unfortunately, neither of those two are good enough. I'll be amazed if Raul does not start on Sunday.

hovewhite

Quote from: filham on December 26, 2023, 05:38:29 PMBDR, Vinnie and Muniz who featured in today's front three attackers have each firmly established themselves as near non scoring strikers.
results wise the 3 of them are there already.

Brawn

Not yet. I thought he did OK when picked, especially against United, albeit without something in the something column.