Main Menu

We need to recall stansfield

Started by bobbo, December 26, 2023, 06:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

He's just popped another one in for birmingham
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Somerset Fulham

Not that we should anyway, but how many times has it been confirmed on here that we can't?

davew

If he is the answer what was the question, oh yes who else can we play as a striker who is not of PL quality!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bobbo

Quote from: davew on December 26, 2023, 06:56:15 PMIf he is the answer what was the question, oh yes who else can we play as a striker who is not of PL quality!
I know he's only playing in the championship and for a poor side also but he's never had many chances at prem level I was just thinking he surely can't be any worse than muniz and vini.
Who that's decent is going to be attracted next month with the way we're playing . I've unfortunately lived and supported through a few periods like the present .

davew

Quote from: bobbo on December 26, 2023, 07:15:58 PM
Quote from: davew on December 26, 2023, 06:56:15 PMIf he is the answer what was the question, oh yes who else can we play as a striker who is not of PL quality!
I know he's only playing in the championship and for a poor side also but he's never had many chances at prem level I was just thinking he surely can't be any worse than muniz and vini.
Who that's decent is going to be attracted next month with the way we're playing . I've unfortunately lived and supported through a few periods like the present .
So have I Bobbo, probably more than you, I am 72! Happy New Year!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

SimonDaviesEnjoyer

No, leave him at City. He needs minutes and yards in his legs.

bobbo

Quote from: davew on December 26, 2023, 07:18:06 PM
Quote from: bobbo on December 26, 2023, 07:15:58 PM
So have I Bobbo, probably more than you, I am 72! Happy New Year!
happy new year to you too Dave , sadly mate you're a good few years behind me 😂

Sting of the North

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 26, 2023, 06:51:32 PMNot that we should anyway, but how many times has it been confirmed on here that we can't?

I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere. It is not unusual for a recall in January, is it?

If it is possible, it of course depends on whether or not that is something that both clubs have to agree on or if the decision lies with just one club.

cookieg

We sent him out on a season long loan how can Birmingham plan their season if they think we will recall him at anytime. If it was for 6 months and then roll it over/ not renew then fair enough but it is for a season. I can understand if a goalkeeper is recalled due to injury but not an outfield player.

Sting of the North

Quote from: cookieg on December 26, 2023, 10:22:38 PMWe sent him out on a season long loan how can Birmingham plan their season if they think we will recall him at anytime. If it was for 6 months and then roll it over/ not renew then fair enough but it is for a season. I can understand if a goalkeeper is recalled due to injury but not an outfield player.

Well, we can't recall him outside of the transfer window, so it's no different for example from a player with a release clause. Happens all the time, so wouldn't be strange in the slightest.

Somerset Fulham

Sting of the North

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 26, 2023, 10:29:04 PMIt was definitely for a season. He isn't our answer yet anyway, no chance.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/august/24/Loan-And-New-Deal-For-Stansfield/

Nobody has said anywhere as far as I know that the loan wasn't for the season. Just that we don't know if there is a possibility to cut it short or not. Maybe there isn't, but I haven't seen any such confirmation. I think there is usually such an option, but it might be that both clubs have to agree on it. 

Just compare to Domingos Quina that we initially had on a season long loan from Watford. That one was cut short.

Somerset Fulham

But equally, we couldn't get Muniz back last season once we realised it wasn't working out for him.

Sting of the North

And do you know whether that was because we couldn't, or the clubs didn't agree?

Also, do you acknowledge the Quina loan being cut short? If so, is there anything else to add, since we would then know that there may (or may not) be a possibility for a recall? Unless we have confirmation either way, is there really any need to argue anything more? Can't we just agree that we don't know?

AJW48361

Don't think he's ready or the answer.We need to sign the finished article

Somerset Fulham

What a strange thing to be so argumentative about. Clearly we couldn't get him back, no matter what the reasons.

Do you mean Quina being sent back to Watford? If so, of course I acknowledge it but that was a guy who simply wasn't going to get a kick for us and that Watford probably needed back.

Slightly different scenario isn't it?

Sting of the North

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 26, 2023, 10:53:29 PMWhat a strange thing to be so argumentative about. Clearly we couldn't get him back, no matter what the reasons.

Do you mean Quina being sent back to Watford? If so, of course I acknowledge it but that was a guy who simply wasn't going to get a kick for us and that Watford probably needed back.

Slightly different scenario isn't it?

It is you, who has stated that it has been confirmed multiple times that we can't get Stansfield back in January. This has of course not been confirmed, to my knowledge, and isn't any more confirmed just because it is repeated in different ways. Very strange hill to die on, speaking of being argumentative.

And I haven't in any way compared the situations between the different players. I also haven't said that we can recall Stansfield. Or that we should if we can. I have simply stated that we don't know whether it is possible. No idea what is so difficult or seemingly controversial about that minor correction. 

Somerset Fulham

It literally says it in the link on the club website.  I am dying on no hill here. :lol:

Sting of the North

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 26, 2023, 11:13:05 PMIt literally says it in the link on the club website.  I am dying on no hill here. :lol:
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 26, 2023, 11:13:05 PMIt literally says it in the link on the club website.  I am dying on no hill here. :lol:

It says nothing about any potential recall, termination of loan options or lack thereof in the link you provided. If you have other links, I am happy to look at them. If not then I will have to assume that you are not even reading what you are replying to, which makes this pointless.

Somerset Fulham

It also doesn't say that we will sell him to Birmingham for a tenner, but I do take the words "On top of that, the youngster will spend the 2023/24 campaign on loan at Championship side Birmingham City" as fairly certain that we don't have a recall clause and neither will we be selling him for a tenner.