News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Muniz edging towards our worst ever starting 11?

Started by Sammyffc, December 26, 2023, 05:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

Cost us nearly 8-9m if i remember correctly and imo is league one at best. Might be being harsh but my gosh, i have never seen him and thought wow he is good.

Sgt Fulham

Not even close, we've had some real crap over the years. That said, a striker that can't score is not one that a Premier League team needs.

SP

perry geyton

Not at all

He's better then Vinny and with Zero supply today per usual, not sure what he's supposed to do,

Robinsons crossing shocking again

filham

BDR, Vinnie and Muniz who featured in today's front three attackers have each firmly established themselves as near non scoring strikers.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: perry geyton on December 26, 2023, 05:24:54 PMNot at all

He's better then Vinny and with Zero supply today per usual, not sure what he's supposed to do,

I thought Muniz should have seen Robinson couldn't pull it back to where he was standing so should have gambled and gone to the near post. Mitrovic would have seen that.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Luka

Quote from: Nick Bateman on December 26, 2023, 05:39:06 PM

I thought Muniz should have seen Robinson couldn't pull it back to where he was standing so should have gambled and gone to the near post. Mitrovic would have seen that.

Muniz could be standing in the perfect position and Robinson might hit the perfect ball or just as easily hit it into the stands.
It's a lottery with Robinson so I have to feel some sympathy for any striker playing with that level of service.

Lordedmundo

I've seen nothing in his performances to suggest that Muniz is a better player than Vini. In terms of stats he is in fact a fair bit worse.

His (lack of) movement was poor today, slow reactions and slow pace equals a player out of his depth in the Premier league.

Somerset Fulham

Nowhere near, but he also isn't good enough.  We tried and it didn't work out.

JimmyConway

He needs to learn how to read the game. Very naive and that's being kind. We are carrying him and it shows. Manager needs to be criticised quite rightly last two league games. If Marco is this genius some sing about then something has gone drastically wrong for a genius not to see that Vinicius is a far better option for this team when Jimenez is absent.

perry geyton

Quote from: Nick Bateman on December 26, 2023, 05:39:06 PM

I always feel like Robinsons feet are way too quick for his brain, the amount of times he runs ahead of himself,
Good luck reading that if your a striker

FFC1987

Feel for Muniz. He shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11 let alone our squad at the moment. The kid needs a step down, score a few goals, play regularly in a league that befits his level and start properly learning his craft.

The fact he's starting, and getting criticism when it's not his fault is harsh. It's poor recruitment that is clearly the issue.

Sammyffc

interesting comments!, im not slating Muniz i just second what FFC1987 said, i just feel bad for him that he is playing at this level when it clearly isn't for him. However i would be intrigued to see him playing with another striker beside him, us just putting it out wide and crossing it does nothing for him unfortunately

C Block

Wasn't it last January that Middlesbrough tried to send him back six months early after he had failed to make the grade in the Championship,
He was never ever going to make it in the Premier League,
It's very easy to sign s**t players for vast amounts of money, look at Chelsea and Manchester United, but it's nigh on impossible to sell them and that's the problem we're going to have in January, who in their right mind will give us for money for Muniz and Vinicius?

FFC1987

Quote from: C Block on December 26, 2023, 06:37:58 PMWasn't it last January that Middlesbrough tried to send him back six months early after he had failed to make the grade in the Championship,
He was never ever going to make it in the Premier League,
It's very easy to sign s**t players for vast amounts of money, look at Chelsea and Manchester United, but it's nigh on impossible to sell them and that's the problem we're going to have in January, who in their right mind will give us for money for Muniz and Vinicius?

We should t sell Muniz. He's still a youth prospect really.

As for Carlos, I think we will find suitors abroad.

hovewhite

He and the rest of our strikers couldn't score in a brothel.

davew

Really fed up with reading comments trying to make excuses for him e.g. still very young, shows promise etc. All I have seen is somebody who is completely out of his depth and whoever signed him should resign from being a FFC scout even if it was Marco, what a waste of money!!! As for some saying Vinny is a better striker well that is so reassuring, relegation battle here we come!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bobbo

Re the opening heading . Frank Large is in that 11 but should the lad take his place ?
1975 just leaving home full of hope

FFC1987

Quote from: davew on December 26, 2023, 06:54:53 PMReally fed up with reading comments trying to make excuses for him e.g. still very young, shows promise etc. All I have seen is somebody who is completely out of his depth and whoever signed him should resign from being a FFC scout even if it was Marco, what a waste of money!!! As for some saying Vinny is a better striker well that is so reassuring, relegation battle here we come!!

It's not excuses to say he's young and is a prospect though. That's a fact. We didn't purchase him to walk into our side. It's just not really worked out so far. He needs a loan, that's all. One that works out or he'll be off to a foreign league that's about championship standard or worse.

deadcowboys

Quote from: hovewhite on December 26, 2023, 06:40:40 PMHe and the rest of our strikers couldn't score in a brothel.

I assume by that, that you have the experience to know!