watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Congratulations to Marco Silva

Started by sarnian, December 31, 2023, 07:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarnian

For the way he set up the side today. I was disappointed when I heard Bobby was playing but Silva played him just in front of Cassagne cutting off the supply to Martinelli who makes a lot of chances normally. We also did the same cutting off a lot of the supply to Saka who Robinson had in his pocket.

A tactical masterclass from the manager. ::wine::

LC

Indeed, worth mentioning we changed the system slightly by being on a third centre back in Diop and we didn't really lose any of our attacking threat. Tactics were great today well done Marco Silva

demeant0r

I love Marco, I do. But he plays the same tactics, the same formation every match and if it isn't working he has no response which is why we gain so few points from losing positions.

But in light of today's win, I won't bitch more any more  ::smile::

ffcthereligion

Quote from: demeant0r on December 31, 2023, 08:13:34 PMI love Marco, I do. But he plays the same tactics, the same formation every match and if it isn't working he has no response which is why we gain so few points from losing positions.

But in light of today's win, I won't bitch more any more  ::smile::

Championship title with record goals tally
Top ten premier league finish
League cup semi finalists

I'll take repetitive tactics with those results in 2.5 years!

fatboy13

Excellent all round. Really pleased for the team, Marco and our fans.

I thought on our form and with them coming off of a loss we were in for a very long afternoon.
 Great team performance worked for each other and we won our individual battles. Let's hope we can push on again into 2024. HNY All.

hovewhite

Total faith in Marco.Also noted Andreas came out before the game and said he needed to look within himself and give more ,that's seems the attitude as a fan I want to see and love the commitment and passion driven through the squad by Marco.Happy new year to everyone

Herbie

Quote from: sarnian on December 31, 2023, 07:24:06 PMFor the way he set up the side today. I was disappointed when I heard Bobby was playing but Silva played him just in front of Cassagne cutting off the supply to Martinelli who makes a lot of chances normally. We also did the same cutting off a lot of the supply to Saka who Robinson had in his pocket.

A tactical masterclass from the manager. ::wine::

Bobby deserves more praise for the unselfish role he plays for the squad.  Nominee for the Unsung Hero award

Jims Dentist

Quote from: hovewhite on December 31, 2023, 08:43:17 PMTotal faith in Marco.Also noted Andreas came out before the game and said he needed to look within himself and give more ,that's seems the attitude as a fan I want to see and love the commitment and passion driven through the squad by Marco.Happy new year to everyone
Pereira sure needs to give A LOT, more.
He has been a week link mostly this season.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: hovewhite on December 31, 2023, 08:43:17 PMTotal faith in Marco.Also noted Andreas came out before the game and said he needed to look within himself and give more ,that's seems the attitude as a fan I want to see and love the commitment and passion driven through the squad by Marco.Happy new year to everyone
And by heck didn't Andreas just do that. He played really well when he came on.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ianthailand

Quote from: Jims Dentist on December 31, 2023, 09:28:37 PM
Pereira sure needs to give A LOT, more.
He has been a week link mostly this season.
I don't think he's 100% mentally after his injury. I've noticed him pull out of 50/50 tackles this season which never happened in 22/23. Hopefully will increase in confidence as time goes on.

btffc

I've thought Marco has been too stale when facing top 6 sides that are more talented by trying to play his normal system the same way as he would play against a bottom of the table club. Very happy to see he is evolving and is making good tactical switches and tweaks to combat them.

I'd be reluctant to switch things up after how well we played the last time there but I wouldn't be opposed to him going 5 at the back from the start when we go to Anfield.

hovewhite

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 31, 2023, 09:37:40 PM
noticed that and will need to be at this level which is is same as Iwobis level every game .

Jim©

Quote from: hovewhite on January 01, 2024, 04:40:07 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 31, 2023, 09:37:40 PM
noticed that and will need to be at this level which is is same as Iwobis level every game .

It's all the knock on effect of having proper competition for places in the starting 11. We've got a bench that aren't far behind the starters- Tete, Diop, Ream even Ballo Toure, Reed, Wilson could all be starting. It's great to have that competition and I felt you could see it when Periera came on, he was like a man possessed- winning headers, winning the ball in tackles and driving at the opposition.

SuffolkWhite

Nice to see the tactic of going direct during the game, keeps the opposition guessing, well done Mr Silva.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

I never quite agree with Marco's starting line ups but the result generally proves him right.