watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We need to recall stansfield

Started by bobbo, December 26, 2023, 06:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

I'm sorry to say, but that is an absolutely ridiculous comparison, since one thing would be absolutely retarded and the other is likely very common (not a recall clause as such maybe, but the theoretical option of cutting a loan short depending on circumstances).

It was clearly the intention (and very likely still is) that Stansfield should spend the season on loan at Birmingham. Hence the statement. Why is there a reason to invent additional meanings?

But thank you for confirming that there has indeed been no confirmations whatsoever, because I started to think that maybe I missed something.

Have a good night.

Somerset Fulham

A ridiculous argument sometimes needs a ridiculous comparison to highlight it as such.

Have a good rest of the break and great new year mate.

Brawn

For what it's worth, you can't recall him on Football Manager, and they tend to be very accurate on this sort of thing.

Dodgin

Would be good to see him, with better players around him.

South Coast White

Quote from: Dodgin on December 27, 2023, 08:43:10 AMWould be good to see him, with better players around him.

On current form, that statement is debatable.

Twig

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 27, 2023, 12:29:03 AMA ridiculous argument sometimes needs a ridiculous comparison to highlight it as such.

Have a good rest of the break and great new year mate.

As far as I can see the loan is for a season and there is absolutely no suggestion that FFC has the right to impose an early termination. Clearly Birmingham are not going to mutually agree to end the loan early because he's their star player.

filham

So we think Stansfield is now ready for Premier League football but in August our head coach thought otherwise.
This suggests that our head coaches judgement is not too good.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: filham on December 27, 2023, 11:16:45 AMSo we think Stansfield is now ready for Premier League football but in August our head coach thought otherwise.
This suggests that our head coaches judgement is not too good.

Or some poster's judgement may have been a little clouded so soon after the game yesterday.

LC

Interesting comments from Rooney, it appears we can recall him if we wish although he wants Stansfield to stay.

Also interesting reading the comments section on the article. It looks like the fans think he's going. If we can't find a forward in January I would take him back. My preference is for him to stay in the Championship whether with Birmingham or another team, Ipswich perhaps, and gain experience and try and get as close as he can to 20 goal mark.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-jay-stansfield-fulham-28366695?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#comments-wrapper

filham

I think Stansfield has been playing in the wide right position for Birmingham and in the two wide positions we have Willian, Iwobi, Wilson and BDR.
It is in the target man position that we have a problem, is there any evidence that Stansfield could fill this role.

Somerset Fulham

It does seem that he can be recalled somehow and if that is the case then I stand corrected and apologise to all concerned.  ::thumb::

LC

Quote from: filham on December 30, 2023, 05:32:48 PMI think Stansfield has been playing in the wide right position for Birmingham and in the two wide positions we have Willian, Iwobi, Wilson and BDR.
It is in the target man position that we have a problem, is there any evidence that Stansfield could fill this role.

No he's been playing either as a centre forward or a second striker role. According to WhoScored and the clips I've seen of him he's been playing as a centre forward

Twig

Quote from: filham on December 30, 2023, 05:32:48 PMI think Stansfield has been playing in the wide right position for Birmingham and in the two wide positions we have Willian, Iwobi, Wilson and BDR.

He's not been playing out wide as far as I am aware.

Twig

Quote from: LC on December 30, 2023, 05:20:46 PMInteresting comments from Rooney, it appears we can recall him if we wish although he wants Stansfield to stay.

Also interesting reading the comments section on the article. It looks like the fans think he's going. If we can't find a forward in January I would take him back. My preference is for him to stay in the Championship whether with Birmingham or another team, Ipswich perhaps, and gain experience and try and get as close as he can to 20 goal mark.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-jay-stansfield-fulham-28366695?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#comments-wrapper

Interesting as you say. So we have a "small window" whatever that is.

deadcowboys

Quote from: Twig on December 30, 2023, 06:47:49 PM
Quote from: LC on December 30, 2023, 05:20:46 PMInteresting comments from Rooney, it appears we can recall him if we wish although he wants Stansfield to stay.

It's a window that's not very big.

HV71

Quote from: deadcowboys on December 30, 2023, 08:25:03 PM
Quote from: Twig on December 30, 2023, 06:47:49 PM

It's a window that's not very big.

Are we about to witness the defenestration of St Andrews ?

btffc

We should recall him and send him somewhere else that isn't coached by Wayne Rooney.

Having him watched several times this year, He is not PL ready. He'd be an infrequent sub. It would best if he stays in the Championship for the rest of the year.

FreiBird

Championship is easy for him if he's playing in the right system with good teammates. Recalling him and bringing him into our squad would be a terrible idea, recall and get him out to a decent Championship team.

LC

Quote from: FreiBird on December 30, 2023, 09:16:21 PMChampionship is easy for him if he's playing in the right system with good teammates. Recalling him and bringing him into our squad would be a terrible idea, recall and get him out to a decent Championship team.

Having looked at Ipswich and Sunderland's squads they both need a centre forward. Could be a good change for him. It'll also give him a taste of a Championship title/play off run.